Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Birdy

Rumours that he is waiting for Barca approach.

Honestly, notwithstanding the fact that it will be another pathetic signing of a player past his peak by the board, he will be an upgrade on Suarez

Birdy

Fati - Auba - Dembouz

Treble secured.

I don't know who will coach next season, But i wish someone will have the guts to play 4-2-3-1 with two wingers
Messi can only serve as a no10 and never start out wide again, and De Jong is only giving 50% of what he can as an interior.

Tackle

I don't know who will coach next season, But i wish someone will have the guts to play 4-2-3-1 with two wingers
Messi can only serve as a no10 and never start out wide again, and De Jong is only giving 50% of what he can as an interior.

To play that sort of system you would need to pair an extremely mobile, high work-rate player with De Jong to prevent the midfield from being exposed. Especially considering the lack of defensive contribution from Messi. We do not have such a player. 4-2-3-1 is a fantasy for now.

Birdy

I am not sure about that.
Ajax 18/19 played with two '6s', one being De Jong, and the onther one being Schone - a player that is not that super mobile or hard working, and was a fantastic team.

Even Pjanic can play that role.
Of course it's not only the two '6s', but many other pieces that have to click for this system to work.

I just think it's the system that can minimize the trade offs of having Messi in his 'free' role.
Either as a winger, or as a 'false 9' in a 4-3-3 these days, the team's balance is skewed

Tekkers

4-2-3-1 is the only logical way to go from here on out.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I am not sure about that.
Ajax 18/19 played with two '6s', one being De Jong, and the onther one being Schone - a player that is not that super mobile or hard working, and was a fantastic team.

Even Pjanic can play that role.
Of course it's not only the two '6s', but many other pieces that have to click for this system to work.

I just think it's the system that can minimize the trade offs of having Messi in his 'free' role.
Either as a winger, or as a 'false 9' in a 4-3-3 these days, the team's balance is skewed

You conveniently forgot that Ajax?s player in the CAM position was van de Beek, a player with arguably more workrate than de Jong. Their striker was Tadic, another attacking midfielder de-facto. 4-2-3-1 with Messi at CAM will never work. It?s even more destabilizing than the current 4-3-3.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
He is a great striker. But you have to question the ambition of someone who goes from Dortmund to Arsenal and proceeds to stay there for 2.5 seasons. Couple that with his age (especially for someone whose main quality is pace) and it doesn't look that great of a deal for Barca.

FinBarcelonafan

He is a great striker. But you have to question the ambition of someone who goes from Dortmund to Arsenal and proceeds to stay there for 2.5 seasons. Couple that with his age (especially for someone whose main quality is pace) and it doesn't look that great of a deal for Barca.

Good point. Arsenal was lack of ambition move for sure.

Morten

Tbf, he was waiting for Bayern to pick him up, as they do with any decent Dortmund player, but they already had a top class striker, so...

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Why are there even rumors, he is 31 ffs. Signing another ageing player, especially one that relies on pace would be suicidal. His wages would be huge too.

serghei

Rumours that he is waiting for Barca approach.

Honestly, notwithstanding the fact that it will be another pathetic signing of a player past his peak by the board, he will be an upgrade on Suarez

Doubt it, he has to ripen up a bit, way too young for us. In 1-2 years he'll be eligible.

Andresito

Staff member
To be fair, he's not that reliant on pace anymore. He wasn't on the list below of PL's top 10 fastest players (which Khaled linked in the S?yuncu thread). Meaning he either already lost his pace or has a playing style that doesn't get him into the full speed positions. Either way he scores goals, almost most in PL, without reaching insane speeds.

Ed7iGIGXsAE8rCN

But yeah I wouldn't sign him either at this point.

khaled_a_d

I do like him a lot, and I think he is perfect fit too as stop gap.
But at some point, you need to stop adding "stop gap" players and start adding players you plan to have for 5+ years.
Unless Suarez leaves this summer, I won't go anywhere near him.
If Suarez leaves, and if we see Fati as future 9, only then I would like such a move.

Home of Barca Fans