Pedro Rodriguez

IraqiCulé

Let's just be glad we have this kid on our team. He is becoming immense. I never thought he had it in him last season...but what a player he is now.

zanela

Hes been extremely productive and lucky for us in the Cup tournaments. He should be one of the first names on the sheet for these K.O games.

FlyLo

Why not? It's an amazing feat.

His goals? Yea, you can't mention it enough. Pedro is truly amazing.
The comparison however, was irrelevant. Different positions, different qualities. And, perhaps more importantly (without bringing down Pedro's accomplishments): would Pedro have scored all those goals if Zlatan hadn't been on the pitch when he scored most of them? I just see no reason why he had to compare Pedros goals to Zlatans. Can't they be amazing on their own?

And, on a different note: why didn't Pedro get the trophy for (at least) third best player last night?

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
His goals? Yea, you can't mention it enough. Pedro is truly amazing.
The comparison however, was irrelevant. Different positions, different qualities. And, perhaps more importantly (without bringing down Pedro's accomplishments): would Pedro have scored all those goals if Zlatan hadn't been on the pitch when he scored most of them? I just see no reason why he had to compare Pedros goals to Zlatans. Can't they be amazing on their own?

because bojan is a youknowwhat.

great post.

And, on a different note: why didn't Pedro get the trophy for (at least) third best player last night?

because these "best player" awards are usually shite.

I mean, denilson was probably player of the tournament it's just the rest of his team was shit. but if you take the provisio that the winner has to come from the winners then for overall consistency of performance then busquets was probably our best player. but if you accept that it has to be an attacking player then it's zlatan. if you wanna give it for impact then yeah, messi deserves it (game-turner in the semi's, winner in the finals - vs. pedro's meaningless one in semi's and game-turner in the final. the maths = messi) but pedro should surely be third ahead of xavi.

but yeah, they probably just make that shit up.

zanela

Yeh i agree Denilson was Player of the Tournament. Top goal scorer, tried to get his team back in to the match when they were down to 9 & losing in the Semis. He even played their goalie when they were down to 8.
It's a real shame that brilliance and dedication isn't recognised when it comes from a non-glamorous name playing for a third-placed team. I was atleast hoping he would be second or third. But, FIFA is inept. So, u can expect these things.

Last edited:
F

FCB_Titi_LB

Zanela..that may well be but would you compare the top scorer in 3th devision with a mediocre scorer in 1st division? says it all

zanela

Zanela..that may well be but would you compare the top scorer in 3th devision with a mediocre scorer in 1st division? says it all

They all competed in a Cup tournament and should be fairly judged on how they perform in it rather than their past reputation or the standard of the league they play in.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

They all competed in a Cup tournament and should be fairly judged on how they perform in it rather than their past reputation or the standard of the league they play in.
-> hello ,hello .... im not talking about the standard of their leagues. I'm talking about the difference in team quality and opposition in the tournament. Its easier to perform in lower rounds than higher ones.
Will a player which doesnt make the semis or final in CL be given best player of the tournament? The higher u go the more difficult to perform the more valuable the performance.

+ dont forget that the opposition at lower rounds is much weaker.
Barca only came in the tournament at the semis. says it all

zanela

Will a player which doesnt make the semis or final in CL be given best player of the tournament? The higher u go the more difficult to perform the more valuable the performance.

But, he DID make the semis and even scored against Estudiantes even when his team was down to 9 men. He was the tournament's top goal scorer, which standard of oppositions he played prior is irrelevant. He should 've made the Top 3 easily. I'm sure had Messi been the top scorer and lost in the Semis, he would 've still made the Top 3. These awards are usually given to big names irrespective of their performances. I mean, Pedro & Bus were better than Xavi but the latter still came third.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans