Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

Givenchy

It is madness how the refs are letting all the fouls to go unpunished !!

We were being kicked around the other night ..thankfully nobody got hurt .

Today United were good ? but I thought Arsenal played amazing football for the majority of the game but were caught out when they were playing catch up ..

Have to say that the Martinelli goal was incorrectly disallowed .. they went back to that soft ?coming together? when there had already been about 50 stronger ?coming togethers? before that one .

They have relaxed the rule on physical contact to let the game flow and try and control all the diving / feigning injury so they can?t go back to how it was and call it a foul on Eriksen !! He didn?t blow for a foul in real time so it?s ridiculous to disallow a flaming goal for that minuscule contact .

I also thought that Saka was fouled twice I the box but the ref waved play on both times - the second time he was clearly injured and needed extensive treatment .. why didn?t VAR check them anyways ??

So confusing.

Also .. Martinez took Jesus out after just 1 minute 34 seconds of the game starting .. if you watch the replays he actually stamped on his ankle .. yet only a free kick given !

Martinez was involved in one of the two Saka penalty claims .

-

Jesus was clearly being targeted and was kicked from pillar to post all day - and got zero protection from the ref .

Late on McTominey actually whacked Jesus from behind before THROWING him to the ground .. it was his 20th foul and finally got booked .

It wasn?t all one way ( just 95%) as Bruno was taken out by a dangerous looking high tackle ..

I think the refs have lost the plot .. it?s like the old days when the defenders were allowed a couple of really bad tackles at the the start of every game !!

Trouble is we all want to see fabulous, flair players and creative midfielders but some are gonna get injured due to the lenient officiating.

Martinez must think he?s landed in heaven as he?s been given free roam to just kick anything that moves !!

You know what he said in an interview when he signed for United ??

He said that he was very committed and didn?t mind walking over corpses to get the ball !!!!

Rant over !!

I still think Arsenal will win the league aa long as their forwards aren?t injured by defenders ?

Arsenal are not winning the league dude, City will walk it this season. Arsenal and United can take advantage of no CL though so Chelsea or even Liverpool could drop out top 4 imo.

As for thuggery and fouls, Saka was also lucky not to be sent off near the end, that guy who raked Bruno in 1st half also. I agree with you regarding Martinelli goal, I think if that stood, Arsenal win that game.

I'm not really that impressed with United. They are getting points and winning the games, much improvement but in terms of their style, it looks like ten Hag just said fuck it, these clowns can't play the Ajax way he's used to and it's something like Ole ball again.

kattanib

They had more than a chance, but their team is rarely a complete finished piece. There's always big flaws in any Arsenal side I've seen no matter how great, even the mid 00s Arsenal which was their best side imo.

A chance to win the league I mean

Horatio

You're welcome
Today I wanted Man U to win. But Man U and Arsenal have likable team. Hope they do really well this season.

Temptation

It is madness how the refs are letting all the fouls to go unpunished !!

We were being kicked around the other night ..thankfully nobody got hurt .

Today United were good ? but I thought Arsenal played amazing football for the majority of the game but were caught out when they were playing catch up ..

Have to say that the Martinelli goal was incorrectly disallowed .. they went back to that soft ?coming together? when there had already been about 50 stronger ?coming togethers? before that one .

They have relaxed the rule on physical contact to let the game flow and try and control all the diving / feigning injury so they can?t go back to how it was and call it a foul on Eriksen !! He didn?t blow for a foul in real time so it?s ridiculous to disallow a flaming goal for that minuscule contact .

I also thought that Saka was fouled twice I the box but the ref waved play on both times - the second time he was clearly injured and needed extensive treatment .. why didn?t VAR check them anyways ??

So confusing.

Also .. Martinez took Jesus out after just 1 minute 34 seconds of the game starting .. if you watch the replays he actually stamped on his ankle .. yet only a free kick given !

Martinez was involved in one of the two Saka penalty claims .

-

Jesus was clearly being targeted and was kicked from pillar to post all day - and got zero protection from the ref .

Late on McTominey actually whacked Jesus from behind before THROWING him to the ground .. it was his 20th foul and finally got booked .

It wasn?t all one way ( just 95%) as Bruno was taken out by a dangerous looking high tackle ..

I think the refs have lost the plot .. it?s like the old days when the defenders were allowed a couple of really bad tackles at the the start of every game !!

Trouble is we all want to see fabulous, flair players and creative midfielders but some are gonna get injured due to the lenient officiating.

Martinez must think he?s landed in heaven as he?s been given free roam to just kick anything that moves !!

You know what he said in an interview when he signed for United ??

He said that he was very committed and didn?t mind walking over corpses to get the ball !!!!

Rant over !!

I still think Arsenal will win the league aa long as their forwards aren?t injured by defenders ?

Warned you before that Arsenal won't win the league. Arsenal just had good momentum and favourable fixtures. That's all.

They'll fight for top 4. Will potentially slip out of top 4 too. Wait and watch them crumble.

Devils

Disgraceful decision.

Arsenal are top of the league and taking 2-3 weeks off could really hinder our form.

Can't believe it!

Andresito

Staff member
9rhnyfmap7o91.jpg

Windhook

Again, yet for another season Man City look like this well-oiled machine and expect them to fuck up against Real Madrid or whatever English club they face in the 1/4 or 1/2 finals of CL.

serghei

City are too soft on several positions, especially mentally (keeper, CBs, even fullbacks). But Haaland could be a big asset in CL, compared to previous years. In league format they don't get many high pressure scenarios to bring out their bad side.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans