Thomas Partey

Andresito

Staff member
Hard for me to believe he?d leave Atleti to join a Europa league side....

He might feel Atleti peaked in mid 2010's and won't get any better than that. And at Atleti he'll always be behind golden boys Koke and Saul, as well as Oblak and Felix.

Newcomer has a good point too with PL reputation.

Rumours are he'll triple his salary at Arsenal. At the moment players like Kalinic and Vrsaljko earn more than him.

But I feel there should be more teams in for him.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He might feel Atleti peaked in mid 2010's and won't get any better than that. And at Atleti he'll always be behind golden boys Koke and Saul, as well as Oblak and Felix.

Newcomer has a good point too with PL reputation.

Rumours are he'll triple his salary at Arsenal. At the moment players like Kalinic and Vrsaljko earn more than him.

But I feel there should be more teams in for him.

Koke and Saul are more offensively minded players. Partey is THE holding midfielder in this Atleti team, he is arguably more important than Saul and Koke. Current Arsenal would be a clear step down. Atleti are doubling his wage and renewing him anyway, which is a pity, because we really could have used a player like Partey instead of Vidal.

Andresito

Staff member
Koke and Saul are more offensively minded players. Partey is THE holding midfielder in this Atleti team, he is arguably more important than Saul and Koke. Current Arsenal would be a clear step down. Atleti are doubling his wage and renewing him anyway, which is a pity, because we really could have used a player like Partey instead of Vidal.

Yeah well importance doesn't matter in this case. Koke and Saul are the icons of this Atletico. They've been there since they were kids and will never leave.

If Atletico had to choose one to get rid of of Oblak, Koke, Saul, Felix and Thomas, they'd undoubtedly get rid of the latter, despite his importance.

It's not that big of a step down. Sure Atleti is a much better team than Arsenal H2H, but the fact that Atletico have Real Madrid and Barcelona ahead of them and PL's reputation being so high, I don't think he'd NOT fancy a move to Arsenal.

He's 27 and in his prime. I agree that he'd be a good addition to us, but there's nothing pointing towards that.

Xaviniesta

Atl?tico fans on reddit say he?s inconsistent and on his bad days he?s really bad hence why they think many clubs are not in for him

jairzinho

Always been a big fan of this guy. Incredible that no one has activated that release clause.

Would you describe him as a destroyer or a b2b midfielder or maybe both.

FC433

^
Todibo should cover the CB one/ just keep him. I cannot see us selling Dembele for anything less than 50m + 10m for Rafinha. That is 60m.

However, I agree with you. We are not going to sign a midfielder. CB and CF most likely.

Toecrusher

If we sell Dembele, boards priority is to cash the funds to save their asses from debt, not invest in the squad

Home of Barca Fans