Sergio Agüero

Pepe Silvia

This is the finest goal I've seen from Aguero, and while it is an absolute gem it is not at the same level as the Suarez volley for my money.
aguero-goal-against-liverpool.gif

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Both great players but it's ridiculous how people still consider this to be debatable.

Aguero: runs like a bull, but with head down and into pressure. Not a creative dribbler and very frustrating/makes things difficult.
Suarez: slippery as fuck to contain while dribbling. Capable of pulling out megs, cuts, bursts of pace, etc. at a moments notice.

Aguero: tough, bullet-like shot that's often accurate at getting into the corners when he has space to pull the trigger.
Suarez: wicked cannon that can manifest regular golazos. His freekicks have brilliant curve and power, his long range strikes are often unstoppable, even his headers are somehow extremely strong. Plus, he can do it under more difficult situations (like the longball->first touch with chest->finish)

Aguero: creativity is meh, doesn't have vision and doesn't produce moments for others. He has the capacity to assist but assisting isn't creating.
Suarez: dynamic and brilliant creativity much like Messi does for his teammates in buildup (not same level though). Has that subconscious and instinctive sense of brilliance (like Messi, Ronaldinho, Iniesta, etc.) whereas Aguero just does what he knows and is a more trial-error-refine/repeat type of player.

Suarez is just a superior overall footballer, plain and simple. It's like even though Messi/Ronaldo put up similar goal numbers year to year, Messi whoops him in multiple facets of play. Suarez has been brilliant for a few seasons now and can continue even further, he doesn't have the merit of some of the most elite players but he does not lack in ability.

L

linetty

Both great players but it's ridiculous how people still consider this to be debatable.

Aguero: runs like a bull, but with head down and into pressure. Not a creative dribbler and very frustrating/makes things difficult.
Suarez: slippery as fuck to contain while dribbling. Capable of pulling out megs, cuts, bursts of pace, etc. at a moments notice.

Aguero: tough, bullet-like shot that's often accurate at getting into the corners when he has space to pull the trigger.
Suarez: wicked cannon that can manifest regular golazos. His freekicks have brilliant curve and power, his long range strikes are often unstoppable, even his headers are somehow extremely strong. Plus, he can do it under more difficult situations (like the longball->first touch with chest->finish)

Aguero: creativity is meh, doesn't have vision and doesn't produce moments for others. He has the capacity to assist but assisting isn't creating.
Suarez: dynamic and brilliant creativity much like Messi does for his teammates in buildup (not same level though). Has that subconscious and instinctive sense of brilliance (like Messi, Ronaldinho, Iniesta, etc.) whereas Aguero just does what he knows and is a more trial-error-refine/repeat type of player.

Suarez is just a superior overall footballer, plain and simple. It's like even though Messi/Ronaldo put up similar goal numbers year to year, Messi whoops him in multiple facets of play. Suarez has been brilliant for a few seasons now and can continue even further, he doesn't have the merit of some of the most elite players but he does not lack in ability.
/thread

Those who claim Aguero is better than Suarez must be blind.

F

Flavia

I think suarez is a great example of how being a jerk affects people's perception.

oggydude

Aguero however scores on big nights, yes he was terrible against Barca but he wasn't even fit, Suarez will hopefully not prove me wrong this Sunday as I'm a non biased United fan but Aguero usually puts his best performances against the best and thrives when put under pressure. I still think of Suarez as a time bomb, he may score a hat trick this sunday but may also get a 10 game ban.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Never understood why some people bring in other things when discussing footballing ability.

Home of Barca Fans