The backline a problem?

Stric

What about the year before for Bartra though when Barca had many defence injuries but chose Busquets, Adriano etc ahead of him?

Why were the same things said about Pep not giving him enough time compared to Tito.

It just seems Tito is an easy target.

I already told you, but you don't seem to be able to take into consideration or comprehend anything that's not exactly concordant with your own opinion. Bartra wasn't even part of the squad last season. Just like Deulofeu is not this season. You could say the same about him, that he hasn't been called up much to contribute to our attack, because he sucks and has no real potential. And the whole world knows all our other forwards except Messi sucked big time this season. I'm done arguing with you, you are by far the single most obstinate person on this forum.

JamDav1982

I already told you, but you don't seem to be able to take into consideration or comprehend anything that's not exactly concordant with your own opinion. Bartra wasn't even part of the squad last season. Just like Deulofeu is not this season. You could say the same about him, that he hasn't been called up much to contribute to our attack, because he sucks and has no real potential. And the whole world knows all our other forwards except Messi sucked big time this season. I'm done arguing with you, you are by far the single most obstinate person on this forum.

I know you 'told' me that.

But I also told you neither were Cuence and Tello both of whom played much more than Bartra.

Duelofeu point means nothing either as he is not ready for the first team anyway and has many players ahead of him. Bartra did not have that last season.

Mr Hulot

I think JamDav1982 is right on this one. Pep never really rated Bartra. The argument that Bartra was not a part of the first team does not stand as players like Thiago, Tello and Cuenca played a lot of games. Also Bartra is older than all of them. I don't understand why Stric got mad... :shrug:

Last edited:

Stric

I think JamDav1982 is right on this one. Pep never really rated Bartra. The argument that Bartra was not a part of the first team does not stand as players like Thiago, Tello and Cuenca played a lot of games. Also Bartra is older than all of them. I don't understand why Stric got mad... :shrug:

I got "mad" because I've already discussed the same thing with the same user before (and his response was to completely ignore my arguments and just keep saying what he thinks), and have already answered the same question he asks me now, which was, BTW, in response to a post of mine that was directed at someone else in the first place.

B

beautifulgame

The problem is.. Bartra sucks..

Only solution is to sign at least two quality CB's.

JamDav1982

I got "mad" because I've already discussed the same thing with the same user before (and his response was to completely ignore my arguments and just keep saying what he thinks), and have already answered the same question he asks me now, which was, BTW, in response to a post of mine that was directed at someone else in the first place.

I didnt ignore what you said previously. I replied as I replied here.

Being named in the first team means little to Guardiola using Bartra if he saw fit to. As Cuenca and Tello showed.

You are the one that repeated the 'not in first team squad' despite it already being shown to be irrelevant.

Stric

I didnt ignore what you said previously. I replied as I replied here.

Being named in the first team means little to Guardiola using Bartra if he saw fit to. As Cuenca and Tello showed.

You are the one that repeated the 'not in first team squad' despite it already being shown to be irrelevant.

Far from irrelevant. I'm having trouble finding the data for last season, but I'm willing to bet that Bartra has had significantly less experience in the first team at the time when injury problems in defense started occuring, than Tello and Cuenca had at that point. And also, it's one thing to just decide to play Tello and Cuenca in general, it's another, as you put it, to RELY on Bartra when injury problems in defense are present. Which, by the way, happened to him again this season. Tello and Cuenca have not at any point been under the pressure that Bartra has been pretty much every single time he played for the first team.

JamDav1982

Far from irrelevant. I'm having trouble finding the data for last season, but I'm willing to bet that Bartra has had significantly less experience in the first team at the time when injury problems in defense started occuring, than Tello and Cuenca had at that point. And also, it's one thing to just decide to play Tello and Cuenca in general, it's another, as you put it, to RELY on Bartra when injury problems in defense are present. Which, by the way, happened to him again this season. Tello and Cuenca have not at any point been under the pressure that Bartra has been pretty much every single time he played for the first team.

He will have had less experience in the first team by the time the injuries in defence happened.

Is that not the whole argument though that he did not get enough minutes before the injuries this season?

It is the same argument. Guardiola never played him either.

spark

Bartra had more experience than both having debuted in 2010. When he played 5 games that season both of Tello and Cuenca were in Barca B and at Sabadell. Pep simply liked Cuenca's style which is why he put him in the in pre season even though he just had come back from loan in the 3rd division. The injury crisis you described with Bartra is the exact reason Tello and Cuenca got a lot of time after Villa was hurt. Tello got put under the same immense pressure if not more last year,in that he was always used as sub and option off the bench and then was randomly put in a starting 11 in a title deciding clasico. Which of course he didnt play well and all kinds of cules called him shit and up to August last year wondered why Tito fully promoted him. Check his thread in the page 30's and you'll see that sentiment.

Last edited:

Stric

Bartra had more experience than both having debuted in 2010. When he played 5 games that season both of Tello and Cuenca were in Barca B and at Sabadell. Pep simply liked Cuenca's style which is why he put him in the in pre season even though he just had come back from loan in the 3rd division. The injury crisis you described with Bartra is the exact reason Tello and Cuenca got a lot of time after Villa was hurt. Tello got put under the same immense pressure if not more last year,in that he was always used as sub and option off the bench and then was randomly put in a starting 11 in a title deciding clasico. Which of course he didnt play well and all kinds of cules called him shit and up to August last year wondered why Tito fully promoted him. Check his thread in the page 30's and you'll see that sentiment.

I remember the situation with Tello and Cuenca, especially that Clasico. And I know Bartra debuted earlier, but I still think Tello was not under the same pressure as Bartra has been this season or even in the few games he played last season. Pep still had Pedro and Sanchez, and even Iniesta/Fabregas to count on in the absence of Villa, while recently Bartra was literally the only remaining defender, which is why he played.

JamDav1982

I remember the situation with Tello and Cuenca, especially that Clasico. And I know Bartra debuted earlier, but I still think Tello was not under the same pressure as Bartra has been this season or even in the few games he played last season. Pep still had Pedro and Sanchez, and even Iniesta/Fabregas to count on in the absence of Villa, while recently Bartra was literally the only remaining defender, which is why he played.

But the debate is that Pep did not play Bartra and give him minutes last season.

Pep did nothing different from Tito and if anything gave Bartra far less minutes.

Why is it that only Tito gets called out on it and Pep never?

Stric

But the debate is that Pep did not play Bartra and give him minutes last season.

Pep did nothing different from Tito and if anything gave Bartra far less minutes.

For the last time... because at that time Bartra was playing in Barca B, where he played 23 games that season in addition to the 2 he played for the first team. He was only used as an addition, and it didn't matter as much to him, because he was playing regularly. Tito promoted him fully, thus disabling him from ever playing f or Barca B again, yet keeping him on the bench until the last two months of the season. How anyone can argue that Pep and Tito are doing the same here is beyond me. Tito STOPPED Bartra's progress, Pep did nothing. He let him play more for the B team.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

For the last time... because at that time Bartra was playing in Barca B, where he played 23 games that season in addition to the 2 he played for the first team. He was only used as an addition, and it didn't matter as much to him, because he was playing regularly. Tito promoted him fully, thus disabling him from ever playing for Barca B again, yet keeping him on the bench until the last two months of the season. How anyone can argue that Pep and Tito are doing the same here is beyond me.

For the last time...... Pep gave Cuenca and Tello plenty of minutes from the b team and many before them. That is a very weak excuse.

The point is neither of them gave him time to develop in the first team and both trusted midfielders and playing players out of position ahead of playing him.

Meitux

Because Pep is a real coach actually...Tito doesnt know what he is doing

Stric

For the last time...... Pep gave Cuenca and Tello plenty of minutes from the b team and many before them. That is a very weak excuse.

The point is neither of them gave him time to develop in the first team and both trusted midfielders and playing players out of position ahead of playing him.

Yes, except Pep is smart, and used all of the youngsters as additions from the B team, while Tito promoted all of them and left some of them rotting on the bench. You're unbelievable.

Home of Barca Fans