Sergiño Dest

Gnidrologist

He should be given a chance. In some of the xaviball days games he was almost world class. Great and fast defending, decent at linking up front. Don't know why that couldn't be developed into habit by good coaching.

Birdy

He has the best qualities as raw RB material: great technique, superb on 1v1 either defensively or offensively, great in covering ground and not leaving the RB spot exposed.

The rest will come after instruction and practice.

Started as not trusted by Xavi due to him not understanding positional game,
then he quickly proved much better than the old fuck Dani even in Xavi's eyes, and the coach himself admitted he had improved in positional football.
Then he became even better and was on top at the peak of Xaviball last spring, until his injury in the Galata game.

Now Azpli is coming to be the starting RB.
Wait a few months and you will see Dest benching him, as he did with Danni

vegitot

He has the best qualities as raw RB material: great technique, superb on 1v1 either defensively or offensively, great in covering ground and not leaving the RB spot exposed.

The rest will come after instruction and practice.

Started as not trusted by Xavi due to him not understanding positional game,
then he quickly proved much better than the old fuck Dani even in Xavi's eyes, and the coach himself admitted he had improved in positional football.
Then he became even better and was on top at the peak of Xaviball last spring, until his injury in the Galata game.

A kid can dribble past Dest, not gonna lie. He is below Semedo level. Just because he can bench a near 40 years old Alves, doesn't mean anything.

Richard.H

Uhhhh exactly how did Dest "bench" Alves? Both players fuked up a lot last season, not like one was clearly better than the other.

Porque

Dest is still just 21. Damn.

I mean, I'm not seeing much progress tactically or positionally but he is still so young. I don't know how much Xavi rates him (let's be honest, half the time Dest looks like he is thinking about whether to order Donuts or Bagels post game) but if Azpi comes we should consider loaning Dest for a season to grow.

Gnidrologist

Dest is soft. That is the problem. He looks like mentally he is not cut out for the highest level.
Yeah, that. The jokes about his face looking like one of potheads imo accurately portrays his mentality. He is very good occasionally, was a beast prior to his injuries, but seems like he is low energy and can lose form easily. Someone should inject some testosterone in him and hide the bong.

Birdy

Uhhhh exactly how did Dest "bench" Alves? Both players fuked up a lot last season, not like one was clearly better than the other.

Doing rotations doesn't mean there is no pecking order for a position.
After signing Dani to be a starter, Xavi saw improvement from Dest, and left Dani out of the Europa League list, where the important games were happening.
After the Valencia away game, where Dest shone, he was clearly no1 in the pecking order.
Even in the league games that Dani was supposed to start, he was pulling him off around 75-80 min to play Dest.

Sadly he got injured at the Galata away game, when he was on top form

About Azpli, same arguments are used here that were used in Dec. '21 for Alves.
"he knows positional game, how to play the position, is experienced" blah blah blah

I bet that the trajectory will be exactly the same: Xavi will first trust Azpli to be no1 for the position, and soon he will see 'more improvement' from Dest that will force him to reconsider

Joan

If Xavi actually rated Dest, he wouldn't be looking for starting RBs all the time.

I will be surprised big time if Dest turns out to be an answer.

MTL_Barca

Benching 60 year old Alves isn't exactly impressive.

Don't think Xavi will rely on Dest, would probably start Araujo ahead of him in an important game.

Would be great to have a good young starting RB but i just don't see Dest making it here.

Last edited:

feggydinho

Benching 60 year old Alves isn't exactly impressive.

Don't think Xavi will rely on Dest, would probably start Araujo ahead of him in an important game.

Would be great to have a good young starting RB but i just don't see Dest making it here.

Starting Araujo at rb kills our attacks from lw, and the left winger there would have to play two attacking roles up-front

Home of Barca Fans