Sergiño Dest

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi just simply doesn't rate Dest. Reportedly thinks he has issues understanding basic concepts aka he is stupid. He is just delaying the inevitable tbh.

If not now then in January or next Summer we'll bring in a starter at the RB position and he'll be toast anyway.

Andresito

Staff member
I think Dortmund would actually be a good place for Dest. Lower pressure and a club known for taking care of younger players.

feggydinho

Turned out to be worse than Semedo, and I feel Semedo was judged harshly after being manhandled by Alphonso Davies who in all fairness manhandles rb on a norm (Semedo had it worse as he didn't really get any support in the rw)

Zidane82

Turned out to be worse than Semedo, and I feel Semedo was judged harshly after being manhandled by Alphonso Davies who in all fairness manhandles rb on a norm (Semedo had it worse as he didn't really get any support in the rw)

You beat me to it .. I thought Samedo was decent , the best since Alves for sure

I actually thought Dest had potential but Xavi clearly does not

khaled_a_d

Semedo was god damn awful, if anything he was truly overrated before that Bayern game.
Truly a bum.

Dest is disappointing, but also worth remember that Xavi is hellbent on using fullbacks from same way we played under Rijkaard in 2006. 2 converted, 1 is defensive and other is offensive who can move to the middle.

Dest isn't either of those, he is caught badly in the change of coaching.
Otherwise I think he could have developed into decent back up for both fullback positions

Jadentheman

I worry because he won’t be sharp for the World Cup. Can he not get a loan somewhere? United want him and I hope someone convinces him to transfer within the next 3 days to United

JamDav1982

This was same argument all the usual worthies used to make when they loved Semedo and thought everyone else made it difficult for him.

Yet when Sergi Roberto played RB in same system was light years ahead of Semedo particularly in final third and build up and up there on decent assists etc. So that idea never had any reality.

The guy had no clue in final third or in build up and despite folk trying to make out he was good defensively his positioning was poor and his pace to defend 1 on 1 was about all he had.

Minor miracle got fee did for him.

gregorrin10

Swap for Dalot, he seems to be more of a profile Xavi is looking for. But I'm pretty indifferent about the whole thing. Honestly wouldn't mind someone even on loan at this point, if it means he's a significant upgrade over the likes of Roberto and Dest.

We'll go out and buy a proper RB (after some serious scouting) next summer anyway, since we won't have to worry about getting so many different positions reinforced, so we'll have more time to focus on the ones we do need.
RB, LB, CDM.

feggydinho

This was same argument all the usual worthies used to make when they loved Semedo and thought everyone else made it difficult for him.

Yet when Sergi Roberto played RB in same system was light years ahead of Semedo particularly in final third and build up and up there on decent assists etc. So that idea never had any reality.

The guy had no clue in final third or in build up and despite folk trying to make out he was good defensively his positioning was poor and his pace to defend 1 on 1 was about all he had.

Minor miracle got fee did for him.

His positioning would always be poor cause he overlaps as a wingback without getting support and it's not as if he's asked only to defend, watch how our wingers support the wingbacks now and it's night and day to what we had before. I bet that even Kyle Walker or Cancelo would've been caught out of position multiple times in the setup we had back then.

Home of Barca Fans