Sergiño Dest

xXKonan

He still can. Just not at these top teams. He's not ready.
Don't know man, He has potential but he's being held back big time in the Football IQ department. Xavi tried drilling stuff into his head but he couldn't grasp it and at Milan, it was the same issue under Pioli He just cannot grasp what they're trying to teach him.

Maybe down the line he'll improve and figure it out but a move to Union Berlin is probably about right for his level right now. The good news for him is there's no one touching him for that Number 1 RB spot in the National team. Guys like Cannon, Reynolds, Yedlin, Scally etc aren't good enough to take advantage of his situation.

JamDav1982

He will barely get a game for Union Berlin and just an extra number for CL probably.

Awful player. Has nothing to be a top RB.

vuji_31

Union Berlin is not a top club, they are currently luckiest club in the world, next season they will not be in the top 10 in Germany.

Dest is 10mil player, he can be decent for team like Lazio, Unio Berlin or some club that is playing EL.

He was cheap, so we don't care, we didn't lose much on him considering wages and transfer fee.

jamrock

Just read back the first 3 pages it this trend, because when I clicked it brought me to page 1.

The resident Barcelona scouts really got this one wrong. Lol

Hopefully ajax will take him back.

soul24rage

Technically ability wise, he was good enough.

Tactically and mentally, he didn't have it, which is a shame as I think he could have been a decent RB at the club.

Gnidrologist

We haven't had a quality coach for a long time now tho. Everybody tend to suck and even stars and young talents are more too often underwhelming.

khaled_a_d

We haven't had a quality coach for a long time now tho. Everybody tend to suck and even stars and young talents are more too often underwhelming.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the only defenders who sucked under Xavi where the ones who doesn't have legs anymore (Alonso, Pique) along Garcia and Dest. Even Alonso (as 3rd CB at times) and Pique (in Xavi first half season) looked good at times.
Dest even completely failed in Milan and Garcia lost his spot in Spain.

I am not fan of Xavi, but I think this one is on Dest. Seems to lack mental strength to handle big clubs at such young age

Porque

Dest may still turn good.

It's obvious to me that he needs a move to the level below, get games and work on his deficiencies which at the highest level are plentiful.

jamrock

The big reason was ability, he simply cannot defend at the highest level.

A broken untimi got back to starting in Serie A & he couldn't get any minutes.

He's a USA level player, which is to say not good enough for the very highest level

Home of Barca Fans