Samuel Umtiti

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Although Umtiti is currently injured, he attended the Mundo Deportivo gala and discussed his club and international teammate's turnaround."He's a very good player and gives us a lot of quality, he's f***ing playing right now," Umtiti said, before apologising for his language."He's a star and is going to help us try to win the league, Champions League and Copa del Rey."

In terms of his own fitness, he isn't sure when he will make his comeback from a knee problem."I feel good and I'm focused on my recovery but I hope to return soon, although only God knows when that will happen," he revealed.

Damn this just doesn't look good. entering February and he still doesn't know when he will be fit.

Arizona Scott

Damn this just doesn't look good. entering February and he still doesn't know when he will be fit.

He was talking about Dembele and here is the link https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2019/01/29/5c502276468aeb71668b46a6.html

...In terms of his own fitness, he isn't sure when he will make his comeback from a knee problem.
"I feel good and I'm focused on my recovery but I hope to return soon, although only God knows when that will happen," he revealed....

I think we all need to chill out on this. The fact he is on the bench and doing stuff out makes me hopeful for a this year and career return, and that Barca isn't rushing him and maybe wants to say wait until close the the quarterfinals unless you feel 100%. Doesn't have the look of a guy whose career is over.

Leo_Messi

It was good to see him on the stands yesterday night alongside Dembélé. Not much news about his return date but hopefully it won't take much longer. As decent/good as Lenglet has been he is no fit Umtiti.

Not only that, Piqué has basically played in every single game. Full minutes. He could do with a rest. Lenglet as well. Not sure if he will be ready within 3 weeks to face Lyon but he should aim to return for the return leg in mid March. Get a few games before the international break in late March and gain some match rhythm for the last 15 games of the season or so. Crunch time in other words.

Arizona Scott

It was good to see him on the stands yesterday night alongside Dembélé. Not much news about his return date but hopefully it won't take much longer. As decent/good as Lenglet has been he is no fit Umtiti.

Not only that, Piqué has basically played in every single game. Full minutes. He could do with a rest. Lenglet as well. Not sure if he will be ready within 3 weeks to face Lyon but he should aim to return for the return leg in mid March. Get a few games before the international break in late March and gain some match rhythm for the last 15 games of the season or so. Crunch time in other words.

Completely agree with how you see it. Murillo and Vermaelen are also decent enough (considering a 5 point gap, not great but not hair thin either) to sprinkle them in some league matches for Pique. Lenglet is young and benefits IMO more from experience than rest. I honestly don't think we need Umtiti for Lyon. The larger picture is having Pique, Lenglet and Umtiti in the best position for each for the CL quarters and later. That means rest for Pique, Lenglet getting more and more responsibility and experience, and Umtiti all the time and rehab until maybe 2 weeks before said CL quarters (and if we get an easy draw in the quarters we can be even more patient).

Raketa10

If we know, opponents (or worst case buyers) know. Sorry there is no reason to provide any external information that could hurt the clubs interests just to alleviate us fans anxiety.

Buyers would require medical exam so they would know for sure. There is nothing to hide here.

xXKonan

[tw]1092932182006554624[/tw]

Says Umtiti is not doing well and it will be impossible for him to play against Lyon. Seems like the Doctors advised him to get surgery and while Umtiti still doesn't want to do it, it's only a matter of time.

FinBarcelonafan

[tw]1092932182006554624[/tw]

Says Umtiti is not doing well and it will be impossible for him to play against Lyon. Seems like the Doctors advised him to get surgery and while Umtiti still doesn't want to do it, it's only a matter of time.

Wow, not looking good.

Alik

Thank God the club are sensible and have patience unlike some forum members
Peak Umtiti is worth waiting and investing in.

The two issues which aggravated his injury were playing in the world cup and immediately being thrown into the deep end against AM. First one was Umtiti's fault, the second Valverde's.
I still believe he can become the player he was but it will take a while. You can write this season off and maybe the beginning of next season too.

I can see a fully fit Umtiti in October this year.

Looks like you are wrong and the club is asking for surgery.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's a true shame and it sounds like he's having issues coping with the fact that he has to go through this surgery. Probably because of the nature of his injury and how bad it could be for his career.

But if conservative treatment is not doing anything he just gotta go through with this and hope for the best. Will probably be a lengthy recovery process.

Home of Barca Fans