Sergio Busquets

Catta

Club deserves every humiliation it gets, as long as they still play this walking corpse.

Not even mad anymore when we get spanked.

Zidane82

Been calling him a fraud for 7 years.
It makes me mad to realize I know more about football than the entire barca staff

Delusion
Is characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

"hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"

Normally based on or having faulty judgement; mistaken.

JamDav1982

He has been outdated at top level football for years and now slower and worse than ever.

Xavis biggest failing is his faith in Busi.

His defending and passing in the CL has been absolutely atrocious in every game.

He is a fraud that doesnt know how to defend as a DM and hides from ball in areas a DM should be looking to get on it.

Tarnished his legacy.

Temptation

Zidane82 and other Busquets fans,

How much do you think is because of Busquets and what are the problems being caused by Busquets currently? Are the others to blame or....? Give your Honest take on the situation.

JamDav1982

Zidane82 and other Busquets fans,

How much do you think is because of Busquets and what are the problems being caused by Busquets currently? Are the others to blame or....?

Zidane thinks Busi is great in games he doesnt even play in.

Tells you all need to know about how closely he watches.

Temptation

I can see why some managers are crazy about Busquets.

Some of the smooth turns he does in tight situations are insane and he possesses tremendous vision and executes tough passes breaking the lines very well. The only guys with penetrative passing in this squad are Busquets and Frenkie.

But off the ball, Busquets is such a liability. The guy is so painfully slow and always tries to intercept asap. He never backs off and maintains the defensive shape. Always way too attracted to the ball and does the most unnecessary tactical fouls because he's very easy to get past 1 on 1. His lack of intelligence to maintain the defensive shape has surprised me at times since he's known as a very cerebral Footballer.

The opponents have all the time to shoot on the edge of the box because of that. It's embarassing how much time they have at the edge of the box. Busquets shows zero connectivity with his Centre Backs and the defense and midfield of the team has such a huge gap off the ball.

Horatio

You're welcome
I can see why some managers are crazy about Busquets.

Some of the smooth turns he does in tight situations are insane and he possesses tremendous vision and executes tough passes breaking the lines very well. The only guys with penetrative passing in this squad are Busquets and Frenkie.

But off the ball, Busquets is such a liability. The guy is so painfully slow and always tries to intercept asap. He never backs off and maintains the defensive shape. Always way too attracted to the ball and does the most unnecessary tactical fouls because he's very easy to get past 1 on 1. His lack of intelligence to maintain the defensive shape has surprised me at times since he's known as a very cerebral Footballer.

The opponents have all the time to shoot on the edge of the box because of that. It's embarassing how much time they have at the edge of the box. Busquets shows zero connectivity with his Centre Backs and the defense and midfield of the team has such a huge gap off the ball.

Welcome to 5 years ago.

fergus90

The problem is, even those things you mentioned he's great at have become a rarity. He can barely get himself out of tight situations now and often plays a hospital pass because of it.

At his peak he worked wonderfully with Xavi, I don't actually think since Xavi retired he's reached the same level. Of course he was still a lot better than you're seeing today but still the Busquets of the early 10's was gone by 2017.

ajnotkeith

Busquets passing statistically has been worse than ever in this past year.

Struggling to hit 85% in many games now and often misses difficult passes.

We are in a situation where to be honest he pretty much adds nothing anymore and most decent DMs would be an upgrade over him.

Temptation

The problem is, even those things you mentioned he's great at have become a rarity. He can barely get himself out of tight situations now and often plays a hospital pass because of it.

At his peak he worked wonderfully with Xavi, I don't actually think since Xavi retired he's reached the same level. Of course he was still a lot better than you're seeing today but still the Busquets of the early 10's was gone by 2017.

He still has those glimpses of brilliance on the ball but yeah I'm noticing a decline in that too. Sometimes gives it away cheaply and the team is exposed to a dangerous counter attack.

What I still see him doing is pulling off some really tough passes(you know the passes you want them to play while watching a game on TV seeing the entire pitch in broadcast camera angle) which the youngsters around him can't (except Frenkie at times).

vuji_31

He is shit, you can't play devil advocat role on him.

I have never seen top CL team, have CDM that can't run, cover or tackle.

He would be good if he was playing with prime Kante and prime Vidal, 2 beasts that can run and tackle whole game, but him playing with weak and slow Pedri, soft De Jong is disasterclass every CL game.

We lost or draw last 15/20 CL games against any decent team???

Do this retards in the board might concidering there is something that needs to be changed?

Zidane82

Busquets passing statistically has been worse than ever in this past year.

Struggling to hit 85% in many games now and often misses difficult passes.

We are in a situation where to be honest he pretty much adds nothing anymore and most decent DMs would be an upgrade over him.
Yet Kessie , FDJ , Panjic and Nico ( plus others down the years) were not as good

Last edited:

Zidane82

He still has those glimpses of brilliance on the ball but yeah I'm noticing a decline in that too. Sometimes gives it away cheaply and the team is exposed to a dangerous counter attack.

What I still see him doing is pulling off some really tough passes(you know the passes you want them to play while watching a game on TV seeing the entire pitch in broadcast camera angle) which the youngsters around him can't (except Frenkie at times).

That is a fair take on things ..

He does get caught in possession occasionally but maybe if he had a Fabinho / Kante / Casemiro type next to him it would not happen ..

He still cuts out loads of passes , throws himself into tackles ( something nobody else does ) and even sacrifices himself by taking the odd yellow.

His passing stats will not be as high as some who pad their numbers out with endless backpasses ( Phil Foden springs to mind ) - whilst Busqs always tries to pass forwards , usually more difficult passes that may get intercepted .

Sadly , a lot of this will sound foreign to some in here ..
bless

Home of Barca Fans