Ronald Koeman

Horatio

You're welcome
Koeman: "Barça's problem is that Xavi is out, Messi is out, I am out… It's important to respect the legends of the club. Barça have not been at the top to compete in recent years."

So he's comparing the leaving of Messi and even Xavi with himself, who lead the club to the 9th place of LaLiga? What a pathetic grumpy man he became consumed by hate, because he values his coaching skills way higher than they actually are.
He’s naming legends. He is one. What are you on?

companyofcules

Bigger legend than Xavi :ROFLMAO:
He owns the first UCL and was a cornerstone of the dream team who put Barcelona on the map again. He did it himself, not tiki-taka, not Stoichkov, not Laudrup, not Salinas, not Bakero, not Guardiola.
I don't expect Ronaldinho era plastics to understand what Koeman means to Barcelona, but he was the most prolific defender in football history and a stone wall.

Xavi is nowhere near the top 5 midfielders of all time, Koeman if he played for Milan would have been the GOAT, no questions asked.

Loki

He’s naming legends. He is one. What are you on?
First of all, who calls themselves a legend? It's on the same level as putting up statues of yourself. Utterly pathetic.
Secondly, does the name "legend" protect you from being fired after bad work? Why does he connect these two things?
Third, what has Messi's departure to do with his? Why does he even mention it? Yes, Messi's departure was unworthy. Koeman's departure was a normal action after leading the club to the worst placement in decades.

Windhook

Koeman is a club legend, beyond a doubt. But he's not a great manager. He arrived at the club with some 20-year experience of mediocre CV.

Him being sacked for managing a sinking ship post-Messi was the reason. If he did a great job when October 2021 came around nobody would dare start throwing Xavi's name as his replacement. Remember Laporta himself wasn't fond of Xavi during his campaign and the months prior.

As for Xavi, he got axed for waving the white flag publicly for the season 2024/25. Unacceptable talk for ambitious club like Barca. Before that Xavi was begged for months not to resign.

Getting sacked is part of the business. Regardless whether it's a club legend or German outsider. It has nothing to do with disrespect to legends and icons, I find this comment of Koeman bitter, also personal on Laporta. Koeman himself treated Luis Suarez in the same fashion.

companyofcules

1000044183.jpg
How many Barcelona legends lead at anything with such brutality?
Club level :
Koeman goals per game 0.347
Ramos goals per game 0.141
Giroud goals per game 0.409
Xavi goals per game 0.119
Andreea Belotti goals per game 0.350
The issues was not him getting sacked, but the club, media and plastics axing him for Laporta crushing his team.
I would defend Xavi if the situation was similar, but he was part of the axing and had 10 times the money at his disposal.
What goes around comes around.

Home of Barca Fans