Sergio Busquets

Sailor Mars

He is a liability defensively with his lack of speed.

But had good passing and vision today. Very quick with 1-2 touches to pass and progress the ball.

jamrock

I understand why he's been renewed from a business prospective, but I would have liked for this to be his last season.

Great game though, on average he's been solid this season.

Messigician

Barcelona have only won 50 points from the first half of La Liga 4 times in the past: 2008/09, 2010/11, 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2017/18.

delancey

Look, these are the type of games that someone who is allegedly earning 700k weekly should be putting in consistently. Let us see how he does against Manchester United.

No one has claimed he is a bad player, but simply that he is past his prime and is inconsistent in games where it really matters.

Again, let us see how he does in games without De Jong next to him, vs significantly better opposition.

Not worth 700k per week.

But yeah, good game against a mid-tier La Liga team. :lol:

jamrock

Has he been renewed? What? 😆

Seems as if that's the plan, balance his salary out over a longer contract.

Should just take the pique route & leave though, so we can have all his wages wiped out, though I'm not entirely sure that's the case with pique.

JamDav1982

Pique didnt wipe any of his deferred salary.

He agreed to give up half of what was due outwith that and still be getting paid tens of millions by end of this season.

Porque

Hey, if this magic box midfield wins LaLiga, EL and Copa Del Rey then I may support the Busi renewal idea given our predicted lack of resources.

But if we're sent packing and get overrun by a British or German team in the EL then scratch that idea. Even Arsenal because you got to imagine that they will pool all energies into the Premier League.

delancey

Seems as if that's the plan, balance his salary out over a longer contract.

Should just take the pique route & leave though, so we can have all his wages wiped out, though I'm not entirely sure that's the case with pique.

How much do you think an American team would pay him weekly? We would have to match that at the very least for him to consider renewing with us.

JamDav1982

Hey, if this magic box midfield wins LaLiga, EL and Copa Del Rey then I may support the Busi renewal idea given our predicted lack of resources.

But if we're sent packing and get overrun by a British or German team in the EL then scratch that idea. Even Arsenal because you got to imagine that they will pool all energies into the Premier League.

Those four passed Real off the park as well.

Frenkie is huge for Busquets and could see they both enjoyed that game yesterday. Betis couldnt get near them when in second half went double pivot and allowed Balde to stay higher up park.

Lets see how they get on v United but United are not as strong as some make out and I wouldnt have their midfield as better.

jamrock

Won't we pool all our energies into winning la Liga too?.

Getting beat by the best team from the best league in the universe, isn't anything to change a policy about tbh.

Porque

Won't we pool all our energies into winning la Liga too?.

I don't think we have the league competition to hinder tri-focus. Arsenal on the otherhand have high intensity games (with tougher rivals) weekly. But mostly their first Prem title in 20 years is a much bigger carrot.

We need proof of a competitive European team. We don't have that yet, and only EL success will support that. If the magic box fails in Europe then it is further evidence we should not delay Busi exit and replacement.

Home of Barca Fans