Thiago Translantara

Raketa10

Thiago will never reach Iniesta or Xavi level but I would bring him back for sure if that was possible. Regarding Kroos, my opinion is that Kroos is lucky to play next to Modric. Take Modric away from him and I am sure his weaknesses would be revealed.

serghei

Thiago will never reach Iniesta or Xavi level but I would bring him back for sure if that was possible. Regarding Kroos, my opinion is that Kroos is lucky to play next to Modric. Take Modric away from him and I am sure his weaknesses would be revealed.

It's a legit trio what they have. Take even Casemiro out and they don't work as well. Take Kroos out and the passing network is not as fluid as with him.

1993Kaan1993

Kroos is better than Thiago on crosses and shoots. if Thiago can improve his shoots and crosses, l'd rate him higher than Kroos, just because he is a dribbler and defensively much better than Kroos.

2 of Thiago, Kimmich and Verratti is much needed at Barca.if we don't fix the midfield, we will see more horrow show in the coming years.

If Pep really wanted Kroos to stay he would of made it happen. However, he didn't. If kroos stayed it would of been better for pep, but it wasn't life or death with Pep, Kroos or bayern. They got an old Alonso, who has done as well as kroos in Germany.

Jupp wasnt really high on Kroos defensive ability as well.

If Thiago went to madrid, I would bet ZIdane replace kroos with Thiago, just like I told them germans Thiago would do to their midfield 4 years ago. Dynamic possession midfielders are hard to come by these days. Very few could fit the mold of a Barcelona midfielder.

Kimmich is the real deal for Bayern. Defensively strong. faster than Kroos, good crosser, good long balls and good distribution. l think he will be much better than Kroos in the coming years. let's hope Barca can make something before they waste him on RB.

clemente

Hes not coming here, lets get a reality check, he likes it there, he doesn't like us, I bet he will regret it next season when Roberry with Lahm are pretty much gone.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Kimmich is the real deal for Bayern. Defensively strong. faster than Kroos, good crosser, good long balls and good distribution. l think he will be much better than Kroos in the coming years. let's hope Barca can make something before they waste him on RB.

I agree, except the better than Kroos part as you never know, but he certainly is an outstanding talent who has made significant impact already. Think he could do great here.

Xavi is his rolemodel too ;)

Kroos is one with world class strenghts but lacks defensive abilities and somehow lacks dynamic and vision to play further forward. With him it is important with who he is partnered. Give him a defensive sweeper and somebody real dynamic in front and that is great.

Thiago can develop in a real great midfield general - more a 6/8 or pure 8 than a 10 as he has all the qualities to be a more central midfielder but in my eyes he is far better picking out passes behind the offense than if he really is a part of it - and I think there is a lot of good 10s and he would be nothing special there but he is something really special from the 8 as he really combines both sides of the match. For me he looked a lot better behind Müller, Lewy and the wingers as he was really great directing play from there watching the movements of the forwards to use them for either to pick out vertical passes or make fast side changes. And he did a lot work tackling and intercepting. I have seen both at Bayern - Kroos and Thiago. Kroos might be the more steady type and better passer - Thiago is far better defensively and picks out that passes that really hurt whereas Kroos seldom saw them and often time passed so the possibilities were gone.

The corners - I think that has a lot to do with the people in the box, too. The German national team seldom has goals from crosses as against a lot of opponents there is only the defenders and Müller or Khedira in a lesser way that are really a threat in that regard. But when we played in the World Cup with 4 central defenders, Klose, Schweinsteiger and Müller that was a lot more successful. Then Müller is able to get better out of guard either as the taller ones seem to be the bigger threat - what let to the opening goal against Brasil and the one against the USA. Kroos is always the taker - but with different results that really depend on who is in the box. Prior to that World Cup we did not have goals after corners or set-pieces (if only competitive matches or in friendlies, too, I do not know) for atleast 2 years - if not more.

1993Kaan1993

I agree, except the better than Kroos part as you never know, but he certainly is an outstanding talent who has made significant impact already. Think he could do great here.

Xavi is his rolemodel too ;)

l know, only future will tell us. However, potential is there. nevertheless Bayern will waste him on RB.

MIXA

We can keep talking about Thiago until we blue in the face but I think that it is highly unlikely that he will come back. Not this summer at least.

Ancelotti is only in his first season and he has already made it very clear that Thiago is his favoured midfield choice. He isn't going to let him go.

Barca fans talking about Thiago is the same as Bayern fans talking about signing Busquets. Unfortunately for us, we let Thiago go and now we have to pay for that mistake.

1993Kaan1993

l won't care about Thiago as long as we sign Kimmich. it seems he doesn't want to play at RB and his idol is Xavi. That's why l have hope and l think we have chance for him. Yep, he also posted about our comeback vs PSG on his instagram.

Kimmich, Verratti/Coutinho, decent RB, Deulofeu should be our minimum. otherwise, we will pay for the horrible transfer period of last summer.

We should do everything possible to sign them.

Yannik

l won't care about Thiago as long as we sign Kimmich. it seems he doesn't want to play at RB and his idol is Xavi. That's why l have hope and l think we have chance for him. Yep, he also posted about our comeback vs PSG on his instagram.

Kimmich, Verratti/Coutinho, decent RB, Deulofeu should be our minimum. otherwise, we will pay for the horrible transfer period of last summer.

We should do everything possible to sign them.

In all honesty, Kimmich would be a fool to not even think of Barca at this point. He will start at Bayern next year, but as RB. And he is wasted there. He works there, but that doesn't mean he should pursue a RB career. At Barca he'd be an outright starter in midfield at a club of the same size, if not above. I fear that Kimmich will go heavily under the radar as a RB, he will probably be decent, but not actually fantastic because he neither a natural defender nor a fast wingback. He's a midfielder.

Richard.H

In all honesty, Kimmich would be a fool to not even think of Barca at this point. He will start at Bayern next year, but as RB. And he is wasted there. He works there, but that doesn't mean he should pursue a RB career. At Barca he'd be an outright starter in midfield at a club of the same size, if not above. I fear that Kimmich will go heavily under the radar as a RB, he will probably be decent, but not actually fantastic because he neither a natural defender nor a fast wingback. He's a midfielder.

Bayern aren't a selling club and never have been (with the rare case of Kroos since he wanted out anyway). It would take a lot of cash to sign any player from them.

1993Kaan1993

Kimmich? Kimmich is a Denis Suarez level player. We need quality, not more squad players.

Yep, this is why Pep, Manc. Un. and us wants him. To be honest, l was thinkin that he was average last season, with watchin him this season more and more.he impressed me so much. Sanches is average, but Kimmich is special.

We can keep talking about Thiago until we blue in the face but I think that it is highly unlikely that he will come back. Not this summer at least.

Ancelotti is only in his first season and he has already made it very clear that Thiago is his favoured midfield choice. He isn't going to let him go.

Barca fans talking about Thiago is the same as Bayern fans talking about signing Busquets. Unfortunately for us, we let Thiago go and now we have to pay for that mistake.

Is there really Bayern fans interested in Busquets? A lot want Martinez back on the 6.

Yes, this summer Thiago for sure will not be available. He has contract until 2019 and if he does not sign a new contract - what his father already told was in work - 2018 would be the first possibility for a transfer.

Kimmich will not go either - he will get more match time next season and has the time to wait until Ancelotti is gone and a better coach (who is more a system builder and youth worker) hopefully will take over.

I do not think that he will be great as a fullback in the Ancelotti system either. With Pep's adjustment - as a full back that often fills up the midfield and only occasional does forward runs - I think it is different. But Lahm this season struggled heavily doing the double shift offensively and defensively and both Müller and Robben suffered partly from the lack of help they had on that wing. Same with Alaba who is a fast runner but was caught out defensively a lot this season.

In the German national team the position is Kimmich's biggest chance.

Home of Barca Fans