Pep Guardiola

Chainsaw

Killahead
While in a subject I don't want to get into I think Nima is a bit too obsessed with blaming everything that went wrong that year on Bielsa, I do agree with the general point, that Bielsa is at his best in an underdog role. He doesn't really have a track record when it comes to dominance, more with giving a team an identity.

Not really, I'm not really talking out of obsession. I'm just saying what I saw. The approach the team took during that WC was just unbelievably subpar for what we all expected from the team. The team somehow became predictable to the opponents and the 3-3-1-3 of Bielsa didn't change to offer alternatives when the team needed a way out. He kept on playing Ortega in all 3 matches when he was a complete disjoint in the team, almost playing all for himself. He kept a more in form Crespo on the bench for a diminished Batistuta. He started a very off form Veron who also had some injury ahead of Aimar. He went into the world cup so half-arsed it was just pathetic! Kept on going with all-the-same predictable decisions while keeping the likes of Ortega on the pitch. The best match the team played was against Nigeria which even there the team suffered to get a narrow win. The team never looked to recover when they went behind against England and the team was obviously nervous in the last match that at the half time I was sure they won't make it.

Bielsa as the head of that team share alots of responsibilities for all the problems the team had in that WC and the decisions he made which indeed played a big part in the nightmare becomes the reality. Argentina once again suffered from the stubbornness of their coach in the WC2002. Bielsa WAS stubborn and he didn't realize that he doesn't have all the time in the world to save his team from an embarrassing elimination.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Guardiola will meet the players shortly and reveal his decision ..... official statement is expected just after that...

M

mitkoa7x

Guardiola is meeting with president Rosell at the offices of the training centre since 9:15

:bitesnails:

Home of Barca Fans