Penal Madrid

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Real Madrid signed Jesus Vallejo, the captain of Spain U19 NT from Zaragoza for 5m.

Real Madrid has really been stocking up a lot of promising youngsters since last season, which is really concerning. I know we have La Masia, but ours are prospects and a lot of theirs are blug-n-play-ready players such as Jese, Casemiro etc. Real Madrid already has one of the youngest first teams, 5 years from now, these kids will grow up and dominate us?

Alik

Real Madrid signed Jesus Vallejo, the captain of Spain U19 NT from Zaragoza for 5m.

Real Madrid has really been stocking up a lot of promising youngsters since last season, which is really concerning. I know we have La Masia, but ours are prospects and a lot of theirs are blug-n-play-ready players such as Jese, Casemiro etc. Real Madrid already has one of the youngest first teams, 5 years from now, these kids will grow up and dominate us?

There is still lots of uncertainty on how those players could turn out.

Messi, Neymar, Busquets, MATS, Alba, Pique, Rakitic, all have 4+ seasons of high performance ahead of them. Players like Bartra, Rafinha, Samper should also hopefully continue developing.

And as time goes by, I'm sure we will be replacing the aging players.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around

Not to mention that they're really close to signing Dani Ceballos too. It's really concerning, indeed.

Alarcón

lol and how many of these talents ever make it at Madrid? It's not concerning at all. If the chance they will make it to world class players are so big they wouldn't cost 5 million.

what happened to Asensio by the way? :)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
lol and how many of these talents ever make it at Madrid? It's not concerning at all. If the chance they will make it to world class players are so big they wouldn't cost 5 million.

I believe he is going to be loaned out, which is the right way to develop youth players.

El Gato

Villarato!

It's a great strategy 4-5 years forward. Pepe will be long gone, Ramos is only gonna decline and either leave or start mentoring and Varane will need a good partner. Whether it's the kid or someone else. It's a perfectly normal way to secure young players so that you can loan them out and buy them back a few years forward if/when you need them. Nacho isn't a tank after all.

spark

In the Second division that 6 million clause was a big as Zaragoza could afford while keeping their salary structure. Apparently if they had gotten promoted they would have shielded him with a 20 million clause but here and now that 6 million will help them reinforce their squad plus keep their 18 year old captain for another year while they attempt to get back in the Primera.

Morten

In the Second division that 6 million clause was a big as Zaragoza could afford while keeping their salary structure. Apparently if they had gotten promoted they would have shielded him with a 20 million clause but here and now that 6 million will help them reinforce their squad plus keep their 18 year old captain for another year while they attempt to get back in the Primera.

Its a strange world we live in, big clubs gets flamed doing big signings, were the seller usually gets paid handsfold. "Robbing" small clubs for great talents for cheap is applauded.

Alarcón

Marcelo, Higuain, Varane, Carvajal, Jese. Isco, Ozil, Benzema also came at 21.

All of them save for Varane were already great & mostly established players back then. Isco and Benzema cost 40 million, how on earth is that comparable to signing an 18-year old for 5 million?

It's a great strategy 4-5 years forward. Pepe will be long gone, Ramos is only gonna decline and either leave or start mentoring and Varane will need a good partner. Whether it's the kid or someone else. It's a perfectly normal way to secure young players so that you can loan them out and buy them back a few years forward if/when you need them. Nacho isn't a tank after all.

My point was that it's not something to worry about if you start signing 17 yo players... it would be like Madrid fans worrying about Adama or Halilovic... the chances of those players turning into actually frightening players are slim to say the least, even if they're stars of whatever sub-18 national team.

Morten

All of them save for Varane were already great & mostly established players back then. Isco and Benzema cost 40 million, how on earth is that comparable to signing an 18-year old for 5 million?

My point was that it's not something to worry about if you start signing 17 yo players... it would be like Madrid fans worrying about Adama or Halilovic... the chances of those players turning into actually frightening players are slim to say the least, even if they're stars of whatever sub-18 national team.

Well, Jese is a local product, or something like that. Should count for something. Lets hope he doesnt get another silly injury that puts him out for a year, maybe he can regain form.

El Gato

Villarato!

Marcelo, Higuain, Carvajal or Jese established at the time? Not at top level in the least.

And yh of course you don't need to worry. As long as Barca makes their own moves of course. I've seen too little from Halilović, Adama, Samper and Munir while Barca really did anything but kept disposing of their products. Montoya, Nolito, Deulofeu, Tello, Dos Santos, Cuenca, Fontas, Muniesa, Jeffren, Bojan... (with how many of those do Barca have buyback secured?) Only good/great player of "Busquets" caliber La Masia have produced in recent years was Thiago. The rest are quite average with a chance to become good. Which is why I reckon it's easier to be worried about RM's transfer moves if you're a Cule.

PhilS

All kidding aside, Morten, I am impressed with Real Madrid's pre-season form. Benitez the team destoryer my butt, he has done well so far. You guys really have a lot of depth, unlike ours, your bench are much better and you really have a more balanced team. Definitely top three along with us and Bayern this season.

RM looked fantastic in the pre-season last year, too.

I would certainly not trade Barca's bench for the RM bench. Barca has quite superior depth at midfield, CB and goal. I still hope Sandra will provide all the depth needed at forward, and that Barca does not get exposed in the first half at FB when Alves or Alba can't play.

Trickykid

RM were pretty bad against AC Milan tbh, and should've by all accounts lost that match in regular time. And, risking the wrath of our resident Mexes loverboy, Milan doesn't exactly look like a squad to fear.

But yeah, they looked great against Inter on the other hand. You can't possibly make any reasonable verdict on Rafa this early, though.

Anyhow, I also don't agree that their bench is that much better than ours - especially not after New Year. If we somehow manage to stay close to RM up until that point, with a harrowing match schedule and without our new signings, we should be favorites to clinch another La Liga.

Home of Barca Fans