Thiago Translantara

beef-supreme

Encouraging to hear that Peter, I missed good portion of the match yesterday.

The thing is, he was still subbed off, but really, for me he did the most running. He played very much like Xavi, but with Iniesta-like dribbles. So backtracking, running forwards, he was everywhere really - and with a killer ball. And he won as many fouls as either of those two would. Let's see how he does against whoever we're drawn against ;) I will continue to believe that the true way to ease Thiago into the first team would be to have him play in the Second division, and make the occasional first team appearance. If all goes to plan, he could be ready for regular first team exposure (like Pedro) by the 2011/12 season :)

desoe

Does he wants to wait so much is the main question here. Remember that Pedro has never really been hyped before his breakthrough, so maybe it was something normal for him to be patient. But with players like Thiago it's a different thing, because the most talented are always most unpatient and eager to start playing on a highest level.

Of course, I don't have an idea what's the real situation, but I'm just guessing.

beef-supreme

Does he wants to wait so much is the main question here. Remember that Pedro has never really been hyped before his breakthrough, so maybe it was something normal for him to be patient. But with players like Thiago it's a different thing, because the most talented are always most unpatient and eager to start playing on a highest level.

Of course, I don't have an idea what's the real situation, but I'm just guessing.

Yeah fair enough, but then for Pedro it was entirely differnet, because he was playing in La Tercera, so you can imagine that that must've tested his patience a fair bit. As for Thiago, he'll be (HOPEFULLY) playing in a division that is just one below the first team, against teams that the first team played against the season before... I guess that the level of competition will be high enough for him to prepare himself for first team action. Again, it is impossible to tell, as you said, but who knows - maybe he'll be satisfied with playing the monthly first team game + friendly, in addition to the regular Segunda match. That would be seriously awesome, imo.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Yes, Cesc has shown superior athleticism so far in his career but that's it. There's absolutely no reason to throw money at Cesc when Thiago has a higher ceiling.

prodigal son.

plus I don't see the argument that cesc blocks thiago out, either.

since cesc comes in, xavi is 30.

in a few years, xavi goes out.

cesc is the new xavi.

thiago is the new cesc.

he's what, 19? and he's clearly not physically gonna be ready for a season or two. his body needs to grow.

cesc does not ruin thiago's career.

now jona? jona could be fudged if cesc comes.

thiago will be fine.

Hydro2oo9

prodigal son.

plus I don't see the argument that cesc blocks thiago out, either.

since cesc comes in, xavi is 30.

in a few years, xavi goes out.

cesc is the new xavi.

thiago is the new cesc.

he's what, 19? and he's clearly not physically gonna be ready for a season or two. his body needs to grow.

cesc does not ruin thiago's career.

now jona? jona could be fudged if cesc comes.

thiago will be fine.

Exacly! Cesc is coming in as a ready made replacement for when Xavi begins to show signs of age. Bringing Cesc in now would be a good piece of business, as it'll give him time to get used to the system and the team he is playing in ready to replace Xavi on a full time basis. Cesc is 23 now, so it seems a very good time for the club to sign the player.

Thiago and Dos Santos will still have bright futures at the club, don't worry about it people.

Cesc isn't 100% important, but buying the player now would be a very good piece of business in order to give the player plenty of time in fitting it.

If I was Pep in this transfer window, then my only other signing would be Cesc and a back-up right back to Alves and I think everything else is fine.

My only concern with Thiago is his fitness. I'm not too impressed with his physical performances. Am I the only one who noticed it?

Fitness will improve once the player is to get more pitch time hopefully. When a player doesn't play enough, then this can play a big factor on his fitness levels. The good thing about it, is he is still only 19, so he can improve on this department once he is to be playing on a more regular basis in the first team.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
RENEWED :dance:

renewed until 2011 with a buy-out clause of 10m, but also a very interesting clause included! A certain number of first team appearances would extend his contract to 2013 increasing his buy-out clause to 30m!!

Home of Barca Fans