Ronaldinho

Maria

Agreed. We need someone to show Messi all the clubs from Barcelona..last time Deco and Ronnie didn't had enough time because of Guardiola.

Meitux

Agreed. We need someone to show Messi all the clubs from Barcelona..last time Deco and Ronnie didn't had enough time because of Guardiola.
deco and ronaldinho left after 2007-2008 they didnt had the chance to prove their self with guardiola and win more titles :(

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
had to get the weeds out, we would not have won those titles if they had both stayed.
Makes you wonder how good Ronnie had been had he taken care of himself... but who knows, he might have lost his smile a lot earlier.

Still, you can't have a carefree coach and a partying president when you've got Brazilians in your teams. It was a disaster waiting to happen

Jadentheman

I'm starting to think it wasn't all of Ronaldinho's fault and it was more of the administration. I read somewhere that in 2007 they decide that Messi would be the future star and to neglect Ronaldinho. Is this true?

I also heard that the administration wanted the La MAsia guys to shine and be the cover of their club. They wanted Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi to be seen and not Ronaldinho, Deco, and Eto'o

Last edited:

Maria

I'm starting to think it wasn't all of Ronaldinho's fault and it was more of the administration. I read somewhere that in 2007 they decide that Messi would be the future star and to neglect Ronaldinho. Is this true?

Neglect as in let him drink all night and then postpone the training so he could make it?

And please don't put Eto'o and Ronaldinho on the same bag..Samu tried to tell the truth at some point about what was happening on that locker room, but the press(especially MD) was too busy trying to get rid of Laporta and Rijkaard. And if you look at what happend after 2008 with those 2 players you realize who was right.

I also heard that the administration wanted the La MAsia guys to shine and be the cover of their club. They wanted Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi to be seen and not Ronaldinho, Deco, and Eto'o

We also replaced Toure with Busi, Marquez with Pique, Abidal with Alba..though Pep bought Alexis to replace Bojan, but that doesn't count as he hate the kid. You think that we can say that our club is racist?

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Probably his best season for the club... but the hype had already become too big

I read somewhere that in 2007 they decide that Messi would be the future star and to neglect Ronaldinho. Is this true?

1. Yeah, supposedly they wanted Messi to be the new star when Ronaldinho was gone (but I thought that was in 2008?)
2. They wanted to get rid of the troublemakers and replace them with people with calmer persons who wouldn't disrupt the club. This way the core of the team would be stronger, I guess. According to what was written at the time Ronaldinho was the worst culprit as he couldn't handle all the success. He partied, had his head in the wrong place and didn't train, and with his smile and his fitness his form dropped radically. He still showed flashes of genius, but they were very far between. Deco didn't decline as badly, but he was also a disruptive influence due to his partying. The main trouble with Eto'o was his relationship to Ronnie... I don't really blame him tbf, even if it hurt the club.

Deco was my idol, I modeled the way I played after him, but his mind was in a diff place after his 2nd CL win... i still watch him in brasil

Ronaldinho amazed me more and I worshiped him more, but Deco was a close second. He was a midfielder of a type I'd never seen before, and he bossed the midfield with perfect control. He worked hard too:wub:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
ronaldinhopic.jpg

Home of Barca Fans