Pre-season: International Champions Cup

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I didn't catch the whole half, how's Kenedy doing? I don't expect a whole lot since he's only 19 and it's his first taste of football with us.

Helped out defensively and had a couple of good passes and been quite active upfront. Good so far.

JamDav1982

Not bad half against full strength Chelsea team closer to being ready for season.

Bartra and Mathieu been terrible though as has Munir.

Gumbau done quite well I thought other than diving in a bit too early a few times but looked decent on ball.

Suarez and Hazard far and away best players on park as you would expect.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Gumbau is a tragedy. Responsible for large part of the defensive chaos that's going on. Though Bartra is responding really poorly too.

LE continues to move Busi around the midfield and it continues to not work. Ok to experiment on pre-season, but surely for the benefit of Samper and not Gumbau who is woefully lacking.

ceefoo

It just goes to show how integral Busquets is to this team.

His understanding of the DM role and his positional play is close to perfection.

So many opposition attacks are negated because of him, before they even reach our defensive line.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Gumbau had a couple of good passes, but been a disaster defensively and just positionally in general.

Gumbau playing the Busi role, leaving the 2 CBs completely exposed. He's constantly making bad decisions and straying out of position. Was so in the goal and in the Costa miss.

Bartra though is not responding very well to the lack of DM support. He is playing very poorly right now.

Ya the only thing that I'm disappointed with so far in preseason so far is Bartra. I wanted to see if he could take the next step in his development and do well in the moments where his teammates aren't giving him much support. Of course he's a good cb option 90% of the time but that's what's keeping him from becoming a number 1 option

Home of Barca Fans