Sergio Busquets

khaled_a_d

He's reliable. He's a copy paste merchant but he's very clever about that. He knows what to trust and what not to.

He has a history of deleting his own fake news when it happens.
But I guess it depends on how you define reliable, he is like a glorified Reshad (Hagrid) and probably why he likes him.
A news like this doesn't take much, no one expects Busquets to leave so he can say something like that on his podcast

Temptation

His Here we go branding was a masterstroke.

The man has created a niche for himself

Most of these journalists are just laughed off as clowns by fans but this guy has a very good image in the fans' eyes.

fergus90

Was there even a question of him not continuing. It's well documented that his contract expires in 2023, so was always staying until then at the very least.

ajnotkeith

He has a history of deleting his own fake news when it happens.
But I guess it depends on how you define reliable, he is like a glorified Reshad (Hagrid) and probably why he likes him.
A news like this doesn't take much, no one expects Busquets to leave so he can say something like that on his podcast

He recycles other journalist news and when it is not correct, usually deletes the tweets if they haven't blown up yet so people can't check his record.

Most of his feed lately is just posting quotes of interviews from managers or CEOs.

ajnotkeith

Most of these journalists are just laughed off as clowns by fans but this guy has a very good image in the fans' eyes.

Yes, so even if he makes the strongest declaration possible 'Leo Messi's renewing with Barcelona, it's never been in doubt' he can say 'I didn't say here we go so it wasn't done'.

But people are a bit smarter than that, he only says here we go when everyone knows it is a done deal anyway. People are starting to get tired of his BS and misses and the here we go shtick isn't working anymore, people will just get their news from other sources.

Temptation

No matter how he plays, Xavi will always throw the blame on the surrounding players. He's going to be the most protected player in the Xavi tenure.

Actually what Gician posted might turn out true in effect in the next few years. Don't think Xavi has the balls or adaptability to rethink the system without his old mate.

Makes sense that Barca are linked every other position except the DM.

In Xavi's mind, Busquets is the first and the fixed piece of the puzzle!

xXKonan

Romano is a glorified tap in merchant in reporting transfers or contract renewals and gets it wrong even then half the time.

I remember him saying the club in was in talks in renewing Puig's contract a number of times but it never happened.

ajnotkeith

Romano is a glorified tap in merchant in reporting transfers or contract renewals and gets it wrong even then half the time.

I remember him saying the club in was in talks in renewing Puig's contract a number of times but it never happened.

Especially when it comes to Barca he is super unreliable.

Said Messi's contract was a done deal, said here we go on Wijnaldum, the thing you mentioned about Puig, he also said last year that Gavi's renewal was going to be done in weeks (it's May and it's far from done lol).

Wouldn't listen to him about anything to do with Barca at all.

Horatio

You're welcome

the current popular theory is that messigician completely made it up.

khaled_a_d

His marketing strategy is great, no doubt.
He gets more tweets, reply on saying official news that was already released by a club, than the one done by the club itself.
He made himself a news channel, you go there to get all transfer news in one place instead of following 10 accounts, or follow a news account (Sky/bein)whete 80% of the timeline is boring.
Many are using this way now, some do it in more ethical waylike Reshad who mentions news and filter it with reliability moon emoji.
Problem with this it undermines the work of reliable journalists

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

While this is true the stories about Busquets thinking about moving to the MLS in 2023 have been around for quite a while in the Catalan/Spanish press too.

Busquets will never move this summer anyway as the World Cup is in the winter. If Barca & Xavi are smart they phase him out and have another player as a starter at CDM by December/January at the latest but I doubt it happens.

Home of Barca Fans