Tennis

Rahj

so apparently maria sharapova has recently been attacked by cricket fans on her fb page, because she has never heard of a sachin soandso. i haven't heard of him either, so does that mean i will be hated by an entire subcontinent as well? i wouldn't be angry if some americans have never heard of messi, i just find it mildly amusing. :)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
so apparently maria sharapova has recently been attacked by cricket fans on her fb page, because she has never heard of a sachin soandso. i haven't heard of him either, so does that mean i will be hated by an entire subcontinent as well? i wouldn't be angry if some americans have never heard of messi, i just find it mildly amusing. :)

Nope. You'll only be hated by the hardcore Sachin fans. Not everyone. Those people are simply morons.

Adrian

It's the second most popular sport in the world.

That's only because there are so many Indians. The sport isn't as popular around the world as tennis is. Many people even think the sport is popular in Australia, but in my grade we have only 2 people who play competitive cricket with a grade of 120 people.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's only because there are so many Indians. The sport isn't as popular around the world as tennis is. Many people even think the sport is popular in Australia, but in my grade we have only 2 people who play competitive cricket with a grade of 120 people.

Strange. That's based on participation though. Cricket is a top 3 sport in Australia in terms of popularity from what I've been told or is it not?

footyfan

Calma, calma
How is cricket even considered a sport? Nice athletes the 'sport' has got:

svBERMUDA_wideweb__470x372,0.jpg

Before you say I'm giving no-name examples, here's guys like Inzy and Shane Warne:

59245.jpg

Shane-Warne-fat.jpg

zanela

An English invented recreational 'sport' made relevant by its popularity achieved in its former colonies.

footyfan

Calma, calma
England suck at almost every sport they invent. Do they have even 1 cricket World Cup? Don't recall any. Frikkin Australia tho'.

Home of Barca Fans