Pep Guardiola

Birdy

Dont let him leave....
Flood the training center in millions and convince him to stay for ever..
His heart is in Catalonia. Its his home..

Yugo Count Dante

Dont let him leave....
Flood the training center in millions and convince him to stay for ever..
His heart is in Catalonia. Its his home..
This is needed. I'm an nostalgic person, without Guardiola the experience won't be the same, look what happened with Abidal not being able to play :(

King Leo

Banned
I think Pep IS leaving us as he got almost everything he came for (he probably wanted us to make it to the CL final and kick Moudrid's ass). I think he's looking for a less stressing challenge with some freedom for creativity. Doubt Chelsea as he would have to answer to Abramovich. The idea of England's NT coach sounds plausible as I think it's less work than a club and still presents a formidable challenge. What do you guys think?

Also we all love Bielsa but can we get him? does he have contractual obligations with Bilbao?

ricknattery

Don't think Pep would leave us just like that. He should appoint the replacement, who better than him to decide who can take charge of the club
(hope he is thinking in Bielsa)

BarcaOG

Banned
there are no words that can describe how saddening itll be if he does step down... i dont... i cant even begin to comprehend what such a decision entails... this is terrible.

what a week, man.

sad that barcelona lost to chelsea.

happy that madrid lost to bayern.

sadder, much sadder still that pep may be leaving.

you break my heart, football.

frostdude1

I want Pep to stay too but we need to relax and remember that this club will not be in shambles if he leaves. I would love AvB to be his successor if he leaves. Those idiots at Chelsea didn't give him a chance.

Badger

I want Pep to stay too but we need to relax and remember that this club will not be in shambles if he leaves. I would love AvB to be his successor if he leaves. Those idiots at Chelsea didn't give him a chance.

That's a good point. Most people would turn their nose up at AvB but I reckon he could do a great job.

B

beautifulgame

It feels like just yesterday that this adventure started..

I can't believe four years have passed.

:pep:

:wub:

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Why do you think he's probably coming to Barcelona? Because you like him? Why would he leave Athletic?

I personally believe Pep has hand-picked Bielsa and the board wants him.

Why wouldn't he leave Bilbao to manage the greatest football club in the world?

His attention to detail is unmatched in all of football.

All of his teams have always played daring and brave football.

W

woobie

Interesting beliefs. I'm not so sure I share them. I've seen no proof whatsoever of any of it other than the very warm personal relations between Guardiola and Bielsa.

There are a lot of reasons why one might not want the head coaching job at Barcelona: it's a very high pressure job with extremely high expectations that come along with it. Look at what 4 years in the job did to Guardiola. There are also issues like PR and, well, have YOU ever watched a Bielsa press conference? I have and he's not the very best public speaker.

Bielsa IS a very good coach and he's worked wonders with Athletic -- who, let us not forget, are still active in three competitions -- and he seems comfortable there and he's absolutely loved there (this from the several Athletic socios I know and the way people flock to him after practices - Athletic's practices are all open). Bielsa, it seems to me, does better with national teams than he does with clubs and Athletic is far closer to a NT than Barcelona is, given the makeup of the club. There's also the fact that this year's Athletic is a work in progress. They can only get better if he stays, so he may well see his work as unfinished. And he may see Athletic as a challenge: getting a team of guys chosen from a small region in northern Spain to two cup finals is a pretty impressive achievement.

frostdude1

Maybe Pep just needs a break? People are selfish if they can't respect that.

Look at Phil Jackson and the Lakers, he needed a break and left for a couple of years and came back and won more championships.

Home of Barca Fans