Sergi Roberto

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
2011-08-23_FIRMA_09.JPG

Finally, in its right place lol.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
:lol: bale ..........wtf there are soo many better not to mention cheaper options out there........i really pray thats not the plan

Trickykid

Any buy out clause in his new contract?

I could very well be wrong, but I seem to recall reading something about 10 mill. euros now and 20 if he's promoted to the first team squad. Again, not sure about the numbers, but I certainly read that there was a clause in the contract.

Edit: http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol_b/temporada11-12/08/24/n110824118901.html
The new contract's buyout clause will be 12 million Euros for Barça B Team, and 20 million Euros for the First Team.

Close enough :)

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
The club plan to promote B defenders Montoya (20) and Bartra (20) and midfielder Sergi Roberto (19) to the first team in future. [md]

Telling us what we basically knew but good news nevertheless :D

rmpcsl

Sorry guys I have a question about Sergi Roberto:
What is exactly his position on Barça B?
Is he similar to Iniesta? Cesc?
Will he get playing time next season in 1st team?
Is there a chance to happen a deal kinda like Oriol Romeu and loan him for 2 years?
I've seen Batra and Montoya playing before but never seen Sergi R.

P

PhilS

Sergi played a fair amount in preseason this year, I thought he looked really good, fit right into this team. He is a smooth, passing midfielder, handles the ball very well, cool under pressure, a real Barca type. He seems ready right now to start for a good 1st division team. I'd take him over JDS. But Barca now has Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc and Thiago for just two or three spots, plus Keita, so it's hard to see any room available for young midfielders coming up.

Trickykid

Sergi played a fair amount in preseason this year, I thought he looked really good, fit right into this team. He is a smooth, passing midfielder, handles the ball very well, cool under pressure, a real Barca type. He seems ready right now to start for a good 1st division team. I'd take him over JDS. But Barca now has Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc and Thiago for just two or three spots, plus Keita, so it's hard to see any room available for young midfielders coming up.

I could be completely wrong here, but I actually thought he was more of a box-to-box midfielder sort of like, say, Keita? From what I've seen of him, he doesn't strike me as the usual Barca midfielder type.

Home of Barca Fans