Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wow, I'm not saying he's the best. Just the most complete one. If you think about it for two seconds you'll realise how much sense it makes.

As for Messi, I don't think of him as a striker.

I agree. He is the most complete pure striker along with Falcao IMO.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Wow, I'm not saying he's the best. Just the most complete one. If you think about it for two seconds you'll realise how much sense it makes.

As for Messi, I don't think of him as a striker.

Cavani, Falcao and Ibrahimovic are pretty complete too.

pEllee

Your claim as such doesn't deserve one.

No, it's because you are not capable of answering it. Stop acting like a prick.

Cavani, Falcao and Ibrahimovic are pretty complete too.

Ibra, yes. Cavani sort of. Falcao? Well, a complete goal scorer perhaps. Not a complete player.

What I meant was that; Rooney can play in midfield. He's a very good passer, both his long and his short passing is good. He's got good vision and immense power. Can play as a lone striker, can also play behind. Even out wide. What seperates him for me is the fact that he's capable of doing some decent defending. His work rate and attitude on the field is amazing really.

Last edited:

Galning

yeah, it must be terrible getting paid 200k+ a week to play for manchester united, my heart goes out to him, those starving children in africa don't know how good they have got it...

:VdB: although I was not serious... Hope you think about that sentence every time you complain about something in your life. As if professional footballers can't be sad or anything.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Ibra, yes. Cavani sort of. Falcao? Well, a complete goal scorer perhaps. Not a complete player.

What I meant was that; Rooney can play in midfield. He's a very good passer, both his long and his short passing is good. He's got good vision and immense power. Can play as a lone striker, can also play behind. Even out wide. What seperates him for me is the fact that he's capable of doing some decent defending. His work rate and attitude on the field is amazing really.

I agree with this, although being complete doesn't really mean much if you can't perform on a consistent basis. I would say Ibra is about as complete as Rooney but he is a better player, because he's more consistent and is better at things that strikers need more - eg. dribbling (as compared to work rate). It all depends on the team though ofc, maybe a team needs a lot of work upfront, then Rooney might be a better option.

Not the current Rooney though, his attitude and work rate are terrible. Right now, a whole bunch of strikers are better than Rooney.

Banana-Rama

:VdB: although I was not serious... Hope you think about that sentence every time you complain about something in your life. As if professional footballers can't be sad or anything.

i thought your post was serious hence the response, my post was also a bit tongue in cheek, although i do think rooney's sulking is pathetic, he is getting paid something like £1 million a month and playing for the biggest club in england, he needs to get a grip and realise how good he has got it, also that VDB gif is so overused on this forum, it is getting right on my nerves...

pEllee

I agree with this, although being complete doesn't really mean much if you can't perform on a consistent basis. I would say Ibra is about as complete as Rooney but he is a better player, because he's more consistent and is better at things that strikers need more - eg. dribbling (as compared to work rate). It all depends on the team though ofc, maybe a team needs a lot of work upfront, then Rooney might be a better option.

Not the current Rooney though, his attitude and work rate are terrible. Right now, a whole bunch of strikers are better than Rooney.

I think he's one of the best players in the world when he's in form. But yes, Ibra is a better player. Although, Ibra is a very mediocore dribbler tbh. His touch and ball control is amazing but he's too tall and too slow to be a great dribbler.

It's not just the work rate. It's the fact that whenever Rooney is forced to be in positions where he needs to defend, he's capable of defending. Not just working hard. Also a better long range passer while playing in midfield. Therefore more complete, but not better than Ibra, no.

Last edited:

pEllee

Like I said, they should have signed a good creative midfielder instead of two defensive ones. This is awful to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans