Sergio Aguero

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Tier 1 - Messi, Ronaldo

Tier 2 - Iniesta, Suarez, Vidal, Ribery, Lahm, Gundogen, Toure, Aguero, Neuer, Cavani, Gotze, Hazard, Ibra, Busquets, Xavi, Kompany, Thiago Silva (that is in no order btw)

The rest

zanela

Both great players but it's ridiculous how people still consider this to be debatable.

Aguero: runs like a bull, but with head down and into pressure. Not a creative dribbler and very frustrating/makes things difficult.
Suarez: slippery as fuck to contain while dribbling. Capable of pulling out megs, cuts, bursts of pace, etc. at a moments notice.

Aguero: tough, bullet-like shot that's often accurate at getting into the corners when he has space to pull the trigger.
Suarez: wicked cannon that can manifest regular golazos. His freekicks have brilliant curve and power, his long range strikes are often unstoppable, even his headers are somehow extremely strong. Plus, he can do it under more difficult situations (like the longball->first touch with chest->finish)

Aguero: creativity is meh, doesn't have vision and doesn't produce moments for others. He has the capacity to assist but assisting isn't creating.
Suarez: dynamic and brilliant creativity much like Messi does for his teammates in buildup (not same level though). Has that subconscious and instinctive sense of brilliance (like Messi, Ronaldinho, Iniesta, etc.) whereas Aguero just does what he knows and is a more trial-error-refine/repeat type of player.

Suarez is just a superior overall footballer, plain and simple. It's like even though Messi/Ronaldo put up similar goal numbers year to year, Messi whoops him in multiple facets of play. Suarez has been brilliant for a few seasons now and can continue even further, he doesn't have the merit of some of the most elite players but he does not lack in ability.

Concur with all.

I'm not even close to being a Suarez fan. But, I can acknowledge he's a notch above Agüero. He doesn't torment defenders, and dominate a game, like Suarez can. He has his flashes of brilliance, but his lack of consistency is frustrating. He isn't versatile either. He only operates best, as a striker. And I regulary follow him for both club and country.
Suarez's antics, and the overstated Messi-Agüero friendship seem to be shaping the opinion for some, in this debate.

Paganinisrvnge

Sadly, I don't consider Xavi in that 2nd tier anymore. He's probably not even a top 20 player in the world at this point when you factor in consistency. Every once in a while he has one of those truly world class performances but that's not enough.

In the grand scheme of things, I put Gotze ahead of Neymar just because he's performed in more important matches for longer. Neymar needs to finish this season well and contribute in the Champions League if he wants to be considered in that elite footballing class.

NeyMesSis

Sadly, I don't consider Xavi in that 2nd tier anymore. He's probably not even a top 20 player in the world at this point when you factor in consistency. Every once in a while he has one of those truly world class performances but that's not enough.

In the grand scheme of things, I put Gotze ahead of Neymar just because he's performed in more important matches for longer. Neymar needs to finish this season well and contribute in the Champions League if he wants to be considered in that elite footballing class.
lool

Paganinisrvnge

I'm sorry but for me, playing at a high level in a top European league for several years and performing in the Champions League is more of an accomplishment than scoring on part time footballers in the local state league for years, having half a good season in a European League, and winning one of the least important national team tournaments there are.

Starting now is where Neymar needs to show if he's really going to be a world class player(at least in 2014 as he's still young). The Clasico is coming up, quarterfinals of the Champions League against a probably tough opponent, and the world cup around the corner.

If he proves himself then I'll have no problem saying "Neymar is without a doubt a top 10 or even top 5 player in the world right now". But for now, he has much to prove.

Gotze has to prove himself, too as he's been a bit invisible in the Champions League for Bayern and needs to step it up for Germany.

Home of Barca Fans