Ross Barkley

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I doubt he'll want to play for Moyes so man u fans are unlucky that their feeder club has a player who is practically the next Scholes and probably won't want to play under Moyes again!

I expect Barkley to move to Chelsea or Arsenal next season or in 2015. Man City are too stupid to buy him. Well Pellegrini and the Barca boys at the club will be. In fact I'll be shocked to see Man City go in for him.

Mourinho on the other hand will possibly see him as Lampard's replacement. Same with Wenger. Imagine Ozil, Barkley and Cazorla in the same midfield.

It will be interesting to see where he goes.

Jenks

I might be being naive, but he doesn't strike me as someone who will try to force his way out any time soon. He's a massive Everton fan with the date of his début tattooed on his arm, I think as long as the team are playing well and he's getting games then he'll probably stay for three or four years.

S7_MUFC

I doubt he'll want to play for Moyes so man u fans are unlucky that their feeder club has a player who is practically the next Scholes and probably won't want to play under Moyes again!

I expect Barkley to move to Chelsea or Arsenal next season or in 2015. Man City are too stupid to buy him. Well Pellegrini and the Barca boys at the club will be. In fact I'll be shocked to see Man City go in for him.

Mourinho on the other hand will possibly see him as Lampard's replacement. Same with Wenger. Imagine Ozil, Barkley and Cazorla in the same midfield.

It will be interesting to see where he goes.
I don't think things are that bad between him and Moyes..Yes he didn't get a lot of playing time but he was just 18 last season....Is there anything concrete to suggest he hates playing for Moyes?

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
If Martinez gets Everton to play the brand of football he wants, then the best thing for Barkley and England is that he stays there.

Alg1878

He's a special talent Ross. Considering Arsenal had a midfield of Arteta, Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshire and Ozil, Barkley was the best player on the pitch and ran the midfield in that game. If he keeps his feet on the ground (unlike many young English players) and keeps learning he will be World Class.

Jenks

He has a lot of potential but the hype machine is going way overboard. He did some nice things against Arsenal, but he also made loads of mistakes too.

Alg1878

He has a lot of potential but the hype machine is going way overboard. He did some nice things against Arsenal, but he also made loads of mistakes too.

I fully agree, being compared to Gazza, Zidane, Ballack etc is a bit much for a young kid just basically starting out. He does make a few bad decisions, similar to Deulofeu but you can see the potential he has and he will only learn from his mistakes. This is his first real run of games in the Premier League, coming up against some top midfielders and holding his own, even standing out, which is brilliant for a 19yr old, especially for someone who missed the better part of 1 1/2 years due to a double leg break at a crucial age (16) which stifled his development.

The sky is the limit for him but he must be mentally strong and have a will to become one of the best, something a lot of young English lads don't have.

Home of Barca Fans