Quique Setien

Messigician

It seems the Catalan press is already turning on Setien.

Setién got his approach wrong and the team once again felt the absence of a centre forward [sport]

'Very, very worrying' [sport]

'Lost' [md]

Maxi Gómez punished a gray Barça without freshness and provokes Setién’s first defeat [md]

Ter Stegen saved a penalty but couldn’t save a team who generated more possession than real danger [md]

I will be going to the camp Nou next week vs Levante in the gol nord. We are planning to organise a Ernesto Valverde chant in the 25th minute to the 26th minute in homage to the league master winning us our 25th and 26th la liga titles. Please join in if you are there.

cro-man

Setién: "I don't have the feeling that the team is far from what I want."

He stated this bullshit so many times that its clear that this guy is not suited for a big club. There is no big club who hired so many nobodys like we did. When was the last time we got someone who coached atleast one big club?

What did this guy do to earn the right to coach one of the biggest clubs in the world? Didnt betis sevilla fire this guy? A club like betis sevilla fired this guy and we hired him? Thats hilarious:lol but it does fit to our recent policy

Xaviniesta

would like to see this team if he tries 3atb again:

Griezmann--Messi--Dembele
Alba---De Jong--Vidal--semedo
-----umtiti-pique-lenglet-----

Kul_z

We lost fear factor, everybody knows that we are sterile away from home, that we dont have a fast transition and cant play counterattack if our lives depends on that. We need fast transition mf who can bring the ball forward. Setien must find a way for more direct approach or we are doomed.

gasgas

We lost fear factor, everybody knows that we are sterile away from home, that we dont have a fast transition and cant play counterattack if our lives depends on that. We need fast transition mf who can bring the ball forward. Setien must find a way for more direct approach or we are doomed.

That midfielder cant be arthur or de jong.
They are more of tempo players. Maintain possession players

I watch a lot of liverpool these days and i see their players try a lot of things. Not afraid to lose the ball. They will try a risky pass, a risky run and if it fails they fight like warriors to get back on defence

Raketa10

Our biggest problems right now are:

1. we don't have no.9
2. we don't have AM so we insist on playing 3 DM players together which clearly doesn't work (Busi, De Jong, Arthur)
3. we don' have wingers and we force Griezmann to play there which he clearly can't
4. we don't have a proper RB who can run and cover for Messi

IMHO when taking all of this into consideration I see 4-4-2 formation as the most logical one at the moment. As I said before using that formation in 17/18 season was probably the most logical thing Valverde did during his time here. Insisting on 4-3-3 or even worse on 3-4-3 just because we are Barca is stupid as it gets. A wise manager chooses a formation which suits the roster he has. Forcing players to play out of position is the first sign that something is wrong with the person in charge.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Setien needs to drop Fati and Roberto asap, one is horrible in defence, another one is too young, too inexperienced to be a starter. Vidal needs to start as well because he seems to be combining well Messi and he always trying things to happen instead of just moving the ball around.

jairzinho

I think most of the forum would take Valverde over Setien at this point

Lol, it seems as if a lot of us have conveniently forgotten our away record.

Since the domestic season has started we have only won 4/10 away games under the ‘Great’ Valverde, including a loss on the opening day away to Bilbao.

We also managed to concede 13 goals in the same span....and of course, who could forget the usual collapse, this time against Athleti in the super Copa.

But lets just pretend everything was picture perfect until this guy Setièn arrived here. That he did not inherit a team of mental midgets incapable of winning on the road and scarred after Anfield.

I don’t envy QS one bit, the honeymoon is over and the EV asslickers are out in full force to crucify every mistake, every dropped point, everytime a player like Bob shits himself.

Good luck to Him.

Home of Barca Fans