Thierry Henry

Nirre_99

sup guys, barely got a chance to post about henry's hand.
My View: france would have won anyways. And if the replay would magically happen then france will just win agian.

If I understood it correctly, Ireland deserved a win in that game based on the play so I wouldn't be so sure about win for France (they need a new manager).

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
anyone seen roy keane's take on this. man i never thought i would agree with Roy about anything, but he spoke like a man!

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
well yeah he clearly has his own agenda, but that doesn't denigrate his argument.
Well most of it. I don't think not clearing the ball equals a valid handball goal. While it should have been cleared etc (all true) it doesn't mean that Henry is allowed to setup a goal by touching the ball twice. If Henry doesn't handle it, the ball goes out and nothing happens. So as Henry did not make the hand ball, it was a good call by the defence since there wasn't any goal then.

Is it that weird to feel sour being Irish after that goal? Things like "They didn't take them, but it's the usual FAI (Football Association of Ireland) reaction - 'we've been robbed, the honesty of the game...' It's rubbish." are crap and reveals the Real Keane again, that personal war guy. They have been robbed, clearly.

"They can complain all they want but France are going to the World Cup - get over it. France were there for the taking and Ireland didn't do it. Same old story." was as far as he had to go. Then he would get my approval. Now I feel like it's just about him and winning his war.

Guardian

Well most of it. I don't think not clearing the ball equals a valid handball goal. While it should have been cleared etc (all true) it doesn't mean that Henry is allowed to setup a goal by touching the ball twice. If Henry doesn't handle it, the ball goes out and nothing happens. So as Henry did not make the hand ball, it was a good call by the defence since there wasn't any goal then.

Is it that weird to feel sour being Irish after that goal? Things like "They didn't take them, but it's the usual FAI (Football Association of Ireland) reaction - 'we've been robbed, the honesty of the game...' It's rubbish." are crap and reveals the Real Keane again, that personal war guy. They have been robbed, clearly.

"They can complain all they want but France are going to the World Cup - get over it. France were there for the taking and Ireland didn't do it. Same old story." was as far as he had to go. Then he would get my approval. Now I feel like it's just about him and winning his war.

Roy Keane was 100% spot on. The Irish FA should be ashamed of its hypocrisy. Did they call for a replay when Georgia were robbed with that penalty? Did they accept Georgia's appeal to postpone their home game due to political reasons? No, they played it in Germany in front of Irish fans, while the rest teams had to play Georgia at their 50 000 stadium. Was that fair? Do you think that Pazzini deserved that red card?

What Roy Keane said was that wrong decisions happen all the time, players dive, cheat, handball, this is the nature of football and the footballers know it, this game is not for naive kids, they should have learnt it by now. We've seen many players to do that before Henry, players like Messi, Raul, Nistelrooy, Maradona, Aguero and many others, many of players like Ronaldo, Drogba, Gilardino, Nani dive at every opportunity they have. But that shouldn't be used as an excuse. Henry could have stopped the ball with his body and crossed the ball, experienced players shouldn't stay and only hope for offside or handball calls. They're pros for fuck sake and I'm sure they have seen worse decisions (like that one with Georgia).

One more thing. Yes the Irish were better in the second leg, but the playoffs are played over two legs, in the first leg Ireland were poor. Roy has notified this. The Irish FA should stop looking for conspiracy theories, they should concentrate on Robbie Keane's finishing rather than believing in the Maya calendar and FIFA's honesty.

France should be more worried about their future and Henry should be ashamed of himself, but if we start to name all players that dive, cheat or commit brutal fouls, then we need to name them all.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Roy Keane was 100% spot on. The Irish FA should be ashamed of its hypocrisy. Did they call for a replay when Georgia were robbed with that penalty? Did they accept Georgia's appeal to postpone their home game due to political reasons? No, they played it in Germany in front of Irish fans, while the rest teams had to play Georgia at their 50 000 stadium. Was that fair? Do you think that Pazzini deserved that red card?

What Roy Keane said was that wrong decisions happen all the time, players dive, cheat, handball, this is the nature of football and the footballers know it, this game is not for naive kids, they should have learnt it by now. We've seen many players to do that before Henry, players like Messi, Raul, Nistelrooy, Maradona, Aguero and many others, many of players like Ronaldo, Drogba, Gilardino, Nani dive at every opportunity they have. But that shouldn't be used as an excuse. Henry could have stopped the ball with his body and crossed the ball, experienced players shouldn't stay and only hope for offside or handball calls. They're pros for fuck sake and I'm sure they have seen worse decisions (like that one with Georgia).

One more thing. Yes the Irish were better in the second leg, but the playoffs are played over two legs, in the first leg Ireland were poor. Roy has notified this. The Irish FA should stop looking for conspiracy theories, they should concentrate on Robbie Keane's finishing rather than believing in the Maya calendar and FIFA's honesty.

France should be more worried about their future and Henry should be ashamed of himself, but if we start to name all players that dive, cheat or commit brutal fouls, then we need to name them all.
Wow.
Spot on.
+20101 :worthy:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I don't know about the Germany game and Pazzini but I have seen the images of that Georgia penalty on Youtube. There is a difference between that and this game: Ireland didn't do anything wrong, contrary to Henry. Henry handled the ball and says a replay would be fair. That is different from the Georgia game because there it was only the ref who made a mistake.

But as I said: Keane was partly right imo. He said good things like "stop whining, you had the chances, it happens, get over it" but I don't agree about "not being robbed" and his personal attacks on the Irish football association.

I don't think there should be a replay at all. But I do think Henry cheated, Ireland were robbed and should (be able to) feel that they are robbed. That's all.

Guardian

I don't know about the Germany game and Pazzini but I have seen the images of that Georgia penalty on Youtube. There is a difference between that and this game: Ireland didn't do anything wrong, contrary to Henry. Henry handled the ball and says a replay would be fair. That is different from the Georgia game because there it was only the ref who made a mistake.

But as I said: Keane was partly right imo. He said good things like "stop whining, you had the chances, it happens, get over it" but I don't agree about "not being robbed" and his personal attacks on the Irish football association.

I don't think there should be a replay at all. But I do think Henry cheated, Ireland were robbed and should (be able to) feel that they are robbed. That's all.

There's absolutely no difference, it was a wrong call, and the Irish were quite happy with it. Georgia were robbed. Ireland took advantage. Then vice versa. Keane said it "What goes around, comes around". If you had followed the games in our group, you would see that all calls went in Ireland's favour. I don't want to go back and count the wrong decisions in the Bulgaria game, but Ireland never convinced me they deserved that playoff final with France.

And Keane never said "not being robbed" he has just pointed out the IFA hypocrisy. He admitted there was a handball but things like that happen all the time. Players dive, commit bad fouls, spit, behave like idiots, handball, there are dirty tricks...this is football, it's not a game for priests and nuns. Only someone who has been involved in it would understand Big Roy Keane.

and I don't understand the Henry uproar. Who hasn't cheated or or acted dirty? Pepe? Messi? Maradona? Aguero? Klinsmann? Voller? Gullit? Rijkaard? Raul? Nistelrooy? Drogba? Ronaldo? Rivaldo? R. Carlos? Gerrard? Bergkamp? Alves? Ramos? Who? Damn I need 2 weeks to name them all. This is football, and the rules rely on subjective human decisions. This is the game. Priests and good guys don't become footballers or athletes.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans