Raheem Sterling

Porque

Shame we didn't have the finances to try and push through Bernando when he was fringe in the summer.

But anyways, Sterling is not a player I particularly like but clearly a player that will improve us right now. Experienced attacker at the highest level.

Loan with buy option. Burgers cant be hotdogs. It is what it is.

Bobo32

Shame we didn't have the finances to try and push through Bernando when he was fringe in the summer.

But anyways, Sterling is not a player I particularly like but clearly a player that will improve us right now. Experienced attacker at the highest level.

Loan with buy option. Burgers cant be hotdogs. It is what it is.

Bernardo has played very well this year, no?
I think the first money available should be used to bring Bernardo, who seems to want to come.

Sterling I don't want ever. As unlikeable as Depay, and almost as bad. He has played under Pep in a system that really helps him a lot, and I understand Xavi wants similar wingers, but Sterling shouldn't be it.

OGbarca

Banned
Aguero was not a Pep reject. Aguero had missed through injury, practically a whole season. Barca jumped in too soon to sign him on a free, without thinking ?why are City not giving him the contract he wants?

Sterling has got squeezed out. Silva is playing better than KDB, and ran rings around Liverpool. Foden has stepped up. Jesus has a new position, wide on the right, and pushed out Mahrez, Grealish then arrives. Sterling got left behind.

Is he better than most attacking players for Barca today? Probably yes. Loan initially with option to buy.

pep wanted to sell aguero from the moment he signed on as coach. and he has been trying to swap or sell sterling to fund his harry kane fantasy. they are pep rejects

Mateka

If Pep wanted to move on Aguero, he would have. They were together for five seasons. But he only played more than 25 games in one of those seasons. Aguero played in only 12 games in his last season, mainly due to injury and Pep going with a false 9. His contract was then not renewed. That does not make Aguero a reject,they had 5 years together.

Aguero”I never had problems with Guardiola. I never argued with him.
"We did have to clarify things.
"When he arrived, as we didn't know each other, we had a bit of trial and error.
"The last three years were fantastic.

"If he has a game idea in his head, he goes for it. He doesn't care if he has to leave out of the team a player that had scored three goals in the last games.
"He doesn't care about the player's name. Unless it is Messi. Daily Mirror.

Pep may want to move Sterling on to sign a striker. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Zidane82

I think the first money available should be used to bring Bernardo, who seems to want to come.

Sterling I don't want ever. As unlikeable as Depay, and almost as bad. He has played under Pep in a system that really helps him a lot, and I understand Xavi wants similar wingers, but Sterling shouldn't be it.

Perfect take on things !

Birdy

Yes, Bernando has played very well the CM position this season thus far at City
which is a position we are stacked with players :lol:

When you realize we are talking about wingers, you can join the chat

Zidane82

Now he may turn things around but so far 45 minutes in .Sterling is having a nightmare .. running into dead-ends , no final ball , misconrolled a sitter in front of goal , got a warning for a blatant dive , blasted a shot 20 yards over the bar then got nutmegged by Messi .

Last edited:

Mateka

pep wanted to sell aguero from the moment he signed on as coach. and he has been trying to swap or sell sterling to fund his harry kane fantasy. they are pep rejects

So why did Pep keep Aguero for 5 seasons ?

245 appearances by Sterling for Pep, the most of any player.

124 goals by Aguero for Pep the most since 2016/17 season.

I think he would sell Sterling for the right deal.

Last edited:

Zidane82

Thank the lord !!
#ManCity will step up their attempts to secure Raheem Sterling to a long-term contract. The #PL champions are ready to reject offers for the England forward amid interest from clubs including Barcelona.

Mateka

Thank the lord !!
#ManCity will step up their attempts to secure Raheem Sterling to a long-term contract. The #PL champions are ready to reject offers for the England forward amid interest from clubs including Barcelona.

That appears to be the rumour. Pep wants Sterling to sign a new contract, so they say. The difficulty is how Pep squares a circle. Sterling would stay at City long term if he knows in the key games, he is starting. But even if his form continues to improve, those wide places have Foden, Grealish, Mahrez and Jesus already.

Sterling plus cash for Frankie de Jong still looks tempting. A replacement is needed for Fernandinho next season.

Last edited:

Messigician

That appears to be the rumour. Pep wants Sterling to sign a new contract, so they say. The difficulty is how Pep squares a circle. Sterling would stay at City long term if he knows in the key games, he is starting. But even if his form continues to improve, those wide places have Foden, Grealish, Mahrez and Jesus already.

But Sterling for Frankie de Jong still looks tempting. A replacement is needed for Fernandinho next season.

FDJ isn't going to be traded for a bum like sterling especially when sterling is one of the most unprofessional players in the history of football

Home of Barca Fans