Thiago Translantara

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
It would be a big mistake to sell him even with a buyback clause IMO. He would lose that connection with the club I think, he's a confident lad and if he did well elsewhere he might not want to return. A loan is a better option, although I'd prefer him to stay altogether. That said Pep needs to give him game time to continue his development.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
if we don't sign Alexis, I have a feeling we may see Thiago in the forward line. perhaps not in the wide positions (though I don't see why not) but I reckon he could be a good alternate False9 if we wanted to rest Messi or play him in a different role to throw the opponent off.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Would be interesting to see him in that role. I certainly think he could do a job out wide in the same fashion as Iniesta, but given he's quite comfortable in front of goal there's no reason why he couldn't adapt to that area.

DucdeOrléans

It would be a big mistake to sell him even with a buyback clause IMO. He would lose that connection with the club I think, he's a confident lad and if he did well elsewhere he might not want to return. A loan is a better option, although I'd prefer him to stay altogether. That said Pep needs to give him game time to continue his development.

Indeed it would. Not to mention the economical aspect.

It will be a very tough choice for Pep to make. Buy Cesc, who arguable is the long-term replacement for Xavi and that way potentially risk Thiagos development/future or just keep Thiago and abandon the Cesc idea completely once for all.

I have my doubts on whether both Cesc and Thiago would be able to succeed in the same team especially when Xavi, Iniesta, Mascherano, Busquets and Keita are around.

Metaphysical:

Thiago is not that type of a player. We would lack goals if he played upfront. He is WAY better in Iniestas ans Xavis position.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I definitely think it's something to consider.

Thiago is not that type of a player. We would lack goals if he played upfront. He is WAY better in Iniestas ans Xavis position.

have we ever seen him play there? do we know he'd be unable to finish chances?

he could DEFINITELY play False9, but the wing roles aren't out of the question either.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
I believe he played as a left forward a few times for Barcelona B. I'm not sure how effective he was there, though.

adil_909

can someone explain to me what will happen to this brilliant youngster if/when we sign cesc?

why don't we just leave both cesc and sanchez alone and just get mata from valencia? we have enough cover. if we have a season where we have 5+ injuries then that sucks, but we can't be buying all sorts of players to prepare for nightmare scenarios.

Yugi

wasnt ronaldinho´s original position midfield too?
there are some paralels between those two it´s scary

SwiftGuyver

i don't see what the big problem is tbh...

i will feel much more confident with Fabriago as Xaviesta's backup next season, Keita is a solid squad player for us but he lacks creativity...

i think 5 players for 2 starting positions is perfect, with Keita as 5th choice...

DucdeOrléans

No we have not, but at the same time have we seen Puyol upfront? I mean come one, Thiago might play upfront occasionally (probably without much success compared to our alternatives) but he should first and foremost play in the midfield.

Yugi

I´ve got a feeling we might burn ourselves, we took risk with signing ronaldinho (beckham wasnt avalaible anymore) and it was one of the best things to happen in barca
but I just dont have a good feeling about signing Cesc

Silver

I remember some people saying Jonathan Dos Santos would have more chances to become a squad player then Thiago... :lol:

Thiago is 2 classes higher then him.
Jonathan Dos Santos just like bimbos :lol:

Home of Barca Fans