Premier League 2017/18

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

El Gato

Villarato!
Hazard is not a player we need, i honestly dont understand all these rumors.
He is a very good player, but the last thing we need is yet another playmaker, we have plenty of them, we need more consistent goalscorers.

We need both. Bale doesn’t do either of these two things consistently enough to warrant the wage he’s getting. Hence Hazard is looked at as replacement. Hazard providing from the wing to guys like Asensio, Cristiano and maybe Icardi, if Inter don’t win at the Olimpico next week, is something we’re missing since Di Maria left and Modric and Isco decided to play from deep rather than from the side.

The only other option forward to provide goals is Mbappe if somehow, some way PSG are forced to sell following the FFP breach. But that’s even less likely.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Bale is a better player than Hazard who plays from the left and sometimes centrally neither of which Real really need.

Would not make them any better dont think.

Demog

If anything can happen applied to them they wouldn't have won the last 2 cls by being that okayish.

They have mastered the art of winning be it by playing good or shit, and they had much better odds of losing against juve and atletico in the last 2 years than they have now. Really should let it go.

I thought I had let it gone before the bayern match but still kept hope and the same shit happened. Not going to fool myself to keep hope again that too against a very poor liverpool for a team that is in CL final.
"Very poor Liverpool"? What is a good team in your opinion?

Demog

Taking into account the standards for a team in a CL final, liverpool is much worse.
Liverpool have lost only one game in the Champions League this season, they are by FAR the highest scoring team in the competition, they have more wins than any other team except Real and Bayern, 3 of Liverpool's attackers are in the top 4 goal scorers of the tournament... I'm not sure how you can say this is a team of poor standards. By any definition, this is a good Liverpool team and deserving finalists who have a good chance of winning.

Neymessi

Liverpool have lost only one game in the Champions League this season, they are by FAR the highest scoring team in the competition, they have more wins than any other team except Real and Bayern, 3 of Liverpool's attackers are in the top 4 goal scorers of the tournament... I'm not sure how you can say this is a team of poor standards. By any definition, this is a good Liverpool team and deserving finalists who have a good chance of winning.

A team in a CL final does not narrowly enter CL of next year by coming 4th in the last match of the PL. Now you could say the same about RM being poor in the league but thats a totally different story altogether. Liverpool have a bang average team with a horseshit defense and a terribly mediocre midfield. They are much worse than the 2 atletico sides RM faced in the final back then and the juve side of last time.

Rm aren't that great themselves but they know how to somehow win with better sides and also have an occasional sprinkle of luck and ref decisions going their way. So even if liverpool were better than RM, there was still a good chance of RM being victorious but with this liverpool defense its a no brainer RM will win this.

The stats you posted are just stats. Liverpool have only faced one decent side in manc which they should get the credit of defeating but thats it. Considering everything liverpool aren't terrible by any means and there has been a lack of good footballing sides in the past few years with us and RM playing very mediocre by our standards so maybe liverpool reaching the final isn't a farce but the point is that they pose no threat to RM, a side that has made winning the CL by some way its forte.

Neymessi

He is and Hazard at his best from same side as Ronaldo.

Bale even when fit isn't better than hazard at all. Hazard is an exceptional playmaker who plays really well for chelsea most of the times whereas bale is someone who has all the attributes of a good footballer but still doesn't provide much impact on the field.

JamDav1982

Bale even when fit isn't better than hazard at all. Hazard is an exceptional playmaker who plays really well for chelsea most of the times whereas bale is someone who has all the attributes of a good footballer but still doesn't provide much impact on the field.

Bale is the better player and has had plenty impact on the field. For club and country done more than Hazard.

Neymessi

Bale is the better player and has had plenty impact on the field. For club and country done more than Hazard.

He hasn't had plenty of impact at all. He had a fine first season where he scored that solo goal in the copa final and had a much better season than neymar and everyone was like bale is the better player of the two but that was bale's peak and he never did contribute much to RM after that. The only reason he kept playing for so long consistently when there were better alternatives available was because of his mammoth fees and because it would have made perez look bad.

Bale was a beast in spurs but not much impact in RM. Rm have almost won 4 cl in 5 years and apart from that first CL win in 14, he hasn't been influential at all for RM whereas hazard has provided a lot of impact and been by a good margin chelsea's best player in both the league titles they won recently while also playing much better than bale in general.

You can see much more dribbling,passing,ball control and playmaking from hazard than bale. No contest that hazard has played better than bale recently.

I really doubt even madrid fans would say he is better than hazard.

Last edited:

Jenks

Hazard has more natural ability but doesn't do enough with it. He always plays within himself and never looks like a player that is striving to reach the top - which he has the ability to do. I would prefer Bale in my team over Hazard if he can stay fit.

BenRobbins

Have a bad feeling Girouds going to dominate United in the final today.

Would of started Bailly and Martial personally.

#MUFC vs Chelsea: De Gea, Valencia, Young, Smalling, Jones, Matic, Herrera, Pogba, Lingard, Sanchez, Rashford.

Chelsea XI vs United: Courtois, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Rudiger, Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Alonso, Hazard, Giroud.

Home of Barca Fans