Sergio Busquets

Messigician

Sergio Busquets: "People want me to do 'highlights' and a show. My position is complicated, dirty work, but very important. The fans don't value movements without the ball, but the coaches and teammates do. I like to go unnoticed."

Xavi liked the post on Instagram that posted
the news

Update he has also now commented too

Xavi: "Busquets' balance and winning character is special. He is the perfect player to be a pivot. He dominates all aspects of his position."

Last edited:

Messigician

Xavi commented now

Xavi: "Busquets' balance and winning character is special. He is the perfect player to be a pivot. He dominates all aspects of his position."

Zidane82

Sergio Busquets: "People want me to do 'highlights' and a show. My position is complicated, dirty work, but very important. The fans don't value movements without the ball, but the coaches and teammates do. I like to go unnoticed."

Xavi liked the post on Instagram that posted
the news

Update he has also now commented too

Xavi: "Busquets' balance and winning character is special. He is the perfect player to be a pivot. He dominates all aspects of his position

Sadly few in here will even understand any of the above

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Busquets is definitely right about one thing. He goes unnoticed because he's usually a no-show vs. any half decent team nowadays.

I would love for his fans to show me examples of him doing the dirty work, tracking back, breaking up plays, following his marker vs. good teams.

Givenchy

Knew this would be an issue under Xavi, Busi is his sacred cow.. he's even talked about building the fucking team around him.

Alba, Busi and Pique needed to go before Xavi joined

Bobo32

Busquets is definitely right about one thing. He goes unnoticed because he's usually a no-show vs. any half decent team nowadays.

I would love for his fans to show me examples of him doing the dirty work, tracking back, breaking up plays, following his marker vs. good teams.

Is current league champions and CL finalists Real Madrid considered a good team? Former champions Atletico de Madrid? Are only the teams that happen to take points from Barcelona (Getafe, Rayo, Cadiz, Frankfurt, Espanyol in the last four months) considered to be good?

He has been consistently great, but if you think it is so important to do "dirty work, tracking back, following his marker" then he is not your guy today as he wasn't 10 or 14 years ago either. Follow another team if you think that's what a defensive midfielder should do?

ajnotkeith

Is current league champions and CL finalists Real Madrid considered a good team? Former champions Atletico de Madrid? Are only the teams that happen to take points from Barcelona (Getafe, Rayo, Cadiz, Frankfurt, Espanyol in the last four months) considered to be good?

He has been consistently great, but if you think it is so important to do "dirty work, tracking back, following his marker" then he is not your guy today as he wasn't 10 or 14 years ago either. Follow another team if you think that's what a defensive midfielder should do?

Just because we beat them doesn't mean he played well.

We may have won the Super Cup against Madrid, in fact, if not for Busquets 'brilliance'.

Gari

Sadly few in here will even understand any of the above

They may not understand, but they see the results. And they are bad, very bad. In the Cups, they now dream of having Barcelona as a rival. For some reason, all these defeats injure the fans, but not the players involved in them.

Co0ter

It doesnt matter if Busquets is good at moving the ball around and blocking passing lanes, because he has never been good at anything else. He is slow and is caught out of position multiple times a game. Every big team we lose against targets and exposes him. Of course when we had a WC defense and Xavi and Iniesta we didnt see him get exposed as often, we also had 70-75% possession every game.

He goes unnoticed most games, until of course he gets caught out of position and we get countered through the center of the pitch...again. His weaknesses far outweigh his strengths, and it's been clear the moment Xaviesta starting declining, getting old and leaving.

The funny part is even Xavi knows it, because even Xavi knew he had to instruct De Jong to babysit Busquets all game so what I just mentioned didnt happen as often. It is also evident by how disorganized our midfield is when De Jong isnt there and the other players dont babysit Busi.

The DM is supposed to provide coverage, not require it. Look at every other top class DM out there.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans