Sergio Busquets

iced1776

yes ur right.
yaya and busi somehow can find each other blindly. i love it when they are together on the field.
busi at dm or yaya at dm. doesn't matter. they look sexy together, commanding.

and ur right about passing too. i have seen many times yaya making beautiful passes but somehow they are not recognised by some people here.
busi hasn't shown any of that yet and i believe it's because he still doesn't want to take risks and he plays too deep.
and yes busi is faster, you have to remember, busi is lighter than yaya.

The bold part is the real beauty of the partnership, because they both can play both roles well. Whenever those two play as DM/CM they very often switch back and forth between playing deep and slightly further up. They move the ball well between each other, and can change the focal point of the attack by constantly moving. I said it from the first game that Iniesta was injured this season, Yaya-Sergi-Xavi is our next best midfield. I really hope this is what Pep decides as well!

Barcilliant

Busquets is USELESS-he is actually a poor man's Darren Fletcher-is weak-looks for an easy pass and is prone to lapses in concentration. Pep must have slept with his mother/sister/girlfriend otherwise there is no reason to pick him. Yaya is streets ahead of this guy. Hell I'd even prefer Mascherano.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Busquets is USELESS-he is actually a poor man's Darren Fletcher-is weak-looks for an easy pass and is prone to lapses in concentration. Pep must have slept with his mother/sister/girlfriend otherwise there is no reason to pick him. Yaya is streets ahead of this guy. Hell I'd even prefer Mascherano.

:lol: Bullshit.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
He's not useless by any standards, but he'll need to cut out his habbit of dwelling on the ball. He's not always able to dance around a player or two and when he is caught out, he doesn't always get the freekick he plays for. I hope he has learned from his mistakes against Inter, but other than that he is an excellent player. We also need to get use to the idea that he's going to be tall and gangly pretty much for the rest of his career. putting on the pounds won't necassarily help his game and he is strong enough as it is with his hieght and frame when he does decide to use it.

Against Inter however, I would like to see Yaya Toure start ahead of Busquets.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Barcilliant, you really should check if the answers to your questions actually don't say something else than you are argueing.

I did it for you:
2ewcf7r.png

So Sergio averagely recovers more balls (by considerable margin even) in La liga while he loses the ball more often in the liga than Yaya.
Yaya averagely recovers more balls in the CL but also loses it more often in the CL than Sergio.

The totel recovered per lost ball is twice for Busquets though.

Goals are the same (1 in liga for Yaya + 1 for Sergio in the World Cup), Yaya has 1 assist more in total. (EDIT: my bad, Yaya has two more, one in the World cup as well. Sorry)

Hence, your questions prove you wrong. Actually.

Last edited:

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Barcilliant, you really should check if the answers to your questions actually don't say something else than you are argueing.

I did it for you:
2ewcf7r.png

So Sergio averagely recovers more balls (by considerable margin even) in La liga while he loses the ball more often in the liga than Yaya.
Yaya averagely recovers more balls in the CL but also loses it more often in the CL than Sergio.

The totel recovered per lost ball is twice for Busquets though.

Goals are the same (1 in liga for Yaya + 1 for Sergio in the World Cup), Yaya has 1 assist more in total.

Hence, your questions prove you wrong. Actually.

:whacky:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Official site has a balls recovered and lost statistic.

I know Yaya offers power and speed, but that's not measureable in stats. Nor is passing fluidity and aggresive tackling.

Barcilliant

Source please-also Yaya has not played enough which has affected his confidence. Last season along with Xavi & Iniesta our midfield was the best. This season Iniesta has been injured & Busquets and Keita have been average at best. If Yaya gets a game he is lucky. he needs a consistent run. Busquets was awful against Inter and should have been subbed after the second goal. 2-1 we'd still be in the box seat. 3-1 we're staring down the barrel......

Home of Barca Fans