Raheem Sterling

ajnotkeith

You cannot have it both ways in here ..

If some can slaughter Busquets for the occasional bad pass after all he has given to our club then I can certainly find fault with one of the most overrated players in history .

It is pure folly for some to claim that Sterling is a world class player when he cannot even do the basics properly.
The guy cannot even control long passes something even mediocre players have mastered plus he scuffs the ball so often as is technique is so poor
He has zero vision and no final ball ? constantly puts his head down and runs into dead ends ?

He is fast , mobile , low centre of gravity and as such causes a bit of chaos every so often .. so what .

That's a weird way to describe a player that has consistently scored 20 goals a season from the wing at the highest level, an extreme rarity in that position.

Despite proving his goalscoring prowess over and over again with 20+ goal seasons in a position where few at the highest level score double digits you continue to say the only thing he has is speed. There are plenty of fast players, you can find players faster than Sterling even in the 5th or 6th division. That doesn't give you what it takes to be prolific at a Champions League and Premier League level.

I don't usually say this but I feel there may be other undertones to your tweet as for some reason you minimise his skill completely and say he is just a fast player.

You rave about movement and understanding of the game with Busquets, but when it comes to Sterling, who's by far biggest quality is off-the-ball movement and football IQ, you don't even mention it. Why is that?

Last edited:

Jenks

I don't usually say this but I feel there may be other undertones to your tweet as for some reason you minimise his skill completely and say he is just a fast player.

Na, he just has a throbbing erection for Grealish so he has to put his obvious rivals down. Also, his entire conception of what being a good footballer is is based on pure technique and aesthetics. Some of the fundamentals, like awareness or movement, he's not interested in.

Temptation

Na, he just has a throbbing erection for Grealish so he has to put his obvious rivals down. Also, his entire conception of what being a good footballer is is based on pure technique and aesthetics. Some of the fundamentals, like awareness or movement, he's not interested in.

No, it's not.

He loves Haaland.

Surely you can't be snobbish about technique and aesthetics and big up Erling fuckin Haaland?!

Think he just has a bit of a hate boner for Raheem....

Zidane82

That's a weird way to describe a player that has consistently scored 20 goals a season from the wing at the highest level, an extreme rarity in that position.

Despite proving his goalscoring prowess over and over again with 20+ goal seasons in a position where few at the highest level score double digits you continue to say the only thing he has is speed. There are plenty of fast players, you can find players faster than Sterling even in the 5th or 6th division. That doesn't give you what it takes to be prolific at a Champions League and Premier League level.

You rave about movement and understanding of the game with Busquets, but when it comes to Sterling, who's by far biggest quality is off-the-ball movement and football IQ, you don't even mention it. Why is that?
Are you serious about Sterling having a high footballing IQ :)

He has no vision , no final ball and still runs with his head down into dead ends .

That is the exact opposite of a footballing IQ

Zidane82

Who would you regard as his rivals ??
Names ?

Zidane82

Any striker playing so often in that City team will score goals .. he is fast and mobile and knew that he would loads of scoring chances supplied by KDB , Bernardo , Gudogan, Grealish , Cancelo or Foden

Temptation

Please do not tell us you think Sterling is a brilliant player but in the same breathe claim that Ibrahimovic is overrated !!

Well see this thread and see how low some people rate Sterling. Ofcourse he isn't overrated. You talk about City's system benefitting him but you conveniently leave out the fact that he was easily England's best player in the Euros in a Gareth Southgate system which isn't attacker friendly.

Zlatan on the other hand is the fraud who fell short at the highest level but still does cringeworthy marketing and PR selling lies like "Lion mentality". :lol:

Zidane82

Well see this thread and see how low some people rate Sterling. Ofcourse he isn't overrated. You talk about City's system benefitting him but you conveniently leave out the fact that he was easily England's best player in the Euros in a Gareth Southgate system which isn't attacker friendly.

Zlatan on the other hand is the fraud who fell short at the highest level but still does cringeworthy marketing and PR selling lies like "Lion mentality". :lol:

570 career goals
He is regarded as one of the greatest strikers of all time and is one of the most decorated active footballers in the world, having won 34 trophies in his career. He has scored over 570 career goals, including more than 500 club goals, and has scored in each of the last four decades.

He even scored 4 against England including a over-head kick from OUTSIDE the penalty box :)

Pretty sure he holds or shares the record for goals scored in his first 6 games for Barcelona

He won a league title every year for about 12 years whilst playing for different teams in different countries

jamrock

How is zlatan a failure? Because he & pep didn't get on? Even that season he score like 20 goals in the league, never won the CL, but even lewa's CL was a covid CL. And he never really had any great games in the CL when it really mattered for BAYERN in the CL

Which is why as tifo football YouTube story I posted showed how differently he is loved compared to robben and the likes.

Anyways no way is zlatan a failure, is record speaks for itself, if he won the CL he would have a very good argument of being the 3rd best player after Messi & Ronaldo during their playing period, even without it, one can still make that argument.

Temptation

570 career goals
He is regarded as one of the greatest strikers of all time and is one of the most decorated active footballers in the world, having won 34 trophies in his career. He has scored over 570 career goals, including more than 500 club goals, and has scored in each of the last four decades.

He even scored 4 against England including a over-head kick from OUTSIDE the penalty box :)

Pretty sure he holds or shares the record for goals scored in his first 6 games for Barcelona

He won a league title every year for about 12 years whilst playing for different teams in different countries

He hindered numerous CL winning teams which won trebles as soon as he left.

His National Team had their best WC campaign in decades as soon as he left the nt. Then he comes back and they fail to even qualify for Qatar.

It's a pattern. He went to France at a time when French League was even worse than it is today to pad up his goals and trophies charts.

His record in the CL knockouts is one of the most embarrassing records ever.

His goalscoring rate in England, Spain, Italy is much much lower than it was in France or US pretty much proving my point exactly.

Like I said, fell short at the elite level.

Pretty funny that tge 4 goal game you mentioned came in a meaningless friendly. Typical Zlatan. You know if it was some clutch game he'd have missed 4 tapins. :lol:

Not falling for the "played everywhere won everywhere" schtick without analyzing the context especially given that he couldn't cope with playing in one of the greatest club sides of all time: Prime Barca, an attacker's wet dream.

Temptation

How is zlatan a failure? Because he & pep didn't get on? Even that season he score like 20 goals in the league, never won the CL, but even lewa's CL was a covid CL. And he never really had any great games in the CL when it really mattered for BAYERN in the CL

Which is why as tifo football YouTube story I posted showed how differently he is loved compared to robben and the likes.

Anyways no way is zlatan a failure, is record speaks for itself, if he won the CL he would have a very good argument of being the 3rd best player after Messi & Ronaldo during their playing period, even without it, one can still make that argument.

He isn't a failure. He's a very good player. But that last line you said sums it up about him being overrated by certain people.

3rd best behind Messi and Ronaldo? :lol:

Where are his individual accomplishments and records at the highest level??

I can name so many players with more.

Go on then. Make your "argument". I'm all ears.

His PR team managed to brainwash some naive Americans in his MLS stint into believing this. He's not a top 10 player from this generation ffs.

And Lewandowski has individual accomplishments and records Zlatan can only dream of. At 34, he already has way more goals at EVERY level in way lesser games. If I start talking about individual awards then Zlatan....:lol:
Bringing Lewandowski into this argument is the definition of you kicking yourself down. He's miles clear of the cringe quote merchant.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans