Sergi Roberto

sabby

Yup, if we can get a solid RB this summer, we can rotate Raki with Roberto and Busi and whoever we get after selling Gomes.

BerkeleyBernie

https://streamable.com/bwt0c

Watching it again, looking at it from different perspectives, just love everything about this run. Sergi swivels his head several times before deciding to pass to Gomes. He's looking for Messi on the right, but Messi only joins the attack once Roberto reaches the half line. Smart play. Messi's late to the party, but a helluva grand entrance!

Ritchie

Sergi as a back up right back, midfield squad player is ideal.

La Masia is designed to stop pointless purchases like Alcacer, Digne, Douglas, Gomes, Arda, Mathieu etc - i.e. players who aren't first XI Barca quality and will struggle to adapt to Barca's style. La Masia talent like Munir, Grimaldo, Deulefeu, Roberto, Bartra, Rafinha can take those squad roles along with youth signings like Denis. That frees up more finances to sign more top players to improve the first XI.

Tommy Vercetti

I wonder who will we sign? I keep hearing Cancelo or Aurier.

I feel sorry for Sergi he's wasting his time having to play out of position but he will be remembered for his sacrifice, after all, many would've chosen to leave than waste a vital time in their career doing something like this.

Zinedinho

Yup, if we can get a solid RB this summer, we can rotate Raki with Roberto and Busi and whoever we get after selling Gomes.

I would sell Rakitic. It's probably our last chance to get some cash for him. Sergi Roberto would perfectly fit his mold. We need to sign a skillful midfielder to help us control the game again, and promote Aleñá. Each one of the remaining midfielders we have now, either could be sold, or must be sold.

Yashar1899

Roberto is a great great great SQUAD player for us and i love his personality and workrate,
but he can't be our STARTER if we want to be the best team in the world next season or seasons.

Last edited:

Richard.H

I actually think he could be a starter in a Rakitic 2015 type mid role: Covering the spaces left from an attacking fullback. I don't think Rakitic has the stamina anymore to be a covering mid.

mark1nhu

Amazing run, just love how he bleeds for our colors no matter the clock, the opposition or his position on the field.

I still think he doesn't have the qualities to be our main replacement for Busi, but I would be glad seeing him taking Rakitic spot. If Raki can be a starter, so do Roberto.

I think he can do great bombing the RW area just like he did when we scored 4 against Real (without Messi), something I just can't see Raki doing.

Devils

I definitely think he can become a starter for us in midfield. His progress has been immense over the last two season, he went from being a joke on this forum to becoming a starter in the Barca XI and delivering clutch performances against the biggest of opposition. Who's to say he won't improve even further?

Start him in midfield next season and let's drop his #20 shirt and give him #6.

BBZ8800

He can produce an insane individual magic from time to time like a few times this season.
But Barca's Cm will touch the ball 30 to 100 times per match.
In those regular actions, when we slowly build the game, he always seems like playing too safe.

Those things can slighty improve with playing time, but I see his midfield game as: too safe pass, too safe pass, nothing, too safe pass, a crazy run suddenly.
Instead of: a constant attacking pressure and some sort of risk in almost every action (Xavi or Busi style).

He is still an awesome squad player for a cdm, cm and a rb. But him as a starting cm, imo, we would lack a lot of classic Barca-midfield things over 90 minutes.

Imo, Raki, Arda and Rafinha are offering more in that midfield part in terms of constant threat, constant courage and creativity over 90 minutes.
But Bob offers more running and some random, isolated crazy solo runs like from yesterday.

Last edited:

xXKonan

C-MLpF8XoAALxy5.jpg

Home of Barca Fans