Sergio Busquets

khaled_a_d

Xavi: "I think Busquets is my natural replacement. He's destined to be Barça's leader for the next decade, without a shadow of a doubt."
Xavi: "Busquets is the player with the best understanding of football in the world. His game intelligence on the pitch is a wonder." [uefa]

Busi to be our captain next season

I doubt he will ever get it even though all signs point out to the fact that he is true leader .But with Messi ahead of it it will be tough to get the Captain over him and they are are only 1 year apart in terms of age
Will be tough to see a 26 years old captain for this team again tbh

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
As long as Iniesta is here he will be our 1st captain. Busi, Messi and Pique should be the other 3. I guess Busi could very well become no. 2, the team seems to view him as a real leader.
We also have Masche.

Stric

What makes you think that?

Next time there's a brawl on the pitch, look at what Busquets will be doing, then look back at what Xavi/Puyol had done. He doesn't have a captain's attitude. But that might change. Look at what happened with Pique.

K9cXk5.jpg

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
You (all of us) have absolutely no insight into the locker room and training sessions. That is where it is decided who is a leader of a team.
In smaller leagues it is often the player who is the loudest on the pitch, shouting orders or motivating everybody but not on the highest level. Once the match starts everyone has their orders from the coach, they know what to do and pros realize when they make mistakes and all that. Just because a camera catches a player motivating another teammate after a misplaced pass or something it does not mean that player is a leader.

Busi could be the first player at halftime who tells Iniesta he should position himself a bit different, Neymar to use Jordi's overlaps more and give another instruction to Alves e.g. We as fans would never see that.

Mexcelona

i will never understand why people say someone is not captain material
i brought it up in the other thread speicifically about leadership but it was unanswered
how can you say busquets is not captain material because he gets mad *as posted in that video* have you ever seen gattuso? have you ever seen buffon? these guys get mad all the time and are renowned for their leadership skills.

khorne

There was a time when he seriously overdid the whole "complaining to the ref" thing, literally after every call that went against barca, including completely justified ones, you could bet your house the guy next to the referee would be #16. But iirc that was mostly during the mourinho days, when everyone at barca and real took a level in jackass.

But at any rate, as some people have said earlier, the job of a good captain is much more the stuff outside of the game, otherwise a goalkeeper captain would make little sense. And in that regard busi is probably superb, he also seems to be absolute wonderful to work with for every coach.
[MENTION=19909]Mexcelona[/MENTION] That's true. Then again, Puyol had the most imposing presence in professional football that i've seen in the last decades, and a lot of that has to do with the fact that he never got mad. When you have complete natural authority you don't need to.

raskolnikov

There was a time when he seriously overdid the whole "complaining to the ref" thing, literally after every call that went against barca, including completely justified ones, you could bet your house the guy next to the referee would be #16. But iirc that was mostly during the mourinho days, when everyone at barca and real took a level in jackass.

But at any rate, as some people have said earlier, the job of a good captain is much more the stuff outside of the game, otherwise a goalkeeper captain would make little sense. And in that regard busi is probably superb, he also seems to be absolute wonderful to work with for every coach.
[MENTION=19909]Mexcelona[/MENTION] That's true. Then again, Puyol had the most imposing presence in professional football that i've seen in the last decades, and a lot of that has to do with the fact that he never got mad. When you have complete natural authority you don't need to.
Still wouldnt mind had he punched Ramos lights out that time he kicked Messi rather than diving.

Home of Barca Fans