Sergio Busquets

Zidane82

Since Xavi declined and left in 2015, De Jong - Arhtur are the best technical movers and great possession players he's had next to him. Now we'll see if Busi is really finished or not. If Valverde allows it of course.

I'd start the season with Frenkie - Busi - Arthur trio and go from there.

Exactly my thoughts . Sadly we all know that he will build his team around the twisted spine of Suarez - Rakitic - Roberto

Arizona Scott

That’s simply not true .. the fans would have let him know if he’d been playing poorly for SIX years !!

Spain has massively underachieved and Busquets couldn't ask for better midfielders around to support (pretty much the top backline in the world too).

Just compare Rakitic last major tournament and Busquets', despite the latter having a lot more talent around.

I just don't see how one can objectively believe Busi the last couple of years has been noticeably better.

Barca should move on from both.

Saying this, whether it is Busi or Rakitic or Vidal or Coutinho in the 3rd midfield spot I am not sure it will make that much difference. This is far more insignificant that acquiring and starting AG and FDJ and their talents likely will make it work whoever is that 10th or 11th starter TBD.

Zidane82

Was the top of the tree for years in world football but thats gone now , hes finished it happens to all the greats.

We won’t know that for sure until we see how Busqs plays alongside another truly great midfielder in FDJ .

I’m hopeful that we’ll see the Busqs back to his best .

Zidane82

Busqs has suffered due to the management, the tactics and having to play alongside Rakitic and Roberto.

To see how other players effect a team or individuals just look at how VVD has transformed the Liverpool defence and seemingly improved all around him ..

abbbs97

busquets didnt do so well with the Spain NT too so its not entirely about the management and the players around him. he's done and we should've sold him and gotten Rodri to replace him as I dont see Frenkie as a DM.

Zidane82

busquets didnt do so well with the Spain NT too so its not entirely about the management and the players around him. he's done and we should've sold him and gotten Rodri to replace him as I dont see Frenkie as a DM.

Even in the Spain midfield there was no close to being as good as FDJ !!

Judoman

Sadly you can't make a silk purse out of a Rakitic..

Right, it s all about Rakitic with you and he is just that bad. How on earth was he a big part of 2nd place on WC and Busi.......was not.

So the dude needs right players, right system and right coach. He is not an attacker. He is not even a playmaker.

So what s the point of adjusting everything to his needs?

Laplacian

Yup. Vidal is superior to Rakitic (in attack and defense), and De Jong is Busquets' heir. Arthur should take the 3rd spot and develop his forward game with more minutes. But under shitverde, I doubt any of this will happen.

Thank god Valverde won't go for that, it looks like such a boring midfield. FdJ in the Netherlands and Ajax always plays alongside a more defensive midfielder, because it gives him the license to utilise his great skillsets: driving the ball forward and dictating the game through passing. FdJ and Arthur should compete for the same spot, the "Xavi position", and the 3rd spot should be occupied by an actual attacking midfielder. Busquets should be replaced by actual DM, not FdJ. There are good options out there, Thomas Delaney or Axel Witsel would be good short term options to phase out Busquets while we look for a long term successor.

That's how our midfield should look, none of the defensive shit or midfield occupied by players of extremely similar profiles (Arthur and FdJ) - making it redundant. Midfields should be balanced, versatile, and dynamic. At least my idea of a midfield should be.

I'm willing to try out Vidal, FdJ, and 3rd attacking midfielder would be a decent option. Unfortunately this club seems to think it no longer has any needs for attacking midfielders. I'm hoping by some weird miracle Vidal, Fdj, and Coutinho works out. Coutinho needs to develop a midfielder's ability in positional awareness and defending and not be shit for that to happen ://

Please don't yell out Alena or Riqui Puig, they're not good enough yet.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Thank god Valverde won't go for that, it looks like such a boring midfield. FdJ in the Netherlands and Ajax always plays alongside a more defensive midfielder, because it gives him the license to utilise his great skillsets: driving the ball forward and dictating the game through passing. FdJ and Arthur should compete for the same spot, the "Xavi position", and the 3rd spot should be occupied by an actual attacking midfielder. Busquets should be replaced by actual DM, not FdJ. There are good options out there, Thomas Delaney or Axel Witsel would be good short term options to phase out Busquets while we look for a long term successor.

That's how our midfield should look, none of the defensive shit or midfield occupied by players of extremely similar profiles (Arthur and FdJ) - making it redundant. Midfields should be balanced, versatile, and dynamic. At least my idea of a midfield should be.

I'm willing to try out Vidal, FdJ, and 3rd attacking midfielder would be a decent option. Unfortunately this club seems to think it no longer has any needs for attacking midfielders. I'm hoping by some weird miracle Vidal, Fdj, and Coutinho works out. Coutinho needs to develop a midfielder's ability in positional awareness and defending and not be shit for that to happen ://

Please don't yell out Alena or Riqui Puig, they're not good enough yet.

Agree with you. Griezmann, Vidal and De Jong would be interesting. Vidal can be dm.

Busquets is done. He brings nothing to the table besides reputation and that's fading fast too.

Home of Barca Fans