Ronaldinho

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
yea yea yea, i dont see them getting to the final this year.. they just seem to beatable, even milan was a little unlucky to have lost that 1st leg match.. ya know?

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
You might be a Barca fan but obviously a Rooney fan that much is clear otherwise your claim that Rooney is a much more effective player than Ronaldinho is so controversial along with your other previous statement ie Kaka et al are elite players but not Ronnie? Seriously!!!! A Golden foot awardee and a recent Best Player of the Decade is not considered elite? Where is Kaka now in Real Madrid? Don't get me started with Cristina... Rooney has just improved his play a notch higher this season but got a LOT to prove, in short he is still nothing (no meaningful individual award to confirm his status), well Ibra is Ibra...? ; Ok Messi, Iniesta, & Xavi... but still Ronnie is cut above them imo. "Ronnie not winning games" uh oh... are you watching Seria A?

Regarding Ronnie's chances in WC this summer, my analysis is... Dunga is just motivating Ronnie to work extra hard bec. Brazil will benefit greatly from it. Dunga will not have the guts to left out Ronnie in such a critical situation (their 5x WC record at stake)! If you recall, Dunga was playing Ronnie in the WC qualifiers during which times Brazil needed help in 2008. Brazil trailing Argentina then... so Ronnie did help Brazil to get back to winning... and then Brazil indeed went back to winning ways so there is no incentive to play Ronnie the rest of the qualifying. Also, there is no need for Ronnie to be in the upcoming Ireland friendly either... what for? Do you honestly believe that all the players that get to be called in that friendly will be playing at the WC? Thing is, Dunga does not want his opponents to analyze his WC tactics well in advance. So he is keeping his opponents guessing, which is a good strategy if you ask me, think Sun Tzu's Art of War...

We'll see how the Man U vs Milan 2nd leg pans out, shall we?

Im sorry but past achievments dont have any relevance on now, He isnt the player he was when he won the awards, and i you think he is then your deluded, he starting to lookca little bit more like that player, but he will never rediscover that form in my opinion,

A cut above MESSI AND XAVIESTA? that is ridiculous, they are three of the best players in the world, Ronnie isnt anymore, you are clearly a fan of his and thats fair enough, but what exactly has he achieved and showed to suggest that he is a "cut above" them? nothing, Sorry but your well off the mark there,

Iv watched a few matches, The inter game he was absoloutly woeful, but im not a huge fan of Italian football so fair enough if hes been playing well,

he might play in the friendly? did i ever dispute that he wouldnt? i said that i dont think that he will be at the WC, which i dont, i would rather have diego, elano etc than take a chance on Ronnie, But the point is he seems to have fallen out of favour withh Dunga, And he was extremly patient with him aswell when he was in his slump, so why drop him now if he is now starting to recover his form? Ronnies time in the national squad is done IMO..

MJ BarcaFan

Im sorry but past achievments dont have any relevance on now, He isnt the player he was when he won the awards, and i you think he is then your deluded, he starting to lookca little bit more like that player, but he will never rediscover that form in my opinion,

A cut above MESSI AND XAVIESTA? that is ridiculous, they are three of the best players in the world, Ronnie isnt anymore, you are clearly a fan of his and thats fair enough, but what exactly has he achieved and showed to suggest that he is a "cut above" them? nothing, Sorry but your well off the mark there,

Iv watched a few matches, The inter game he was absoloutly woeful, but im not a huge fan of Italian football so fair enough if hes been playing well,

he might play in the friendly? did i ever dispute that he wouldnt? i said that i dont think that he will be at the WC, which i dont, i would rather have diego, elano etc than take a chance on Ronnie, But the point is he seems to have fallen out of favour withh Dunga, And he was extremly patient with him aswell when he was in his slump, so why drop him now if he is now starting to recover his form? Ronnies time in the national squad is done IMO..

Well, Rooney performed badly in their loss to Everton yesterday, not even a single goal in that match for a so-called striker who you think is effective... now is that an elite player??

And, you purposely reviewed the Inter-Milan derby match wherein Milan did not
perform well (bec. of Inter's antic of soaking pressure/counter-attacking resulting to no space available for an attacking team like Milan) you as a Barca fan, of all people, should know that... what about the games where Ronnie did a hat trick and another best performance where he did all the 3 assists for the 3 goals of Milan, not to mention his recent well-acclaimed CL performance? May I remind you that Ronnie is the top scorer for Milan to date and he is not even a pure striker!!!! And Ronnie top in assists in all of Seria- A this term... Dude, open your eyes and listen to reason! Don't be blinded by your own biased views. After all facts speak for itself.

I will not even dispute your views on the WC chances bec. I know that you are riding in a bandwagon.

I rest my case...

beef-supreme

Rooney is better than Ronaldinho at this moment but imo Ronaldinho was the MoM in the Milan-United tie. The only problem for him was that he played on a team with a pathetic defensive performance. Ronaldinho's WC hopes will be compromised precisely because he plays for Milan. Milan's season is over - no chance in the league, and a miniscule chance in the CL. They have to overcome 3 away goals. If united score, the match is over.
However, I still think that Ronaldinho has a chance of making it, if only because he is a big name and a big-game player, he has done well at the WC before and it is not impossible for him to do well again.
Rooney is certainly on better form than Ronaldinho is now because he is the star of a top team. Ronaldinho is an influential player in a struggling team.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Well, Rooney performed badly in their loss to Everton yesterday, not even a single goal in that match for a so-called striker who you think is effective... now is that an elite player??

And, you purposely reviewed the Inter-Milan derby match wherein Milan did not
perform well (bec. of Inter's antic of soaking pressure/counter-attacking resulting to no space available for an attacking team like Milan) you as a Barca fan, of all people, should know that... what about the games where Ronnie did a hat trick and another best performance where he did all the 3 assists for the 3 goals of Milan, not to mention his recent well-acclaimed CL performance? May I remind you that Ronnie is the top scorer for Milan to date and he is not even a pure striker!!!! And Ronnie top in assists in all of Seria- A this term... Dude, open your eyes and listen to reason! Don't be blinded by your own biased views. After all facts speak for itself.

I will not even dispute your views on the WC chances bec. I know that you are riding in a bandwagon.

I rest my case...

Hahahah, No player in the world can consistantly perform well in every game, so your everton game point is ridiculous. Messi never scored this weekend, Does that make him Inneffective? No

I just said i dont watch Italian games but i watched the Milan derby, where he had Milans best chances, and Squandered them, And me, as a barca fan, is concentrating on the current barca squad, not previous squad members, so why should i know every detail of Ronnies season?

Rooney is the top goal scorer in a Stronger league, of not just his club, and not just that league, the WHOLE of europe, as a striker that CANNOT be topped.

Dont get me wrong im a huge admirer of Ronnie, but im not dillusional with his form, He isnt in the top group of players whether you choose to ignore it or not, I do not have biased views btw, as i dont support United or Milan, so how do u get these biased views? if anything being a barca fan, and ronnie being a Cule legend, i should be more inclined to support him. So no, no biased views here..:S

I am simply saying the truth, there are better players now, his time at the pinnacle of the game has past, Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney, Xaviesta, Torres, Villa, Ibra are all players which are more desirable...sorry but thats my opinion

B

beautifulgame

Saying your not biased and then saying Ibra and Torres are on better form at the moment isn't very consistent.
Furthermore if Milan had a defense that wasn't such a joke and a fairly clinical forward line Ronaldinho could easily have 20 or 25 assists by now. He was poor against Inter, and a couple other games but for the most part he is Milan's offense nowadays.

I would dare say they'd would be close to mid-table without him.

I would dare say Manchester United would have a 3-0 aggregate right now if it wasn't for him.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Saying your not biased and then saying Ibra and Torres are on better form at the moment isn't very consistent.
Furthermore if Milan had a defense that wasn't such a joke and a fairly clinical forward line Ronaldinho could easily have 20 or 25 assists by now. He was poor against Inter, and a couple other games but for the most part he is Milan's offense nowadays.

I would dare say they'd would be close to mid-table without him.

I would dare say Manchester United would have a 3-0 aggregate right now if it wasn't for him.

I never said they were better on current form, i said they were more desirable, and in world football, they are, Barca went out and bought Ibra, and torres is widely regarded as one of th best strikers in the world when he plays, and i dont see how that makes me biased anyway? But in football, you will find far more teams who would want Ibra and Torres in their team rather than dinho,

So your sayin if ronaldinho played for a different team? lol, Your probably right, he would be more closely considered if he was in a succesful team, but he isnt

I dont want to sound like i dont like dinho, i do

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Now that you mentioned his assist.. I just looked into Serie A stats and an interesting and surprising thing... Ronaldinho has 12 assists in Serie A which makes him top of the list.
Next, combined with his 9 goals he is also leading the overall chart (goals + assists) in Serie A.
Impressive!

B

beautifulgame

Now that you mentioned his assist.. I just looked into Serie A stats and an interesting and surprising thing... Ronaldinho has 12 assists in Serie A which makes him top of the list.
Next, combined with his 9 goals he is also leading the overall chart (goals + assists) in Serie A.
Impressive!

The really interesting bit is that he could have at least double that number of assists if Milan had a front line that was a bit more clinical. Milan's strikers have been pathetic in term of finishing; ol' Ronnie puts it on a silver platter for Borrielo and young Pato and they can't get it right often enough.

He is carrying Milan but with that said he still doesn't run enough. :-/

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans