Thiago Translantara

jamrock

He reminds me a bit of Scholes and Deco if I had to make a comparison.

Does that really matter?

a whole lot, because people would then see that it has been a progression and simply a few friendlies thats its in to way a flash in the pan, makes you look at what he is doing now in a totally different light.

Bergkamp10

a whole lot, because people would then see that it has been a progression and simply a few friendlies thats its in to way a flash in the pan, makes you look at what he is doing now in a totally different light.

Okay...so do you want him as main backup to Xavi and Iniesta this season then?

P

PhilS

If you're looking for the next Xavi or Iniesta, this is not the guy. But no one ever will be.

What we have here is the first Thiago. Halleluya!

I don't know if he will ever be a great possession midfielder. I'm not convinced he is a midfielder at all, in the Barca mold. He is different, but that's not a problem, it's an incredible new weapon.

With Messi not on the field, Thiago can be the needed extra finisher. With Messi on the field, I think Messi will move back and Thiago will move up. In both situations, more goals for the team. If the defense is not quite as good when Thiago is on the field, I think what he adds to the offense will greatly outweigh that. I could see Thiago coming on as a sub all the time this season when the team needs a late goal, he is more direct and seems to finish better than any midfielder on the current roster.

The Audi cup might help Barca management decide how much to increase their offer for Cesc this weekend, which Wegner says is the final window for this transaction this summer.

Last edited:

jamrock

Xavi: "Thiago's talent is endless. Compatible with Cesc? You shouldn't compare players, I suffered from that. They can play together."

Translation,thiago is more talented that cesc ;)

Z

ZiZu

No, but we have a right to be excited about this guy. Some posters ehre are going over the top, and i would still not be adverse to Cesc signing, but Thiago looks the dog's cahoonies
Yep , he's also not going to cost £40 million and he hasn't got dodgy hamstrings and three injury hit seasons behind him.

LaMessiah

With Messi not on the field, Thiago can be the needed extra finisher. With Messi on the field, I think Messi will move back and Thiago will move up. In both situations, more goals for the team. If the defense is not quite as good when Thiago is on the field, I think what he adds to the offense will greatly outweigh that. I could see Thiago coming on as a sub all the time this season when the team needs a late goal, he is more direct and seems to finish better than any midfielder on the current roster.

We saw some of this last season... Pep would move Xavi back into Busquet's role and add Thiago to try and pry the defense open. I don't necessarily agree about him not being a possession midfielder though. That's his role, it will have to be his role. With Messi on the pitch, you'll never see Thiago playing higher up than him.

Either way, we have a fucking gem gentlemen :party1:

Antigun

Xavi: "Thiago's talent is endless. Compatible with Cesc? You shouldn't compare players, I suffered from that. They can play together."

Translation,thiago is more talented that cesc ;)

Translation: Thiago is more talented than Cesc, but we cannot say it out clearly because Pep is still trying to sign Cesc.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
If you're looking for the next Xavi or Iniesta, this is not the guy. But no one ever will be.

What we have here is the first Thiago. Halleluya!

I don't know if he will ever be a great possession midfielder. I'm not convinced he is a midfielder at all, in the Barca mold. He is different, but that's not a problem, it's an incredible new weapon.

The Audi cup might help Barca management decide how much to increase their offer for Cesc this weekend, which Wegner says is the final window for this transaction this summer.

Thiago has never been a great goalscorer, though. I reckon we'd bring on Alexis or Affelay instead.

utility73

Xavi is absolutely correct in saying "Thiago's talent is endless."
When this guy matures all hell will break loose.
...so much for overboarding expectations ;)

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
ESP coach del Bosque plans to call up Thiago for the friendly against ITA on 10 Aug and the Euro qualifier against LIE on 5 Sep. [as]

Home of Barca Fans