Philippe Coutinho

serghei

Coutinho had little to do with Bayern's attacking prowess today other than that last assist to Lewandowski though. In the first half he was pretty invisible as Bayern's attack went through the wings and largely bypassed him. He was better in the second half but still quite slow in his decision making, always had a few more touches than he should before releasing the ball and he had many back passes. He always attampted to shoot from the position directly diagonally from the goal outside the penalty box but was always getting dispossessed and stopped. He is just not mobile enough and he clearly can't dribble.

Valverde yes but it is not like Coutinho doesn't have his own problems.

It's not just about this game. He's been quality already and barely had any period of accommodation. We'll see how he does, but he looks miles better than at Barcelona already.

The Observer

Was pretty average considering he was on the side winning 7-1, attempted his usual one trick pony shots which didn't come off, will be deemed a failure come crunch time around March/April and won't be bought by Bayern nor anyone else for a 3 figure sum.

Good for him that he can play as #10 for Bayern though.

FinBarcelonafan

Everything has to do with the coach tactics and how he uses his players. Iniesta didn't have any issue playing along Messi occupying same space as Coutinho's Liverpool.

Coutinho at Liverpool
0_coutinho.png

Coutinho at Barcelona
heatmap-Spurs.jpg

Messi
FMVhHGL.jpg

Iniesta
318165D700000578-3461482-image-a-1_1456308153126.jpg

So Coutinho stopped moving with Barca. Haha.

BerkeleyBernie

It's not just about this game. He's been quality already and barely had any period of accommodation. We'll see how he does, but he looks miles better than at Barcelona already.

So much more player movement at Bayern. Coutinho dies in a static game.

Riordon

Don’t want to see him back. Need to start on a blank page with new players and manager. Some of these players have lost it all mentality after being humiliated twice. New quality coach and competent sporting director and give them money to work

Gaudi

I can not understand that proffesional coach doesn't see that, that he doesn't see our tempo is obsolete, our static football is the main problem.

Raketa10

So much more player movement at Bayern. Coutinho dies in a static game.

All players do mate. Our current way of playing doesn't benefit no one. We are just horribly static. Coutinho is a class and I have no doubt at all that his entire problem here was Valverde. Basically the exact same thing is happening to Greizmann right now.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
City too. Players press/move. It's nice to watch.

Yep, City were very entertaining - even against a side largely sitting deep with 10 in the box, often

We absolutely look slow and I am not speaking of lacking speed or burst but organizationally everything takes too long to build. Passes are not crisp, movements are not incisive and there is nearly zero tempo/rhythm in the matches. This, regrettably, is a hallmark of Valverde

Raki13

Watched the game last night and the guy was just as bad as when he played for us , I predict they wont want to sign him.

Riordon

With players like Messi, Suarez, Pique, Busquest, Alba, Arthur, Lenglet, Dembele then it’s really difficult to play with intensity as these guys just don’t have the intensity to run up and down and press like crazy all the time. I’m sure no top team would want any of those bar Messi, not Arthur either though Cules love him.

De Jong, Semedo and Griezmann are suited for that kind of game. Fabian Ruiz, Konate are also suited for that kind of game.

You go nowhere without intensity in CL

Home of Barca Fans