Sergi Roberto

Bobo32

at least he knows how to cross. had two crosses which could have been assists - for griezmann and ilaix.

dest is a non-factor in that department.

Roberto is superior to Dest both in these "crosses" or cut backs or how to call it, and in combinations and the regular passing game. He has the better vision and movement.

Dest tries to dribble a bit more, but often half heartedly. He is as much of a back passer as Roberto, but probably loses the ball more. Purely defensively I guess I'd prefer Dest, but should Barcelona pick yet another player based on defensive work, when they have three CBs and one DMC already? I'd play a more pure 1v1 player in that position if I played 3-5-1-1; maybe Dembele, Trincao, Konrad, or even Pedri.

JohnN

Roberto is superior to Dest both.

Stopped reading about there.
Seriously, dest has great potential and his subbing off made us really worse.
Bob, currently, has nothing on him, not defensively, not attacking wise, nothing at all.

malvolio

Bob, currently, has nothing on him, not defensively, not attacking wise, nothing at all.

They are both bench material for a club of our stature. Hopefully Emerson will be a hit here.

Bobo32

He had some nice actions in these last two games still, things Dest couldn't do (Dest can do other things).
I won't argue about who is superior overall or who has been the best of the two in these last games, as I didn't focus so much on them. But I noticed the nice actions from Roberto, and I noticed in the game chat some people being extremely quick to lay a lot of blame on Roberto.

Bobo32

They are both bench material for a club of our stature. Hopefully Emerson will be a hit here.

I agree on this, and Roberto is the best bench material you could dream of, as he is comfortable in multiple positions, homegrown, consistent and so on.

soul24rage

I agree on this, and Roberto is the best bench material you could dream of, as he is comfortable in multiple positions, homegrown, consistent and so on.

He has high wages for my liking. If he reduces his wages, then I have no problem with him staying as a squad player.

cro-man

Barcelona and Sergi Roberto are negotiating the renewal of the player's contract, which expires in June 2022, but the talks are not finding a starting point. The two sides can't seem to agree on the duration of a new contract. [md]

The new sports management of Bar?a have created a new formula according to which, players over 30 years old (Roberto is 29), must extend their contracts year by year, something that doesn't satisfy the right-back. [md]

Finally a board with common senses. Barto would have extended his contract with 5 years plus improved wages:lol: plus an option for the player to extend his contract for another two years if he wants to:lol:

Birdy

Roberto is superior to Dest both in these "crosses" or cut backs or how to call it, and in combinations and the regular passing game. He has the better vision and movement.

Dest tries to dribble a bit more, but often half heartedly. He is as much of a back passer as Roberto, but probably loses the ball more. Purely defensively I guess I'd prefer Dest, but should Barcelona pick yet another player based on defensive work, when they have three CBs and one DMC already? I'd play a more pure 1v1 player in that position if I played 3-5-1-1; maybe Dembele, Trincao, Konrad, or even Pedri.

Dude are you for real?

Dest is superior to Roberto in anything related to football.
Maybe Roberto can run faster 100m? I don't know, but that's about it.

Roberto has minimal intelligence on how to play an RB position, especially in the modern game. He is a back-pass merchant that hinders any progression of the movement.
Same for md. He can't play there for any Primera club.
He is a runner that learned how to play rondo in the Barca youth system.

Getting rid of him is the best club can do with him.
I don't give a flying fuck if he is Catalan. Oleguer was also Catalan. So what?
Barca is a football club, not a charity

Bobo32

Dude are you for real?

Dest is superior to Roberto in anything related to football.
Maybe Roberto can run faster 100m? I don't know, but that's about it.

Roberto has minimal intelligence on how to play an RB position, especially in the modern game. He is a back-pass merchant that hinders any progression of the movement.
Same for md. He can't play there for any Primera club.
He is a runner that learned how to play rondo in the Barca youth system.

Getting rid of him is the best club can do with him.
I don't give a flying fuck if he is Catalan. Oleguer was also Catalan. So what?
Barca is a football club, not a charity

A sprint is ironically pretty much the only thing I'd be pretty certain Dest would beat Roberto in.
They have a bit different styles and are of roughly similar quality

FinBarcelonafan

To me, Roberto would be the next generation of the Amigo club. Not really sure what he brings to the team other than depth. (which is of course needed here and there in the roster).

Not really sure why we should keep him unless lower wages and a reasonable term. I don't see many teams being interested in him anyway. (at least with his current wages, probably nobody else).

Bobo32

I will try to keep an extra eye on him today, in order to be able to agree/deny that he is a bad football player.

Home of Barca Fans