Premier League 23/24

Who will win PL this season?

• Total voters

Morten

Relative to finances, I don't think I've seen a club as disastrous and finished as United post 2013.

11 years, net spend of 2 billion or whatever, and the return has been:

Consistently getting destroyed by City and Pool

Mid-table more often than not

1 memorable CL KO win in 11 years (against the PSG chokers no less lmao)

Simply a DISASTER of a club. Couldn't have happened to a "nicer" bunch too. They always had the ego of RM with their biggest club in the world BS while having the trophy cabinet of an Inter Milan :lol:

The fact that Mourinho's spell there is still the most successful time they have had since Fergie speaks for itself, 2 cup trophies and a 2nd place(over two seasons), nobody has bettered that since, lmao.

Messi983

Okay, so at least for next season, 4th or 5th in la liga probably doesn't matter either then, idk how close Serie A is getting though.

No, that 5th spot is decided by a yearly coefficient. Serie A and BL are currently in best position but as said would expect EPL still finish ahead of BL especially if Bayern goes out against Lazio.

E: Forgot to add Aston Villa/Mr Good Ebening should be clear favorites for ECL.

Jenks

No, that 5th spot is decided by a yearly coefficient. Serie A and BL are currently in best position but as said would expect EPL still finish ahead of BL especially if Bayern goes out against Lazio.

Liverpool might have something to say about that.

Morten

So it is yearly then, i understand.

ECL, anything can happen in the cups, but considering the competition, Emery would really have to outdo himself to beat Liverpool and Leverkusen for the trophy.

It is strange when ECL have teams that are probably stronger than everybody in UCL(except City) at this point.

KingLeo10

ECL, anything can happen in the cups, but considering the competition, Emery would really have to outdo himself to beat Liverpool and Leverkusen for the trophy.

It is strange when ECL have teams that are probably stronger than everybody in UCL(except City) at this point.

That speaks to the meh quality of CL lately. That this uninspiring City side is the best in the competition by a distance.

Messi983

Liverpool might have something to say about that.

Liverpool are in Europa League. Obvious favorites there besides Leverkusen ofc.

But that was exactly my point why I wouldn't "worry" about PL finishing amongst two best leagues by coefficient. Pretty good odds City/Liverpool/Villa will win their respective competitions or at least get into the final.

Again, Emery is not in the same competition as Liverpool and Leverkusen. West Ham and Brighton are the other PL clubs in Europa League. They could get to at least semi final too depending on draw. Although Brighton won't have it easy against Roma.

Morten

That speaks to the meh quality of CL lately. That this uninspiring City side is the best in the competition by a distance.

If we can avoid City until the final, its a 50/50 game, but not over two legs, either us or Inter looks like the only serious competition for them, as of now.

soul24rage

Liverpool are in Europa League. Obvious favorites there besides Leverkusen ofc.

But that was exactly my point why I wouldn't "worry" about PL finishing amongst two best leagues by coefficient. Pretty good odds City/Liverpool/Villa will win their respective competitions or at least get into the final.

Again, Emery is not in the same competition as Liverpool and Leverkusen. West Ham and Brighton are the other PL clubs in Europa League. They could get to at least semi final too depending on draw. Although Brighton won't have it easy against Roma.
Agreed, most likely England and Italy will have the extra CL spot and either Spurs or Aston Villa will get that 5th spot.

fergus90

I hope we get 4th spot, not that I give a toss about the Champions League because it's a dusted competition but just to ruffle the feathers of Sky Sports who cannot stand the fact we are up there.

fergus90

Let's seen Inter knock out Atletico first.
Inter are class these days but they gave Atletico a huge opportunity to stay in the tie with some of those missed chances in Milan. Well mainly Arnautovic but i guess he redeemed himself with the goal.

Fancy Inter to progress still especially as Atletico have to chase the game but will make for an exciting evening hopefully.

Home of Barca Fans