Ronald Koeman

FinBarcelonafan

According to ESPN?s @moillorens FC Barcelona have considered Belgium boss, Roberto Martinez, as a possible replacement for Ronald Koeman. Per the same report, the Spanish manager has a contract with Belgium till the 2022 World Cup, but could leave if a top club comes calling.

Former Everyton and Wigan manager.

Stunning.

Why we keep going for mediocre coaches???

Givenchy

Xavi, Conte or keep Koeman til end of season

Remember when people said "Any manager would be an improvement over Valverde"? well, along came Setien.. that's all I'm gonna say.

delancey

Not Conte! I?d prefer a season without any titles over one of defensive minded football. My gosh! We may as well hire Mourinho then! If anything, Take a chance on Xavi, that is, if he dares to accept the challenge. The A-team should be consistent with how la Masia plays, for me.
Decisions now should be long-term in nature.

Last edited:

Birdy

OMG, I changed my mind:
let's not appoint Conte, cauz we will have to deal every day here with people that do not understand a bit of football

"Conte plays defensive-minded football"
LOL
I am sure you haven't watched Chelsea 2017 or Inter last season or Juve back in the day
No, if you play with 3atb you do not necessarily play defensive-minded football

delancey

OMG, I changed my mind:
let's not appoint Conte, cauz we will have to deal every day here with people that do not understand a bit of football

LOL
I am sure you haven't watched Chelsea 2017 or Inter last season or Juve back in the day
Laporta likes beautiful football. 4-3-3. So do I! Doubt he would appoint him as manager based on that criteria alone.

Birdy

Laporta likes beautiful football. 4-3-3. So do I! Doubt he would appoint him as manager based on that criteria alone.

4-3-3 is a formation mate,

it says shite about football

Valverde was playing 4-3-3 for 2 years. Beautiful football, huh?

El Guaje

Barca attempted 54 crosses! WTF? We are Barca and not Cardif City! This Clown has to go NOW!

Not to defend him but what the hell is he supposed to do? We have 0 players that can make shit happen regularly, we have no creators in midfield or attack, our attackers except for Memphis are so dogshit that Coutinho once again gets stuck on the wing, we have no wingers, we still play past it bums like Bob and Busquets, they scored early and went on to defend their country-mode as if their lives depended on it, clogged the middle so we couldnt do shit there so crosses was the only thing left to do.

Morten

OMG, I changed my mind:

LOL

That said, he is going to throw a tantrum whenever Barcelona cant afford one of his targets, Conte is NOT a coach for a transition.

Birdy

The other day (vs Bayern) the argument was that "Barca cannot go out to defend in a game" it's better to concede 10 if you make sure you attack

Now, the argument "we are not stoke city to cross"

These purists uttering those complaints would have preferred ball circulation vs the well-parked bus of Granada without shots or attempts? Because that was clearly the OTHER ALTERNATIVE last night

No, they wouldn't.
In that case, they would come up with another line: "Barca cannot play like that and have 0 chances against Granada"

From there you see where the problem lies.
In their heads
They are clueless about football, they don't understand how long it takes to build teams,
they are spoiled and entitled people who would only be satisfied if Pep's Barca reincarnates again

Birdy

That said, he is going to throw a tantrum whenever Barcelona cant afford one of his targets, Conte is NOT a coach for a transition.

That's why I doubt he comes under these conditions.
Not a coach for the future for sure
But a good option if you want Short-term success. And it seems that's what many want atm

El Guaje

Not Conte! I?d prefer a season without any titles over one of defensive minded football. My gosh! We may as well hire Mourinho then! If anything, Take a chance on Xavi, that is, if he dares to accept the challenge. The A-team should be consistent with how la Masia plays, for me.
Decisions now should be long-term in nature.

We dont have the players to play that way any more. People need to realize and accept it.

delancey

4-3-3 is a formation mate,

it says shite about football

Valverde was playing 4-3-3 for 2 years. Beautiful football, huh?

Point is, Italian managers, including Conte, don?t mind parking the bus, and then quickly changing the formation once they regain possession in order to counter. Fans wouldn?t like it! Bayern Munich is a nice example of that. With that said, Conte is a serial winner, no doubt about it; I just don?t believe that we should be making drastic changes to our entire philosophy for possible short-term gains. Then what? Revert back to possession style football, and reintroduce tiki-taka?

Home of Barca Fans