Premier League 2021/2022

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingLeo10

Waiting for the handful of forum experts to tell me how City are this unstoppable force in the CL. They predictably fold as soon as they encounter a team who is decent defensively and can counter attack.

The level of the elite teams isn't as high as it used to be, and all of the top teams in the world have major flaws. Yes, City are probably favorites or 2nd favorites to Pool for the CL, but I think any of City, Pool, Bayern, Chelsea, and PSG (and even RM if Benz/Vinicius find their form) could beat each other on a given day.

Yet only the flaws of PSG keep being highlighted over and over (do I consider PSG the best? No. But many act like even considering them in the same sentence as City is a crime :lol: )

These teams ain't your Guardiola Barca/ MSN 14-15 Barca/12-13 Bayern/16-17 ZZ RM.

Last edited:

Morten

True, there are several teams that can break down City, heck, even PSG won on aggregate in the group stages.
Was it lucky? For sure, but there is always an element of that in knockouts/non-league games.

Zidane82

That remains to be seen.

That said, good as they are, i agree i don't really enjoy watching their robotic football either.

I thought it was just me who did not like their style ..

Seems kinda predictable.. almost painting by numbers

I much prefer the style of Liverpool and Arsenal these days

Birdy

True, there are several teams that can break down City, heck, even PSG won on aggregate in the group stages.
Was it lucky? For sure, but there is always an element of that in knockouts/non-league games.

Which teams can break down City?

None can 'break' them.
There might be some narrow wins be some top teams if they are on their day.

And, yes, it's a crime to put City and PSG in the same line.

Morten

None can 'break' them.

City are one of the big favorites, but that doesn't make them unbeatable, simple as that.

Just pointing out that a a team you think is awful, PSG, beat them on aggregate, thats all.

Zidane82

None can 'break' them.

Spurs did pretty well !

Their goal that was disallowed for offside was extremely close .. surely they never designed VAR to rule out fabulous goals for 0.5cm ..

Plus the City penalty was as soft as they come .

Should have been 4:1 to Spurs :)

Birdy

Spurs did pretty well !

Their goal that was disallowed for offside was extremely close .. surely they never designed VAR to rule out fabulous goals for 0.5cm ..

Plus the City penalty was as soft as they come .

Should have been 4:1 to Spurs :)

Don't disagree to any of the above, and based on chances def. should have been 4-1 to Spurs.

But, look:

-> City lost for the first time in EPL since October!
And from then to now, they had 19 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat (against RB Leipzing indifferent game) in all competitions
They didn't have a good night after a really looooong while, and it may take as long to see them losing again.

-> Kane had the game of his life! Career highlight display
What that guy did on the pitch was absolutely astonishing.

So, some stars aligned tonight to get the image of this game where the City-Spurs 1-4 would have looked a fair result
Replay this game 10 times and City wins at least 7 times

ajnotkeith

None can 'break' them.

PSG earnt their name being in the same line by beating them 2-0.

Home of Barca Fans