Samuel Umtiti

gregorrin10

Umtiti is pretty good right now, but can become world class in our team, he's more than good enough for Barcelona. He is fast, strong, good in the air, great in tackles and interceptions (and can become even better with Mascherano's tutoring in that aspect), and also has the ability to play the ball from the back (which is exactly and practically everything Barca requires from a CB), plus he's good in one on ones (which suits our high pressing game) and most importantly, he is young, only 22 years old. About time we started looking more to the future with buying players under 25, not just 28 or even 30-year old's, which are only good for 2-3 years max.

He's a young Abidal, due to his playing style and positions he can play and the fact that he's coming from Lyon. Plus, he's got a lot of room for development left as well, given his potential and he might just turn out a steal for 25 or 30 mil when he proves his worth (kinda like Rakitič turned out a steal for 18 mil).

I say, just FU*** GET HIM already, please! Time for us to finally bring in a quality and real CB (not players who are good enough, but still have to be turned to that suit the position, or even worse, CBs, who just aren't good enough, not even for the occasional game, much less at being a regular starter) to patch up our defence a little, which hasn't been right ever since Abi and Puyol left! :blush:

Last edited:

Professor Chaos

Barcelona will try to finalize deal on Lyon centre back Samuel Umtiti (22) this week. Transfer fee could be around 30M. 5-year contract [md]

Just sign someone already!!
I'm sure there'll be no deal before 1st July or even 10th July if France get through the EURO final. But he's 90% done deal. Let's focus on striker and RB like Azpilicueta.

xXKonan

Barcelona will try to finalize deal on Lyon centre back Samuel Umtiti (22) this week. Transfer fee could be around 30M. 5-year contract [md]

Just sign someone already!!
The MD report pretty much corresponds to the le dauphine report. we have a personal agreement with Samuel and the deal could be at least 30-33 Million.

If nothing goes wrong here during this week or next it's pretty much a done deal it looks like.

Lomar1o

Allow me to clarify why I called it pathetic

You may think what you want but first and foremost I trust my gut feeling and my gut feeling is the same when as those times when we were singing Fabregas, Alexis Sanchez, Alex Song, Vermaelen, Ibrahimovic and a few others. Why do I get this feeling? Well, it may be due to the fact that I question his talent, I question his ability to fit in, I question his price, I question the way make transfers in general. We have no place for Cuadrados, Benatias and Umtitis, that's for sure. A young player who is playing great is Laporte. Umtiti is the same as Mangala, Zouma, etc. NOT good enough for Barca. But wait! there's more! I'm even against signing Marquinhos but at least he has a chance of making it at Barca. I just hope that if Umtiti fails (which he most probably will) our board will not force our coaches to play him so that they won't be embarrassed for making another idiotic transfer. I remember cursing those days when we played Fabregas when he absolutely shouldn't have played. I remember how people here wanted Cuadrado, Danilo, Benatia. Now it's the same for Umtiti. I'd rather have kept Bartra. and just what have you seen or heard about Umtiti that makes him such a prospect? youtube compilations? lyon games? yeah right. The mere fact that I hadn't heard of him before Barca showed interest is already alarming and that speaks for itself. I dont have anything against Umtiti but he's just not barca material. I'd pick Gimenez, Laporte, Marquinhos, Mustafi (not as young but still falls under the same category), Romagnoli, Stones over Umtiti and all of you would too, yet you somehow think that this is a good signing?!?! absolutely freaking not,especially for that price. I'd be slightly happier even with Sule or Rugani because at least I've heard about them, but this man?? no no and no! for the sake of Barca I hope he proves me wrong, I really hope, but I have a terrible feeling about this. So yeah basically my opinion is based on a gut feeling because even top or world class players find it difficult for Barca so you can't really judge by yesterday's experience as it won't matter tomorrow as he'll be a different player when playing for Barca. I hope I didn't sound aggressive or offending, it's just my personal opinion.

Jombi

So you have no arguments. You hadnt heard about him and you have just a "gut feeling", and based on that, it is "pathetic". This isnt a serious discussion, man.

Last edited:

gasgas

we can't trust the gut.
it can have a lot of issues:
gastroenteritis, crohn's disease, gastric cancer, peptic ulcers etc

can't trust the gut

Lomar1o

So you have no arguments. You hadnt heard about him and you have just a "gut feeling", and based on that, it is "pathetic". This isnt a serious discussion, man.

Gimenez, Laporte, Marquinhos, Mustafi, Romagnoli, Stones, Zouma in no particular order are all better and that is the only argument I need.

we can't trust the gut.
it can have a lot of issues:
gastroenteritis, crohn's disease, gastric cancer, peptic ulcers etc

can't trust the gut

can't trust youtube videos either xDD

laporte was a must buy, but oh well, lets pray umtiti will turn out to be a great defender for us.

gasgas

Gimenez, Laporte, Marquinhos, Mustafi, Romagnoli, Stones, Zouma in no particular order are all better and that is the only argument I need.

can't trust youtube videos either xDD

laporte was a must buy, but oh well, lets pray umtiti will turn out to be a great defender for us.

you worry too much.
he is a top 2 CB in Ligue 1
that kind of player is less likely to fail

xXKonan

Marquinhos would be impossible to buy alone due to the fact he plays for PSG.

Giménez, talented but I don't think he's good enough with the ball and he would be pricey as hell to buy.

Mustafi? would be cheap but it seems like the club isn't really interested in him at the moment.

Romagnoli signed with Milan a season ago and I don't think they are willing to let him go.

Stones? Great with the ball at his feet but would be expensive and I don't think he fancies a move outside the EPL.

Fernando Polo from MD, wrote a report on how Lucho (despite the likely bullshit article from Sport a week ago) seems to like Umtiti a lot and he's the reason why we are going after him. I think he will turn out to be a great buy for us.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He was actually the second highest rated defender in Ligue 1 last season by L'eqiupe

Will find the link once I get back home

I have horses in the game now but boy i

1) didn't think Umtiti would be the talk of the town and likeliest barça transfer
2) Lol at people demanding for him to be world class already. Y'all be clamoring for his head after a shaky september :lol: league is lost, can't drop more points etc.
3) think Umtiti will either sign with us asap, or after France's euro is ended. Don't see what Aulas has to gain going in between.
4) fuck it we should spend that 30m on poaching Aulas instead. Get rid of the useless socios, bring on a consortium of investors and let's play :lol:

Home of Barca Fans