Sergi Roberto

P

PhilS

Barca sold him because his clause was just 25 M and Thiago wanted to leave.

And what convinced Thiago he should leave was the arrival of Cesc and how Tito chose to rotate last year.

Thiago is one of the best young talents in this sport, but he was right to leave. Whether or not Sergi is ever as good as Thiago, Sergi is completely the Barca style of midfielder. Seeing how much better Thiago was on the Spain U21 and U23 teams than he was with Barca convinced me that should try his luck elsewhere. I how the change of scenery is as good for him as it was for YaYa.

CatalinR10

And what convinced Thiago he should leave was the arrival of Cesc and how Tito chose to rotate last year.

Thiago is one of the best young talents in this sport, but he was right to leave. Whether or not Sergi is ever as good as Thiago, Sergi is completely the Barca style of midfielder. Seeing how much better Thiago was on the Spain U21 and U23 teams than he was with Barca convinced me that should try his luck elsewhere. I how the change of scenery is as good for him as it was for YaYa.

In my oppinion he left because Bayern is the new best team in the world and Barca is no more . Here at Barca who would have been his competition ? Xavi who is 33 and is going to rest more this season. Good luck to Thiago getting some minutes in Bayern where the competition is tougher than at Barca. I wouldnț t be surprised if Sergi Roberto gets more minutes than Thiago at Bayern.

Even if Sergi is not as good as Thiago at the moment , I feel that he is a better fit at Barca.

Stric

In my oppinion he left because Bayern is the new best team in the world and Barca is no more.

I think this is as far from the truth as it gets and I think this is why many people resent him now. He went there because of Pep and because he thinks he'll get more playing time there, not because they just won the CL. Seriously, who leaves Barcelona for a better club, at this time? Why would you leave a club where you get to play with Messi (and others) for another club? You leave to get playing time, that's all. There's nothing more to it.

CatalinR10

I think this is as far from the truth as it gets and I think this is why many people resent him now. He went there because of Pep and because he thinks he'll get more playing time there, not because they just won the CL. Seriously, who leaves Barcelona for a better club, at this time? Why would you leave a club where you get to play with Messi (and others) for another club? You leave to get playing time, that's all. There's nothing more to it.

Because with Messi and others, that other club beat us 7-0 overall ?

Again , imo is waaaay easier to get minutes in Barca's midfield rather than Bayern's.

Stric

Again , imo is waaaay easier to get minutes in Barca's midfield rather than Bayern's.

It should have been, but it wasn't, with Tito.

Anyways, if Pep wasn't the coach and Thiago got an offer from Bayern (which wouldn't have happened it Pep wasn't the coach, but for the sake of making a point), I strongly doubt he'd be so eager to join them.

Stric

I agree. It was made pretty clear that Tito didn't hold Thiago in very high esteem. Not as much as Pep or some other coach would. That alone is enough of a reason to want to leave.

ebc_99

No it is not and that is why Thiago left, do you think that Bayern have better midfield players than Barca? seriously? Bayern had a great season but that is all it was just like Inter a few years ago when people said Sneijder was the best midfielder in the world or Maicon was the best right back or Lucio was the best Defender. Lets see how Bayern can cope now that everyone knows how they play and are set up and how they are now the team to beat.

Thiago will do well at Bayern because it is a great club but he could have been great at Barca and had he waited just a few weeks then who knows maybe Tata would have had him in his 11.

P

PhilS

In my oppinion he left because Bayern is the new best team in the world and Barca is no more .

Your opinion on this comparison is quite trendy right now, and even all Barca fans agree BM deserved the trophy last year. However, you may recall that Messi and Busquets were hurt? Barca had and has superb backups at most positions, but at CF and DM the second string is a big step down. Messi and Busquets playing while injured are not all that good.

Right now, I think if you asked most managers which team they would select if they had the choice, the answer would be Barca. You can't even put a price on Messi. Neymar sold for the highest price of any player sold this year, and he still has to prove he is even the second best player on this team.

Stric

Neymar sold for the highest price of any player sold this year, and he still has to prove he is even the second best player on this team.

sunglasses_shock.gif

The Special One

In my oppinion he left because Bayern is the new best team in the world and Barca is no more .

Your opinion on this comparison is quite trendy right now, and even all Barca fans agree BM deserved the trophy last year. However, you may recall that Messi and Busquets were hurt? Barca had and has superb backups at most positions, but at CF and DM the second string is a big step down. Messi and Busquets playing while injured are not all that good.

Right now, I think if you asked most managers which team they would select if they had the choice, the answer would be Barca. You can't even put a price on Messi. Neymar sold for the highest price of any player sold this year, and he still has to prove he is even the second best player on this team.

Have you agree with ya there

Barca's success against counter attacking teams like bayern and RM depends heavily on the CB and DM being in their best forms. In the case of CL against bayern Pique, Mas, Sergio, were either injured or out of form as a result it was not a fair
game to call for a decline of Barca's dominance. However, if the board is stupid enough to not shell out money on at least one solid CB before the window closes it could be a major issue for us especially latter half of next season.

Home of Barca Fans