Quique Setien

Porque

Seti?n: “It is going to be a good game against Bayern”.

-Puts on favourite shirt and jeans.
-Sits in front row.
-Grabs his popcorn and nacho dip hat.
-Forgets to makes any subs.
-Takes selfies at half time with the players like a fan who won a meet and great.
-Lets Messi&Co manage the game.

Quique-Setien-Eder-Sarabia-Napols_2504759720_73643098_1200x630.jpg

khaled_a_d

I am going to be the devil advocate and say that playing more conservative football is our best hope in CL.
Abandoning trying to build from the back or making our fullbacks so attacking was smart move, ugly but smart.
With Busquets/Vidal and may be even Arthur/Dembele coming back I think he will use his subs earlier.

Riordon

Disappointing not to see Puig. A Puig at his best + Frenkie like yesterday is the only way I can see how we can get though Bayern IMO but Setien too scared to do it.

Andresito

Staff member
I am going to be the devil advocate and say that playing more conservative football is our best hope in CL.
Abandoning trying to build from the back or making our fullbacks so attacking was smart move, ugly but smart.
With Busquets/Vidal and may be even Arthur/Dembele coming back I think he will use his subs earlier.

Arthur isn't setting foot on a pitch for us lol.

George_Costanza

I have this Liverpool bad vibes. In the second half, Napoli could have got back in the game if they scored one of the many chances they had. It was similar to the Liverpool home game, we all saw those missed chances by Liverpool, we all knew we didn't do well despite winning that game, except for Valverde, who saw nothing! So far, QS game management is very similar to EV.

Bayern is not Napoli. They will destroy us if we don't fix issues.

JamDav1982

Messi at half time telling players to stay calm as ahead was same shit the dressing room were coming out with vs Liverpool as well.

The amigos want a 'calm' slow game as they cant keep up with much else.

Try that v Bayern and they will get humiliated.

khaled_a_d

I have this Liverpool bad vibes.

If we shit ourselves the way we did against Liverpool/Roma, no system or game plan would save us.
We lack speed in center of defense and we lack midfield intensity to make a battle with Bayern.
A quick reminder that our defense (and attack) were shit in Liga after the hiatus when we tried to play what Setien wanted.
Look, I hope we will be able to play Pep type of football and dominate, but we are the underdogs here. There is no quick fix for our solutions and whatever the game plan it will be a risk.

serghei

If we shit ourselves the way we did against Liverpool/Roma, no system or game plan would save us.
We lack speed in center of defense and we lack midfield intensity to make a battle with Bayern.
A quick reminder that our defense (and attack) were shit in Liga after the hiatus when we tried to play what Setien wanted.
Look, I hope we will be able to play Pep type of football and dominate, but we are the underdogs here. There is no quick fix for our solutions and whatever the game plan it will be a risk.

Agreed.

But since we don't have good chances anyway, I'd rather go at them, then try to defend, and look clownish like vs Roma. If you let Bayern attack, they will beat you. Our defense is the weakest of the top 6 teams, and their attack is probably the most effective at the minute. Not very hard to add 2 with 2, and realize that a similar approach with the one vs Napoli will be devastating. Maybe start conservative, but if in the first 10-15 mins we look like we can concede every minute, switch up and go at them, be what it may.

Worst thing that could happen is us parking the bus and looking like clowns at it. Bayern beating us clearly as we look like a small side with no guts.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Agreed.

But since we don't have good chances anyway, I'd rather go at them, then try to defend, and look clownish like vs Roma. If you let Bayern attack, they will beat you. Our defense is the weakest of the top 6 teams, and their attack is probably the most effective at the minute. Not very hard to add 2 with 2, and realize that a similar approach with the one vs Napoli will be devastating. Maybe start conservative, but if in the first 10-15 mins we look like we can concede every minute, switch up and go at them, be what it may.

Worst thing that could happen is us parking the bus and looking like clowns at it. Bayern beating us clearly as we look like a small side with no guts.

Yeah but you are not meaning all attack or something, you mean we build a balanced team which could be OK in attack but stronger in defense. I think that's important. I would only choose players who can work under pressure. Rakitic is a big no no. I think starting midfield like Busi-Vidal-DeJong-puig could be the best option. They will help us not let in 3-4 goals WHICh crucial! If Messi and Suarez can score two,we have a chance. I think that's important.

We don't have the legs to play up tempo game for ninety minutes like City and Bayern. We have to slow down the game at some point. Sadly. I think it's a fact.

I agree, parking bus is not an option with this team. We don't have good defense and our offense lacks speed and quickness to make any counter attacks. We can't sit deep and build the game.

Last edited:

Tackle

Going toe to toe with Bayern is a battle we are never going to win. Foolish to even attempt.

Of course we could also just easily be blown away while playing pragmatically and optically it would look worse than losing while going for it, but our strategy has to be the one that gives us the best chance to win.

We simply do not have the movement, dynamism and workrate from our midfielders and forwards to take the game to Bayern. Does not mean we have to park the bus or anything remotely close to that, but we must be sensible. Let the match come to us and hope Leo is on form.

Pushing the play and trying to dictate the tempo would have disastrous consequences. One turnover in the middle of the pitch with the full backs and CMs caught up high on the pitch and Busi is exposed with acres of space behind him and two slow CBs.

We are heavy underdogs for a reason. Players should not be instructed by Setien to pretend they are Barca circa 2011.

FinBarcelonafan

Going toe to toe with Bayern is a battle we are never going to win. Foolish to even attempt.

Of course we could also just easily be blown away while playing pragmatically and optically it would look worse than losing while going for it, but our strategy has to be the one that gives us the best chance to win.

We simply do not have the movement, dynamism and workrate from our midfielders and forwards to take the game to Bayern. Does not mean we have to park the bus or anything remotely close to that, but we must be sensible. Let the match come to us and hope Leo is on form.

Pushing the play and trying to dictate the tempo would have disastrous consequences. One turnover in the middle of the pitch with the full backs and CMs caught up high on the pitch and Busi is exposed with acres of space behind him and two slow CBs.

We are heavy underdogs for a reason. Players should not be instructed by Setien to pretend they are Barca circa 2011.

I think you are correct. We have to be a bit cautious. It's not going to be pretty BUT we have a small chance.

Home of Barca Fans