Ross Barkley

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
How much will he end up being transfered for to one of the bigger name clubs in England? Probably to the tune of 30m plus.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
How much will he end up being transfered for to one of the bigger name clubs in England? Probably to the tune of 30m plus.

If Andy Carroll went for 42 million, how much would you expect Barkley to go for?...Certainly more

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
35+

If Andy Carroll went for 42 million, how much would you expect Barkley to go for?...Certainly more
Barkley is not a striker hence would not be as luminary as Carroll was... And then no club would be as foolish as Liverpool were, trying to sign a player for such a huge sum in the very last minute

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Barkley, IMO, will become the most expensive English transfer in Premiership history
How about if it happened within an year or two? Considering the need of a mid fielder in the clubs like Manchester United, it is not too far fetched either

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Obviously depends on how he continues to flourish under Roberto and if he stays healthy but my prediction was just that, what I expect to happen to the player...Because Everton cannot afford to hold onto him indefinitely, there are too many other big/rich clubs lurking who can offer him money the Toffees simply cannot

Of course, he's a local lad and still pretty young & impressionable and perhaps he will resist the temptations of a massive payday...But more often than not, these scenarios are fairly predictable in terms of how they play out in the end...For me, the most exciting English talent in the Premiership...Throw in that he's an attacking midfielder, a position that has been left wanting for Three Lions, and he's young & fearless...BIG money

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If he stays with Everton for some time, and of course develops as predicted, he would definitely beat Carroll's transfer fee by miles... that's for sure

Alg1878

How about if it happened within an year or two? Considering the need of a mid fielder in the clubs like Manchester United, it is not too far fetched either

I cant see him leaving us for another 3-4 years. He is flourishing under Martinez, who has put his full trust in him, we are playing excellent football and want to be challenging for the CL. Everyone including Ross can see the progress being made by the club this season and he's a integral part of that. If we can carry on and maybe add a couple more then we could hopefully move onto that next level, also he's a Everton fan who has his debut tattooed on his arm. Now after 3-4 years if no progress has been made then I expect he will leave but its not as simple as who will make a big bid.

Ross is a 'homebird' and its known that he doesn't want to move away from his family in the North West of England, which only leaves options to move to Man City or Man Utd. There's no way he will move to Man U whilst Moyes is in charge as he didn't trust Ross and sent him out on loan - this was after a game where Ross gave away a penalty and wasn't seen again until the following year. He apparently doesn't like Moyes and has no interest in following him to Man U. Also they are struggling at the moment with a lot of their better players coming to the end of their careers, when they will be left with a lot of average players and a few talented youngsters.

Alik

I cant see him leaving us for another 3-4 years. He is flourishing under Martinez, who has put his full trust in him, we are playing excellent football and want to be challenging for the CL. Everyone including Ross can see the progress being made by the club this season and he's a integral part of that. If we can carry on and maybe add a couple more then we could hopefully move onto that next level, also he's a Everton fan who has his debut tattooed on his arm. Now after 3-4 years if no progress has been made then I expect he will leave but its not as simple as who will make a big bid.

Ross is a 'homebird' and its known that he doesn't want to move away from his family in the North West of England, which only leaves options to move to Man City or Man Utd. There's no way he will move to Man U whilst Moyes is in charge as he didn't trust Ross and sent him out on loan - this was after a game where Ross gave away a penalty and wasn't seen again until the following year. He apparently doesn't like Moyes and has no interest in following him to Man U. Also they are struggling at the moment with a lot of their better players coming to the end of their careers, when they will be left with a lot of average players and a few talented youngsters.
You want to be challenging for CL, but if you don't make it? Do you still see him staying?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
His contract is through 2016...I can't imagine Everton can afford to keep him beyond that so it'll have to be next year, 2015 at the latest, to profit on his sale...They're looking for financing for a new stadium and can't really afford to dig deep enough to better the big offers that will surely come in

Alg1878

You want to be challenging for CL, but if you don't make it? Do you still see him staying?

Yes I do, as I say for the next 3-4 years and he is only 20 so there's no rush. After that if we still cant compete in the major competitions then he will move on I would imagine. When Rooney left at 18 we were in a totally different situation and he was surrounded by very poor players, he knew there was no chance of competing for anything in his immediate future and the transfer fee basically saved the club, but we are stable now, we don't need to sell and we are looking to progress. Also he would be crazy to move anywhere at the moment as all the top teams have lots of very good players and he wouldn't get much game time, which could lead to him not fulfilling his talent as he's at the stage where he needs regular competitive football to develop into the player we all hope. If he is going to move it should be when he has established himself as a top PL/international player so he will go straight into the starting line up of whoever he may sign for.

Alg1878

His contract is through 2016...I can't imagine Everton can afford to keep him beyond that so it'll have to be next year, 2015 at the latest, to profit on his sale...They're looking for financing for a new stadium and can't really afford to dig deep enough to better the big offers that will surely come in

He will be offered a new contract soon and will sign, which will take him through to about 2018/19 I would think. This doesn't guarantee his stay at Everton but it will ensure we get a substantial fee should he move.

Unbiased United

I'd love to see this kid at United. Taking away my selfish hopes as a United fan though, it would be great to see him be loyal to Everton and really flourish under Martinez.

I really enjoy watching him play and think he could be a top player.

Home of Barca Fans