The future statue of Messi

What should the Camp Nou statue of Messi depict?

• 2. The celebration vs Bayern

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. The dribbling vs Bilbao

• 4. The celebration vs Liverpool

• 6. The shirt clebration on Santiago Bernabeu

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

companyofcules

Since in 2 years Camp Nou will be completed, and Messi will likely have a statue, there is a hard decision to be made choosing a moment to set in bronze.

○ The first question should be about choosing the location of the moment.

Should it be Camp Nou or Bernabeu (Rome)?
For me the most important moment in his career happened in Bernabeu when he mauled Real Madrid in the 2011 UCL semifinal.Got my revenge for the 2002 one.

That being said i think the statue should nevertheless celebrate Messi in Camp Nou.

○ As for the second question, of "what we should celebrate?" we have plenty of options, but I present you the most obvious ones.

Feel free to add your favorite ones.

1000046266.jpg1000046263.jpg
1. Barca-Real

1000046272.jpg
2. Barca-Bayern

1000046280.jpg
3. Barca-Bilbao

1000046270.jpg1000046279.jpg
4. Barca-Liverpool

1000046277.jpg
5. Barca-Getafe

JamDav1982

And they should put it on the roof over looking the pitch for matchday.

Can get a photo with it if go up on that sky walk.

Iconic and money spinner.

soul24rage

The only right answer

GU-dFPGXIAAJMse

companyofcules

But that is a random game away if we take his career.
Why would Camp Nou have that?
Is a bit in the realm of a inferiority complex if you celebrate that and not what happened in Camp Nou.
And 2011 was miles more important and impressive.
But in 2011 Twitter was not around.
This is my reasoning.

companyofcules

Though that will be expensive

For me the 5 0 walk is the embodiment of Messi as a leader in his prime, trashed Real while playing the needed role while Real was set to kill him. No bling and camping just hard work with the ball.

serghei

The 5-0 walk was amazing indeed. The 2 celebrations in the CL final are amazing, especially the 2011 one.

Last edited:

BusiTheKing

Him with the ball at his left foot charging forward.

In the end, that was what he was about: the ball. The mania of it, the preternatural urge to take it and run with it, not let anyone else take it from you.

There are of course countless memories, extravagant moments and glorious victories that one would love to immortalize, but making it about some specific moment would just dilute this essence of him. Which is something more simple, more humble, something every little kid playing football can relate to.

In the end, everything else is just circumstantial.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
As Jamrock said, statue would be a definite moneymaker for the club.

Not to mention Best player in history of the game deserves it.

MontenegrinCuler

Should be something huge, perfectly visible from all points of the stadium and be a clear depiction of Leo. To be visible at every moment and be a source of pride and motivation for all Barça players in matches they play at Camp Nou. I just hope it's not a small statue at entrance or a little depiction of his head.

If money is the problem ask for collab with Argentines. We love Leo, they love Leo. They would probably help build Leo's statue in one of world's biggest stadiums.

Home of Barca Fans