Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

BerkeleyBernie

Terrible shit from Arsenal. 0:1 at home in 50seconds... Vs Bournemouth. LMFAO

I'm always puzzled that more teams don't treat kickoffs as set plays. This one from Bournemouth was brilliantly executed. The goal was due to poor defending by Arsenal but to have the ball (easily) on the edge of the opponent's box within the first few seconds after kickoff was due to the clever kickoff set piece.

Iniesta Ultra

I'm always puzzled that more teams don't treat kickoffs as set plays. This one from Bournemouth was brilliantly executed. The goal was due to poor defending by Arsenal but to have the ball (easily) on the edge of the opponent's box within the first few seconds after kickoff was due to the clever kickoff set piece.

You saw the Ney to Messi to Mcry kickoff goal beginning of this season?

BBZ8800

Damn, maybe BBZ was right about Arsenal and United getting the ref bias. :lol:

I hate City and I cheer for everyone else, but yes, the refs are favoring Man Utd and Arsenal this season:
1. To revive the brands of those two huge clubs who were losers lately.
It is better to have 5-6 big clubs with chances to win trophies than only 1-2.
Also, Man Utd and Arsenal have a huge fanbase in Asia and Usa and if they are "hot", that is toooons of money returned back to English FA.
The same is happening in Italy with their FA trying to bring AC Milan back to life with 15 soft pens per season.
Because Milan is the 2nd biggest club in Italy, they need strong Milan back.
The same is happening with Barca and best young footballer of the world awards. When times are tough, you gotta give a hand to big brands and keep their sponsors and fans happy and hopeful for the future.

2. The 2nd reason in EPL is because City is financed with oil money and in this moment, FA decided that it is a good moment to shift back to traditional clubs.
City will play and invest millions even if they lose.
On the other hand, in the eyes of casual viewers, EPL will earn a few more points if "good guys win".
So, it is a nice fairytale.
(Not that Man Utd are 100% good guys, but they are more traditional/fair compared with City's oil money. Fans just get the feeling that something right happened if Man Utd/Arsenal wins a title over Man City. For the same reason, refs and the whole England favored Liverpool over City 2 years ago).

Of course, you need 2 to tango.
FA can't push Man Utd or Arsenal if they suck.
They need to play good and then on top of that, they'll get a push from FA because FA will profit longterm if Arsenal/Man Utd return to top.

You know my opinion about a WC.
A similar story, a rigged fairytale.
A mixture of Argentina's good run, FIFA's wish for Messi to win because it would be the best fairytale for millions of casual viewers and for future books and movies.
Pair those two and you get 5-6 soft touch pens at 0:0 for Argentina in every match.

The same applies for Real Madrid in La Liga due to politics, or for RM in a CL due to their brand.
Then Juve and refs in Seria A since always, Bayern in Bundesliga due to a brand and sponsors, Psg at France.
Or any match at WC KO matches or CL qualifiers where in 90% of cases, you can predict before a match which team will get a soft pen in case a match gets into dangerous waters (0:0 or 0:1 late in the match).

Last edited:

stb_1

...and then you wake up from your dream

are you joking?

Liga has 2 good teams and a million yellow and red cards every game. Lowest ball in play game time of all leagues. Terrible to watch.

If it wasn't for Classico teams, it would be French league level on watchability.

iniestaGOAT

are you joking?

Liga has 2 good teams and a million yellow and red cards every game. Lowest ball in play game time of all leagues. Terrible to watch.

If it wasn't for Classico teams, it would be French league level on watchability.

Bro, I am not interested in this discussion anymore. I have destroyed PL fan boys many times.

La Liga has two things Qatar premier league has lost: Passion and identity.

stb_1

Bro, I am not interested in this discussion anymore. I have destroyed PL fan boys many times.

La Liga has two things Qatar premier league has lost: Passion and identity.

Passion? with half empty stadiums..

Yeah right. lmfao! Watching Villarreal vs Getafe right now from other weak, stadium half empty.. So passionate.

iniestaGOAT

Qatar Premier League where none of the teams are owned by Qataris.. Clown.

Enjoy SPOTIFY Camp Nou.

Like Tebas said, its a SUPER DEBT LEAGUE,

Saved by middle east.

call it SUPER DEBT LEAGUE or QATAR PREMIER LEAGUE. Up to you.

No passion, no identity, only money. Plastic league.

Enjoy.

Home of Barca Fans